Watkins reworks terms for last year of contract

Sammy's skill set is a big reason I'm incredibly high on Brandon Aiyuk in the draft. I don't think he'll be there at 63 but in a trade back scenario I'm definitely a buyer. Would take him over a RB at 32 if that's the way things fell. 

5 hours ago, wilkie said:

Actually kind of surprised he wasn't targeted more.  Seems like he was one on one much of the time

One has to wonder if he has the same level of trust from Mahomes as Kelce and Hill.  With them often doubled, it would seem Sammy would get more targets. 

Just now, mex said:

He singlehandedly squelched the niners' passing game in the 4th Q

I'd hate to lose him

He was a big factor, but it wasn't single handed.  Losing him would be bad, but shedding $16.1 million this year and over $20 the next several and maybe getting a stud LB added in would be a good move IMHO.  

On 4/4/2020 at 9:53 AM, Handswarmer said:

One play?

uh, he made more plays this year, quality plays, than any of the ravens WRs... 

sammy is the definition of clutch

forget the SB... start with the game-clinching score vs the Titans

which Ravens receiver had a game-clinching score against the Titans?

7 minutes ago, jetlord said:

He was a big factor, but it wasn't single handed.  Losing him would be bad, but shedding $16.1 million this year and over $20 the next several and maybe getting a stud LB added in would be a good move IMHO.  

he knocked down two passes singlehandedly... big part of squelching their drives

he was involved in pressuring garappalo on Clark's final sack 

without Jones, those last two niners possessions might have given all of us more grey hair

1 hour ago, mex said:

he knocked down two passes singlehandedly... big part of squelching their drives

he was involved in pressuring garappalo on Clark's final sack 

without Jones, those last two niners possessions might have given all of us more grey hair

It was also his pressure on Jimmy G that caused the Breeland pick.

11 hours ago, mex said:

uh, he made more plays this year, quality plays, than any of the ravens WRs... 

sammy is the definition of clutch

forget the SB... start with the game-clinching score vs the Titans

which Ravens receiver had a game-clinching score against the Titans?

Don't blame the WRs, they didn't have a QB to throw them the ball. 

When a quality wide receiver, who could be the 1 or 2 on any other team in the NFL is the 3rd option behind Kelce and Hill, and he’s  just running around out there as you’re third best option, you got a big time playmaker making plays when it counts. Can’t cover everyone. Sammy can thrive here and cement his legacy, especially if the Chiefs keep winning Super Bowls in this three to five years window. 10 of 11 starters on offense coming back? They’re still hungry for more. Championship didn’t break up that core unit. Hardly ever happens that way. Won’t have to live another 50 years to see them in the thick of it and win another one. Good move by Watkins to stay. He gets it. 

On 4/5/2020 at 6:05 AM, Iluvhouse24 said:

The other question is whether or not you are going to find a WR with his combination of size, speed, route running, and ability in the open field. The answer is no. Because there just isnt many that exist.

Question his heart, motivation, hands, and injury history all you want. But theres no denying that his gifts are rare, and CBs arent real excited about having to cover him for 60 minutes. And he knows our offense.

Dude is a pitbull with the ball in his hands and in blocking and on the other side is the fastest freak in the nfl.   Gotta suck for opposing db's.   Everyone of them have tried and everyone of them exposed either by Hill or Watkins.   

24 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Dude is a pitbull with the ball in his hands and in blocking and on the other side is the fastest freak in the nfl.   Gotta suck for opposing db's.   Everyone of them have tried and everyone of them exposed either by Hill or Watkins.   

like Sherman was. fricken love it! 

On 4/5/2020 at 9:23 AM, kccrow said:

Sammy's skill set is a big reason I'm incredibly high on Brandon Aiyuk in the draft. I don't think he'll be there at 63 but in a trade back scenario I'm definitely a buyer. Would take him over a RB at 32 if that's the way things fell. 

Sssssssh I love me some Aiyuk!  I agree I don’t see anyway he gets to out 2nd pick and I’m just not sure Veach would take a WR in the 1st even with Sammy being on a 1 year deal.  

I guess it could matter what going down with Jones and if a deal gets done or traded and we gain extra picks.  

I’d say LB and IOL is much bigger need but it be hard for me to pass on Aiyuk if he is there at even 32. 

gotta keep feeding the best player in the NFL weapons!! 

I would have considered a wr in this draft a possibility but after resigning both DRob and Sammy I just don't see that happening. If we can come out of this draft with a starting DB, LB and IOL then we could significantly be better than last year and deeper.   A repeat SB win is a rare thing but a very good possibility with this group.   Can't wait till this offense puts together a full game or at least a full first 3 quarters because if they do then most of the starters will be sitting in the 4th because we will be up 28-35 points.    Get Mahomes a stud C and lets watch him break every freaking record in the record book!

On 4/5/2020 at 7:23 PM, kccrow said:

This is KC, rules are very simple:

• No WR (Bowe, Baldwin) or RB (LJ) in 1st.
  • RBs must be drafted only in the 3rd (Charles, Hunt). 

3 hours ago, sith13 said:

This is KC, rules are very simple:

• No WR (Bowe, Baldwin) or RB (LJ) in 1st.
  • RBs must be drafted only in the 3rd (Charles, Hunt). 

Bowe and LJ are both third on the Chiefs All Time rushing and receiving list by the way. Both within 100 yards of number two all time.  Anthony Hancock and Sylvester Morris however would like their due attention. 
Reality is when your the World Champs drafting 32nd  all bets are off. Just take the BPA period or trade back. No question corner would be the priority though. 

I would like a young outside press beater at receiver to develop out of this draft.  It is an area of need considering the status of our contracts and the quality depth in this draft.  Don't much care where but I'm fine if it's a high pick.  

12 minutes ago, xen said:

I would like a young outside press beater at receiver to develop out of this draft.  It is an area of need considering the status of our contracts and the quality depth in this draft.  Don't much care where but I'm fine if it's a high pick.  

There are as many as 18 WRs who are getting top 100 grades which is pretty remarkable. Trading back and getting three day two picks seems absolutely ideal for our situation and the reality this draft is deep at CB too.  How much Veach values the cover LBs Queen and Murray probably plays a role there. 

2 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

There are as many as 18 WRs who are getting top 100 grades which is pretty remarkable. Trading back and getting three day two picks seems absolutely ideal for our situation and the reality this draft is deep at CB too.  How much Veach values the cover LBs Queen and Murray probably plays a role there. 

I have no doubt Veach and Spags would love to get a good cover LB in the draft. Seems to me that year in and year out the LB position is pretty thin as far as the draft goes. When is the last time you heard LB listed as deep in the draft? It has to be addressed by the Chiefs....but how?

2 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

I think those 2 are way gone before we pick so trade back is a no brainer, also assuming someone we love doesn't fall to us + someone with extra picks wants that last pick with the 5th year option.