Watkins reworks terms for last year of contract

1 hour ago, Balto said:

Meh I don’t see what they pulled off /shrug 

I just don’t think he was worth &16M cap hit with the chance of again having $7M in dead money next season 

Sure but its like a 9 million addition. He was 7 million dead money if he left. So good player at 9 million especially in a short training season. Doubt he earns much in bonus?

1 hour ago, West said:

Offense will be better in 2020....

The AFC Championship Game strategy is apparent.  Make The Ravens "play from behind".....

w

I think you are giving a glorified HB too much credit. Ravens built a very good team for sure but Jackson will suffer the same faith as running QBs the year after they make their mark. 

1 hour ago, sith13 said:

So we have 16 million cap hit in 2020 and could end up with 7 million for 2021. I doubt those are easy incentives but doesn't look like a good job by Veach if you ask me or he has an immediate plan for that 5 million cap space. 

Draft pool.

4 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Go after IOL and cut Reiter for the cap space. Then draft LB, CB and a TE/ RB in the draft.

There is no doubt that interior oline needs to be addressed. I’d draft one too. Before pat gets killed.

40 minutes ago, kccrow said:

Has the same effect as the extension I was expecting so it makes me a happy camper. Now, onto the Jones sitiation.

Maybe they could now release/trade Robinson?  Does he also have a no trade in his contract?  😉

Still hoping for a good trade for Jones and an affordable deal with Breeland. 

47 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Maybe they could now release/trade Robinson?  Does he also have a no trade in his contract?  😉

Still hoping for a good trade for Jones and an affordable deal with Breeland. 

The longer Breeland goes unsigned the more it favors him coming back to KC I would think. I'm on the fence about Jones. A quality interior defensive linemen who can pressure the QB consistently is pretty rare. But we could benefit greatly by trading him and getting some high level picks. Also there is a benefit of playing with a proven commodity vs. an unproven draft pick (see Frank Clark). So yeah I'm torn.

20 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Cut Colquit and LDT and sign Breland to a 1/7m deal.  The 5m from Watkins is for the draft pool.   We can cut Reiter after we draft a center

This right here.  I would give Breeland 2 years though

2 hours ago, Palangi said:

This right here.  I would give Breeland 2 years though

Would he take that?  Yeah I would love that, 2/14.  I just figured he would do another prove deal but with the risk of injury 2/14 isn’t bad at all either.   

On 4/3/2020 at 9:17 AM, oldtimer said:

in pops the troll.

I for one am thrilled ..now I wonder what happened to that $7 mil  that was guaranteed  left over on his last contract??

Yeah....because I have an opinion? I am sure there are many in here who agree

3 hours ago, reesebobby said:

In three playoff games this year, he averaged 96 yards a game receiving.  I'm not sure why you care about Watkins, but he's a huge part of the best offense in football.  

Yup including the AFC championship game against the patsies he posted 116 yards 

The other question is whether or not you are going to find a WR with his combination of size, speed, route running, and ability in the open field. The answer is no. Because there just isnt many that exist.

Question his heart, motivation, hands, and injury history all you want. But theres no denying that his gifts are rare, and CBs arent real excited about having to cover him for 60 minutes. And he knows our offense.