2020 surprises

4 hours ago, oldtimer said:

well be sure to tell that to Spags.. I'm sure he's waiting on your call

Well the fact he tried every other linebacker at that spot before settling on Ben tells me he was the bottom of a very pathetic barrel.  I think he has value as a backup because of his great ST play but outside of knowing what he’s suppose to do on the field his play is beyond pedestrian.    

6 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Then I would expect our running game to remain pedestrian. He may be able to do everything at an acceptable level but I don't see much of anything he can do at an exceptional level. Yeah he has good contact balance.

He doesn't appear fast, elusive, etc.  Dude really looks like a guy who should get about 5 snaps a game.

Wow you are on one today

21 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Well we just signed DeAndre Washington RB from Oakland so apparently they aren’t satisfied.  I like Darwin just not as a primary back mainly because of his pass pro.  He’s got a skill set that we can use.

Or to be a camp body? I don't think this signing tells us much of anything

23 minutes ago, Palangi said:

Or to be a camp body? I don't think this signing tells us much of anything

That could very well be true.   I'm not saying he's terrible or that I don't like him just think he's gonna have to work for a roster spot this year.    His pass pro is very spotty and the fact we brought in Spencer Ware mid season and had he not got hurt DT wouldn't have played at all more than likely in the playoffs.   It was also reported that Andy questioned the call of even putting him in the game, Deland McCullough had to vouch for him to keep him in.   Couple that with the fact we already have 6 rb's not including Sherman it is interesting to say the least.   I like the fact we will have competition though.   I just wonder if he is one of those guys we fall in love with and see him with homer glasses.   

Give my long shots to do something great I suppose...

DE Demone Harris

I thought he flashed some good things last year in limited reps. A full offseason in this system will only help. I think he could be a legitimate rotational piece in 2020.

OL Nick Allegretti

I thought he looked solid last preseasons and he's had a year of strength training and learning. I give him more than a passing shot to win the starting center job.

My surprise cut: RB Darwin Thompson

He didn't show me anything last year that warrants a roster spot. Unless he shows marked improvement in camp this year I think he's a goner.

On 4/9/2020 at 7:57 PM, Spfdchiefsfan said:

Can't!  It's what I believe!  You going to go to a game late November with no vaccine in place?

absofuckin' lutely

I have no idea why people are so scared of this virus... it ain't any worse than any number of late 20th century flu outbreaks

the media has everyone hiding under their beds... football preseason is 3 months away

if people are still afraid to go out, they deserve to lose football season

There's quite a bit of time between now and September. Any poll made now is just pointless as people will change their mind on either direction based on how things turn out over time. Also it's always possible for people to find some excuses or obstacles stopping them from attending an event. 

The good thing is the pandemic started right after Chiefs won the SB providing NFL with the maximum amount of time prior to the new season.

11 hours ago, mex said:

absofuckin' lutely

I have no idea why people are so scared of this virus... it ain't any worse than any number of late 20th century flu outbreaks

the media has everyone hiding under their beds... football preseason is 3 months away

if people are still afraid to go out, they deserve to lose football season

I will be there. Imagine the seats you could get cheaply too!

37 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Me too, but I'm not sure the seats will be all that cheap.

Well if people are not going and seats are empty.....i am sure the prices will come down with demand being low.  I highly doubt though as i see this over well before the season starts.

17 hours ago, xen said:

Well he didn't vote 89000 times soooooo, not really his advice.

shocker, one demographic voting in his poll all believe the same thing, mostly stuff his dumbass has been pitching.  Again, call me shocked. 

From February - Nailed it right?

"I believe the coronavirus is overrated and we are overreacting to it because it is a new and novel fear. The flu happens every year and affects far more people than the coronavirus does." 

From early March - dumb comparison

"Imagine if the media covered car accident deaths like the coronavirus deaths. No one would ever drive a car. "

This article pulls back the curtain from his stupidity and how it's dangerous

https://thebulwark.com/the-ballad-of-clay-travis/

34 minutes ago, soonerborn77 said:

shocker, one demographic voting in his poll all believe the same thing, mostly stuff his dumbass has been pitching.  Again, call me shocked. 

From February - Nailed it right?

"I believe the coronavirus is overrated and we are overreacting to it because it is a new and novel fear. The flu happens every year and affects far more people than the coronavirus does." 

From early March - dumb comparison

"Imagine if the media covered car accident deaths like the coronavirus deaths. No one would ever drive a car. "

This article pulls back the curtain from his stupidity and how it's dangerous

https://thebulwark.com/the-ballad-of-clay-travis/

We get it.  You don't like him.  Save it for the Locker Room.  Nobody wants to argue Coronavirus in CTO