Chiefs and the Playoffs

If the new playoff format had been in place last season the Chiefs would have had to play on wild card weekend. The whole excitement of leapfrogging the Patriots into the #2 seed would have not been a thing. Since it is proven that teams with a bye week have a greater chance of reaching the Super Bowl than not...seems that the new format heavily favors the #1 seed. Gotta say I am not a fan of this new format. What say you?

This helps us.  We just got a better chance of making the playoffs in down years and we will win our share of 1 seeds in the AFC.  Not a fan overall but this is good for KC perhaps more than any other team.  Even as a 7 seed you have to like our chances in the tourney with Mahomes.

6 minutes ago, xen said:

This helps us.  We just got a better chance of making the playoffs in down years and we will win our share of 1 seeds in the AFC.  Not a fan overall but this is good for KC perhaps more than any other team.  Even as a 7 seed you have to like our chances in the tourney with Mahomes.

I guess I am assuming KC is going to be one of the top teams with Reid and Mahomes for a while anyway.....therefore in my mind it helps the Buffalos and Tennessees of the AFC world. At some point down the road we may benefit from sneaking in as a 7th seed but this format only truly benefits the Chiefs if they are the #1 seed.

On 4/1/2020 at 2:09 PM, dhitter said:

I guess I am assuming KC is going to be one of the top teams with Reid and Mahomes for a while anyway.....therefore in my mind it helps the Buffalos and Tennessees of the AFC world. At some point down the road we may benefit from sneaking in as a 7th seed but this format only truly benefits the Chiefs if they are the #1 seed.

Xen was thinking long term I believe. I agree with you dhitter- helps the Tenn, Buff, amybe even Dolphins and Raiders of the AFC.

My thinking with Brady in the NFC now its a race between KC, Baltimore and Houston for #1 seed for the next 4-7 years

33 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

I think the NFL should stop pussy footing around with 14 teams and jump to 32. Fuck it...everyone gets a participation trophy and gets a try at the big dance. Even the browns 

Patience

3 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Xen was thinking long term I believe. I agree with you dhitter- helps the Tenn, Buff, amybe even Dolphins and Raiders of the AFC.

My thinking with Brady in the NFC now its a race between KC, Baltimore and Houston for #1 seed for the next 4-7 years

Houston? Houston? The team that trades Hopkins for almost nothing and trades for a tackle giving away 2 first round picks and more? Houston?

42 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Houston? Houston? The team that trades Hopkins for almost nothing and trades for a tackle giving away 2 first round picks and more? Houston?

Wasn't it reported a couple of weeks ago that they were talking about trading Watson to NE? 

4 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Plus let's be real, there are going to be years that don't go as well as others.  This just increases the chances of making the dance and then who knows.