What picks from Miami would you want for Jones?

1 hour ago, Balto said:

Trust me

I hold back about 90% of trade/offseason idea so I don't get the ban stick

I know you've always done it. I just don't understand why it's entertaining. I mean speculating about trades and mock off-seasons are fun when they are realistic. But yours never are.

This first round is absolutely loaded with LTs. Why in a million years would the rebuilding Dolphins give us a first rounder for a guy getting ready to turn 30 who is owed almost 30 million over the next 2 yrs.

And if they did make the decision to trade for a veteran LT, with all the picks and cap space they have, why would they would go after Fisher instead of a 7 time pro bowler in Trent Williams?

And on top of that you are basically asking for 2 first rounders for Chris Jones, who they'd have to turn around and give 90 plus million to. 

I mean honestly this has a 0% chance of happening. Zero. I don't understand how this is fun. I'm not knocking you. We've talked football for a decade. But I like to imagine what our roster could actually look like after the draft. Not what it would look like playing Madden.

5 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I know you've always done it. I just don't understand why it's entertaining. I mean speculating about trades and mock off-seasons are fun when they are realistic. But yours never are.

This first round is absolutely loaded with LTs. Why in a million years would the rebuilding Dolphins give us a first rounder for a guy getting ready to turn 30 who is owed almost 30 million over the next 2 yrs.

And if they did make the decision to trade for a veteran LT, with all the picks and cap space they have, why would they would go after Fisher instead of a 7 time pro bowler in Trent Williams?

And on top of that you are basically asking for 2 first rounders for Chris Jones, who they'd have to turn around and give 90 plus million to. 

I mean honestly this has a 0% chance of happening. Zero. I don't understand how this is fun. I'm not knocking you. We've talked football for a decade. But I like to imagine what our roster could actually look like after the draft. Not what it would look like playing Madden.

I wouldn’t say all of mine are never realistic.  

Phins could easily feel that Fisher is the safer way to go over the 5th or 6th best OT left on the board at #18.  You can’t say they are “rebuilding” with the money/players they have been bringing in this offseason.  They are clearly trying to strike while Pats have no QB.  Yes Fisher is owned  about $30M by KC over the next two years, the main reason I feel we should trade him btw, but you need to research a little and you will realize that a Miami would only have to pay him $20M over the next two year.  So $10M a year is a lot easier to swallow for Miami than the $15M we have to.

Trent Williams:  31 teams have passed on trading for him because the way he and his agent are handling this and also that he wants to be the highest paid tackle, which he should be.  Fisher comes with no baggage, SB experience and millions cheaper than Williams.  Even if Fisher is not on Williams level talent wise.

Two 1st for Jones:  I’m actually suggesting #18+2021 1st which has always been considered a current years 2nd.  So a 1st+2nd value which with having so many picks Miami might like this better because they have two 1st next season.

Sure this has 0% chance of happening and everything I post is all suggestions.  Like you said....entertainment

My post are always just thoughts on how KC can continue winning not just next season success.

Really boils down to I started this thread so I wouldn’t bog down other threads with trade options with Miami.  Anyone, yes that means you, could of just not clicked on the thread titled “What picks from Miami would you want for Jones?”  Don’t really think that’s to tricky to understand and you knew what was inside this thread lol.

2 hours ago, Balto said:

I wouldn’t say all of mine are never realistic.  

Phins could easily feel that Fisher is the safer way to go over the 5th or 6th best OT left on the board at #18.  You can’t say they are “rebuilding” with the money/players they have been bringing in this offseason.  They are clearly trying to strike while Pats have no QB.  Yes Fisher is owned  about $30M by KC over the next two years, the main reason I feel we should trade him btw, but you need to research a little and you will realize that a Miami would only have to pay him $20M over the next two year.  So $10M a year is a lot easier to swallow for Miami than the $15M we have to.

Trent Williams:  31 teams have passed on trading for him because the way he and his agent are handling this and also that he wants to be the highest paid tackle, which he should be.  Fisher comes with no baggage, SB experience and millions cheaper than Williams.  Even if Fisher is not on Williams level talent wise.

