What picks from Miami would you want for Jones?

16 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I’d take 18 or a combo of 26 and 70 or 26 and a 2nd Next year and 141.

Getting 26 and 70 would be worth ore than just 18 IMHO.  I'm not sure who will be available at 18 that's worth that much more for the Chiefs than getting that early third where there's still good value.  It's possible that the Chiefs might go for Blacklock to replace some of what Jones brought, but boards have him all over the place so don't know if that's a factor.  If they have their eyes on a first round LB, one of them should be there still at 26.  Having 70 could mean a really good RB or development possession WR and there is always the need for the IOL.

I START at Buckner to Colts for #13 overall pick value.....That would be #18 + #70

Anything less than #18+#70 and I will be upset.

I honestly think if Tua drops to #5 all beats are off and we could get a LOAD for Jones

1 minute ago, jetlord said:

Hope you're right but if MIA get Tua without trading up, and they probably can, they may want one of those linemen to protect him.  They won't have to give up another first to move up two spaces. 

1.5. Tua

#1.18 OL

#1.26 Jones trade

#2.39 Whatever they like, BPA or another OL

#2.56  Jones Trade if 26 and 56 or BPA 

#3.70 Jones Trade if they go 26 and 70 or BPA

they can address DT, OL twice and still get their QB at 5th pick. Plus have either the 56th or 70th pick not used in a trade for Jones at 18 plus 26/56. Man they have some fire power in picks.

Guess we shouldn’t forget that they have two 1st and two 2nds next year too lol.

Soooo maybe #26+2021 1st

Would still give them:

2-2020 1st

2-2020 2nds

1-2021 1st

2-2021 2nds

Plus Jones lol

3 hours ago, Balto said:

I START at Buckner to Colts for #13 overall pick value.....That would be #18 + #70

Anything less than #18+#70 and I will be upset.

I honestly think if Tua drops to #5 all beats are off and we could get a LOAD for Jones

Then if he is traded, I'd say you should prepare to be upset. 

5 hours ago, jetlord said:

Getting 26 and 70 would be worth ore than just 18 IMHO.  I'm not sure who will be available at 18 that's worth that much more for the Chiefs than getting that early third where there's still good value.  It's possible that the Chiefs might go for Blacklock to replace some of what Jones brought, but boards have him all over the place so don't know if that's a factor.  If they have their eyes on a first round LB, one of them should be there still at 26.  Having 70 could mean a really good RB or development possession WR and there is always the need for the IOL.

26 and 70 this year are almost exactly equivalent to the 17th pick. No question our defense would take a step back next year by doing this which hurts our repeat chances. But this is about the tipping point it’s worth it. Again very close to Frank Clark value. I’d prefer to keep Jones but could live with this. And mostly I trust Veach. 

Could be wrong, but there's a good chance that Queen or Murray would be available at #26.  That might not make up for losing Jones this year, but if Jones can't be afforded for a long term contract, then best to cut bait and move on.  The cap savings could be worth a lot when 6/1 cuts are made or when the Chiefs have to replace an injured player this fall.  Either Gallimore or Lockland could go a long ways in replacing Jones on the D-line.  Two more picks (three if the Chiefs can trade #32 for an early second and a fourth) gives so much more flexibility.

18 & 70 minimum...he's a tiny step down from Aaron Donald and DT like Jones are rarer to find over DE's. How many years and wasted draft picks have used trying to find a Chris Jones? I say find a way to keep him, makes his presence known up the middle repeatedly.

4 hours ago, jetlord said:

Hope you're right but if MIA get Tua without trading up, and they probably can, they may want one of those linemen to protect him.  They won't have to give up another first to move up two spaces. 

They could literally get their QBOTF, LT and a stud WR in the first round.   If they do this right they could over take NE this year even if Tua sat a year.  The Patriots are devoid of talent on offense and without Brady I doubt FA's are willing to take a discount to go play there.   Case in point, Gronk is mulling over coming back....not to NE but to Tampa...wonder why?

16 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

They could literally get their QBOTF, LT and a stud WR in the first round.   If they do this right they could over take NE this year even if Tua sat a year.  The Patriots are devoid of talent on offense and without Brady I doubt FA's are willing to take a discount to go play there.   Case in point, Gronk is mulling over coming back....not to NE but to Tampa...wonder why?

What about....

They get QBOTF at #5 and LT and WR with other 1st rounds.......Then send both 2021 1st to us for Jones.

Would give us 3 1st next year when all these 1 year contracts are done.

4 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Wasn't Gronk under contract when he retired? If so there's only one team he can return to, barring a trade. 

I would take #1-18 and #2-56. 

Nothing less.  A double digit sack guy from the inside is worth it.  And if they don't give us that then fine we keep him and it's no skin off our teeth.  

Ther salary cap will jump up next year.  We can sign him and mahomes.  Jones is only 25, u don't know why we are in a rush to get rid of him.  Teams have to gamelan for him. 

And while we are at it they better throw in David putney! Pancake eating mother fu..ers!

15 hours ago, Biggjliv4 said:

18 & 70 minimum...he's a tiny step down from Aaron Donald and DT like Jones are rarer to find over DE's. How many years and wasted draft picks have used trying to find a Chris Jones? I say find a way to keep him, makes his presence known up the middle repeatedly.

Who are you going to pick with that #18?  Just curious because several have insisted that they prefer that over #26 and #70.

3 hours ago, jetlord said:

Who are you going to pick with that #18?  Just curious because several have insisted that they prefer that over #26 and #70.

I think it’s #18+#70 over #26+#70....NOT #18 alone vs #26+#70

Murray, LB

Queen, LB

CJ Henderson, CB

A Tackle

A DT

A WR

I agree that a lot of players we could use will go off the board between 18 and 26.