Chiefs Pats replay

31 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

What’s also very noticeable is how much Patrick Mahomes has progressed since then. 

He certainly has.  Losing Hunt and injuries to Hill, Sammy, Fisher, etc. shows how much he could do with a little more experience.  But the change in defense is the exciting thing.  No way would Sutton's defense held the Niners in the fourth quarter of the SB. I've watched every 2019 game on gamepass recently and it's easy to see the defense evolve during the season. 

3 hours ago, jetlord said:

He certainly has.  Losing Hunt and injuries to Hill, Sammy, Fisher, etc. shows how much he could do with a little more experience.  But the change in defense is the exciting thing.  No way would Sutton's defense held the Niners in the fourth quarter of the SB. I've watched every 2019 game on gamepass recently and it's easy to see the defense evolve during the season. 

Defense was night and day better. Attitude and skill Clark and Mathieu brought along with far superior scheme from Spags probably did more to improve this team than anything else. 

6 hours ago, NCK Chiefs Fan said:

Last night I watched a replay of the Chiefs and Patriots from 2018.  The final score was 43-40 Pats win.  As I watched that game I remembered how glad I am that Sutton is gone and marveled at the talent of K. Hunt.  How I wish we could have kept him.  What a waste of such talent!.. 

watched the same game last night, thought the same things

you could tell we were on the cusp of greatness... just needed some defensive changes 

3 hours ago, jetlord said:

yep... they kept getting more confident... even when they were down

to spot a team like Hou 24 unanswered, and then hold deshawn to nothing for two entire quarters... man that speaks volumes about confidence

"I like this. This is what I like."

usatsi_13738956.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

I watched some of the Chiefs-Rams game from 2018 and thought similar things you all are talking about.  Watching that game, it was clear that the difference was how bad the Chiefs defense was.

Hunt looked really good, and it's hard not to imagine what could have been. Having said that I could picture Damian Williams performing just as well in that game. Another thing to remember is, our team still won the SB without Hunt. 

I think Reid's coaching scheme really helps players flourish.