Two 1st for Jones:  I’m actually suggesting #18+2021 1st which has always been considered a current years 2nd.  So a 1st+2nd value which with having so many picks Miami might like this better because they have two 1st next season.

Sure this has 0% chance of happening and everything I post is all suggestions.  Like you said....entertainment

My post are always just thoughts on how KC can continue winning not just next season success.

Really boils down to I started this thread so I wouldn’t bog down other threads with trade options with Miami.  Anyone, yes that means you, could of just not clicked on the thread titled “What picks from Miami would you want for Jones?”  Don’t really think that’s to tricky to understand and you knew what was inside this thread lol.

I think Miami trading for Jones is realistic. I think them trading for Jones and Fisher and us coming away with 3 first round picks is beyond unrealistic. And no, I didn't realize you started the thread to come up with more Madden scenarios.

Just now, robgar said:

what i would take for jones..

the bottom 2 of miami's first round picks, there 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th,7th, and firsts for the next two years...

maybe you dont get it.. I am not trading jones. 

If they did a Ricky Williams trade like this I would let him go in a heartbeat.

8 minutes ago, robgar said:

what i would take for jones..

the bottom 2 of miami's first round picks, there 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th,7th, and firsts for the next two years... trading

maybe you dont get it.. I am not trading jones. not trading

Make up your mind are you trading him or not? 

7 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I think Miami trading for Jones is realistic. I think them trading for Jones and Fisher and us coming away with 3 first round picks is beyond unrealistic. And no, I didn't realize you started the thread to come up with more Madden scenarios.

I have us coming away with two later round 1st plus a 2nd rounder when you look at value.

Guess it’s just what we each think is Jones value /shrug

I think he is worth at least a 1st+2nd.....You think just a 1st+3rd

We really aren’t to far apart 

1 hour ago, SEMO said:

If Jones isn't traded today, he will be here in 2020..  They could get a 2 this year and next year, they might take it.  That would be the lowest compensation.  JMO

I was hoping that  IF he were to be traded they'd get a first this year..mid teens early 20's. If they can get a 2nd within say the 40 range a 5th and a next year 2nd or better from a crappy team I'll not be happy but I'll understand.

I want CJ to stay somehow

41 minutes ago, sith13 said:

At this point 2021 1st is a must IMO. Depending on where the 2020 2nd is the whole compensation could be 2nd this year and 1st + 2nd next year.

IMO, if KC drafts a DT within the next 2 rounds, Jones is a goner. If they don't, we'll figure out a long term deal with him...Just my 1 cent.

9 minutes ago, artsy said:

IMO, if KC drafts a DT within the next 2 rounds, Jones is a goner. If they don't, we'll figure out a long term deal with him...Just my 1 cent.

They always seem to prepare for the next year with a draft pick if the position they are replacing. Seen it here with CEH for Williams who will be 30 and last year signed with us. I expect CB and WR too. DT though would be telling but them again they still can tag and trade next year and get more draft capital. Who knows what DT will look like next year in FA and the draft? 

1 minute ago, kkuenn said:

They always seem to prepare for the next year with a draft pick if the position they are replacing. Seen it here with CEH for Williams who will be 30 and last year signed with us. I expect CB and WR too. DT though would be telling but them again they still can tag and trade next year and get more draft capital. Who knows what DT will look like next year in FA and the draft? 

Well I guess we'll find out in the next couple days....

I just can't get LB off of my mind. Plus, the AFC west has come to the conclusion that they can't stop us, so they're stacking up on offense to outscore us. Although we're bringing back most of our defense, our defense still had glaring issues. LB was the most obvious. Now we have Jeudy and Ruggs in conference, and the need for CB just became even more dire. 

16 minutes ago, artsy said:

Well I guess we'll find out in the next couple days....

I just can't get LB off of my mind. Plus, the AFC west has come to the conclusion that they can't stop us, so they're stacking up on offense to outscore us. Although we're bringing back most of our defense, our defense still had glaring issues. LB was the most obvious. Now we have Jeudy and Ruggs in conference, and the need for CB just became even more dire. 

No way even with those picks can they expect to keep up with us. The pick just shows all they did was for not with us getting the rb we wanted.