Looks like we resigned Breeland for 1/4.5m via twitter Rob Demovsky

1 hour ago, Balto said:

What about Trent Williams for Fisher?  We gain a much better OT and locks up that spot for years and can look at grooming a swing tackle/Schwartz replacement now.

What do you estimate a long term contract for Williams would cost?

5 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I'm sure he wants at least 15 mill per. Trent Brown is the highest paid OT annually at 16.5 and he's not close to the player Williams is. 

Williams is 31 so shouldn't get anywhere near Brown got. At this point I think he'll prioritize the total guarantees over long term instead of yearly average. Not sure if I want to trade for him though as we would probably have to give up a pick as well and don't really have that much to spare. 

5 hours ago, sith13 said:

Williams is 31 so shouldn't get anywhere near Brown got. At this point I think he'll prioritize the total guarantees over long term instead of yearly average. Not sure if I want to trade for him though as we would probably have to give up a pick as well and don't really have that much to spare. 

I don't want to trade for him either. But he already made 13 million per and was holding out for a new contract. He is a 7 time pro bowl LT. Brown is a 1 time pro bowl RT.

He is going to ask to be the highest paid tackle in football and he has every right to do so. And he should absolutely get what Brown got. Williams is a future Hall of Fame player. Brown is a good player who hit free agency at the right time.

15 hours ago, sith13 said:

I just don’t see us having to give up a pick..

I think the Skins coming off two 1st to now looking for a 2nd seems they would LOVE to get a LT like Fisher who is younger, cheaper, Super Bowl experience and still avg to above avg  

Gotta think that Fisher is worth a 2nd don’t you?  Probably worth even more to the Skins ATM

On 4/10/2020 at 8:32 AM, soonerborn77 said:

The Super Bowl champions have 20 out of 22 starters back in a year where there will be limited to possible no training camp and limited preseason.  I think we've done great in the offseason.  On top of that we have our draft picks to start stocking up and building more depth.

My first reaction to the Breeland was relief that the Chiefs wouldn't be forced to reach for a starting CB in the draft.  After thinking about it, I'm not so sure.  Breeland did okay last season and he's playing for a contract again this year, but he's not really that good.  Better than Scandirck, for sure, but average at best.  The Chiefs will have to replace him after one more season anyway, so why not go for the best CB available if it's not a reach with the first pick?  Same thing applies to Watkins except he's already demonstrated that the league wasn't willing to pay him much more than $9 million this year and he could be signed again.

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

My first reaction to the Breeland was relief that the Chiefs wouldn't be forced to reach for a starting CB in the draft.  After thinking about it, I'm not so sure.  Breeland did okay last season and he's playing for a contract again this year, but he's not really that good.  Better than Scandirck, for sure, but average at best.  The Chiefs will have to replace him after one more season anyway, so why not go for the best CB available if it's not a reach with the first pick?  Same thing applies to Watkins except he's already demonstrated that the league wasn't willing to pay him much more than $9 million this year and he could be signed again.

KC is all in to win it again this year. At least Breeland will come up and make tackles. I see him improving being in the system for another year.

4 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

KC is all in to win it again this year. At least Breeland will come up and make tackles. I see him improving being in the system for another year.

And another year removed from that injury.  I don’t expect Revis Island I’m just glad we got a capable corner who knows the system and has the ability to make some splash plays throughout the year.

4 hours ago, jetlord said:

Same thing applies to Watkins except he's already demonstrated that the league wasn't willing to pay him much more than $9 million this year and he could be signed again.

Sammy never hit the market this year so we really learned nothing of the sort.  What we learned was Sammy was willing to renegotiate to stay in KC.  That's it.  All the rest was speculation.

40 minutes ago, xen said:

Sammy never hit the market this year so we really learned nothing of the sort.  What we learned was Sammy was willing to renegotiate to stay in KC.  That's it.  All the rest was speculation.

Of course, it's speculation, but it's impossible to think that Sammy's agent wasn't testing the market and didn't find a team willing to shell out the big bucks.  Maybe there was a little home town discount, but I'll bet it wasn't much if any. 

On 4/10/2020 at 5:00 PM, Balto said:

I just don’t see us having to give up a pick..

I think the Skins coming off two 1st to now looking for a 2nd seems they would LOVE to get a LT like Fisher who is younger, cheaper, Super Bowl experience and still avg to above avg  

Gotta think that Fisher is worth a 2nd don’t you?  Probably worth even more to the Skins ATM

Man you really aren't gonna give up on this Fisher to Washington deal are you?

14 hours ago, Balto said:

It won’t happen because it makes to much sense for both teams :)

I don't know how much sense it makes for us. We are cap strapped and are going to have the most expensive player in the league going forward. We will need as many rookie contracts as possible. In fact I'd say Fisher is a candidate for release next year because of the 11 mill they can free up by doing so.

I just can't see them adding cap money to that position while getting older and replacing an above average player that already knows our offense. If they drafted a guy that could play guard and kick out to tackle next year, they could get much more inexpensive at that position.

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I don't know how much sense it makes for us. We are cap strapped and are going to have the most expensive player in the league going forward. We will need as many rookie contracts as possible. In fact I'd say Fisher is a candidate for release next year because of the 11 mill they can free up by doing so.

I just can't see them adding cap money to that position while getting older and replacing an above average player that already knows our offense. If they drafted a guy that could play guard and kick out to tackle next year, they could get much more inexpensive at that position.

Exactly what I'd expect them to do.  Don't see it happening this year since that would involve sitting a high pick on the bench for a while, but if a "can't miss" or a lower pick that the staff thinks can develop, it wouldn't be shocking to see the Chiefs go OT next week. 

On 4/11/2020 at 6:03 PM, jetlord said:

Of course, it's speculation, but it's impossible to think that Sammy's agent wasn't testing the market and didn't find a team willing to shell out the big bucks.  Maybe there was a little home town discount, but I'll bet it wasn't much if any. 

Since he wasn't a free agent, wouldn't that of been tampering?

On 4/11/2020 at 1:38 PM, jetlord said:

I think we absolutely are taking a corner with either the first or second pick.  Getting Breeland back will help us knowing that we can now take best available out of CB, ILB and even IOL with our 1st round pick instead of having to absolutely take a corner (or possible even trading up to get a corner).  

36 minutes ago, soonerborn77 said:

I think we absolutely are taking a corner with either the first or second pick.  Getting Breeland back will help us knowing that we can now take best available out of CB, ILB and even IOL with our 1st round pick instead of having to absolutely take a corner (or possible even trading up to get a corner).  

We're not scouts, not coaches, nor do we have access to all the film on the players, but it seems that after the top two CBs, there are a lot of tier two CBs that are potential starters.  A few are less ready but have the superior still sets to become very good.  Hopefully, the Chiefs can grab one of those in the second and coach him up to be solid in 2021.  That's what the Breeland signing does. 

15 hours ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

Since he wasn't a free agent, wouldn't that of been tampering?

Not if KC gave permission but I have not seen a report that says they did.  Considering how much they like Sammy I doubt it happened.