Looks like we resigned Breeland for 1/4.5m via twitter Rob Demovsky

Just awesome, yet again, by Veach. We can use this year to get BPA, go after guys for LB and still IOL plus have cuts, next years draft and FA to get more done with more cap. All of this plus the fact that these 1 year deals can turn into even more comp picks like they did this year for us!

Who is going to be a FA next year?

Ward

Breeland

Kpass

Pennel

Wilson

Schwartz?

D Williams

S Watkins and DRob 

am I missing anyone else of value?

If we draft a starting CB we will just need one more to replace Breland. 
If Saunders keeps developing that covers Pennel.

Im not worried at all about replacing LBs are our core is very avg at best.  

Wr is the biggest area of concern and we can now grab a developmental guy in the 3-5. 

If we draft a T in the draft this year Schwartz o Fisher could be replaced.

Could be rough unless we continue to develop our own but I think we finally have the staff on D to do just that.   This offseason has been slow but I think he’s knocking it out of the park.

9 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Could be rough unless we continue to develop our own but I think we finally have the staff on D to do just that.   This offseason has been slow but I think he’s knocking it out of the park.

👍

18 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Ward

Breeland

Kpass

Pennel

Wilson

Schwartz?

D Williams

S Watkins and DRob 

Wr is the biggest area of concern and we can now grab a developmental guy in the 3-5. 

Keep Schwartz and Ward for sure. Like to keep Penell at right price. Kpass i will wait and see how he does this year but he could be another. The rest can go if they want silly money. If they get that type of money the better for us on comp picks.

20 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Ward

Breeland

Kpass

Pennel

Wilson

Schwartz?

D Williams

S Watkins and DRob 

Schwartz is signed for 2 more years at a cap hit of @10 per.  6.25 cap savings if cut after 2020 season.

Fisher signed for 2 more at @ 14-15 per.  11.5 savings on cap if cut after this year.

Just some context.

I hope the rumor is true. Breeland wasn't a star but a solid CB that got the job done. If we find a decent CB in the first 2 days our secondary concerns might be over and could develop some project players for future. Would have been great to have him for 2 seasons and get some more flexibility in the draft but the price is too good to be a multi-year thing. 

45 minutes ago, xen said:

Schwartz is signed for 2 more years at a cap hit of @10 per.  6.25 cap savings if cut after 2020 season.

Fisher signed for 2 more at @ 14-15 per.  11.5 savings on cap if cut after this year.

Just some context.

Gotta keep Schwartz but Fisher can be replaced if he wants top LT money.

2 hours ago, xen said:

Just some context.

I couldn't remember.  Thats good news.  I kinda expect them to draft a LT project this year and possibly allow Fisher to be traded or cut next year.  But still continuity isn't a bad thing.

9 minutes ago, SEMO said:

We can pretty much go BPA in the draft now.  Should prioritize a corner in the first two rounds, though.

LB, CB and IOL type guys to groom or start. This year Hardman will have another year to learn and we should see improvement on him. If not go WR next year for sure unless one falls that is BPA.

Then let him learn too this year. I would like to see TE. With Jones and this being his possible last year I can see DT too. The chiefs always seem to draft what they know will not be back next year. So this will be a telling sign if they do.

All of this plus next year's draft, FA period and cuts yet still to come when we should have even more picks from comp and having our allotted ones too. Not including how the cap will look and we come off some huge contracts too. Dynasty building time after back to back SB win of course. 

4 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Schwartz will be getting a little old after two more seasons.  Gotta be ready to replace him down the road.  

I fully believe Schwartz will age much better than Fish.  Fish's game is based on athleticism.  Schwartz's game is based on technique.  That typically wears well.  I would have no problem signing Schwartz to an extension.

4 minutes ago, xen said:

I fully believe Schwartz will age much better than Fish.  Fish's game is based on athleticism.  Schwartz's game is based on technique.  That typically wears well.  I would have no problem signing Schwartz to an extension.

You're probably right.  Schwartz certainly has stayed healthy. 

42 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Schwartz will be getting a little old after two more seasons.  Gotta be ready to replace him down the road.  

What about Trent Williams for Fisher?  We gain a much better OT and locks up that spot for years and can look at grooming a swing tackle/Schwartz replacement now.

13 minutes ago, Balto said:

What about Trent Williams for Fisher?  We gain a much better OT and locks up that spot for years and can look at grooming a swing tackle/Schwartz replacement now.

The only reason he'll get traded is he wants a big ass contract.  Don't think we can afford him, plus we'd have to give up a pick.  No thanks.

54 minutes ago, xen said:

That fake hand punch he put on Watt to throw him off balance was beautiful.  

3 minutes ago, xen said:

The only reason he'll get traded is he wants a big ass contract.  Don't think we can afford him, plus we'd have to give up a pick.  No thanks.

Yes he wants paid but doesn’t want to stay in DC either.  Reports are the Skins have gone way down on asking price and now only want a 2nd.  yes Fisher is a downgrade for them BUT he is also not horrible and under contract a couple more years.

3 minutes ago, Balto said:

Yes he wants paid but doesn’t want to stay in DC either.  Reports are the Skins have gone way down on asking price and now only want a 2nd.  yes Fisher is a downgrade for them BUT he is also not horrible and under contract a couple more years.

Yeah but what are his contract demands?  Sure this year his contract is manageable but he's a free agent after this year.  Plus we'd have 9 mil in dead money from trading Fish.