Props to Clark Hunt

For recognizing John Dorsey as the egotistical, cap bungling windbag that he is, and firing him. Then promoting the hungry young director of pro personnel to replace him as GM.

I truly believe there's a possibility we have the best GM in the NFL. What he's accomplished this off-season while barely occupying 10 million in cap room is nothing short of remarkable. 

We are going into a draft with almost an entire SB roster intact and even a few upgrades. This team is gonna be hell to deal with next year.

36 minutes ago, Balto said:

I agree BUT watch out for those haters on the Ford vs Clark trades.  Should start soon

I still think the Ford trade was lousy...to delay the pick to this year's draft versus last year's while they were picking top 10 versus knowing Jimmy G would come back for this season i still call ignorant.  Win some, lose some...i like we dumped Ford, but I still say giving in on the year of the pick was poor. 

Otherwise Veach has been a legit baller and Hunt has balls. Shame Lamar didn't get to see this transpire.

Just now, Biggjliv4 said:

I still think the Ford trade was lousy...to delay the pick to this year's draft versus last year's while they were picking top 10 versus knowing Jimmy G would come back for this season i still call ignorant.  Win some, lose some...i like we dumped Ford, but I still say giving in on the year of the pick was poor. 

Otherwise Veach has been a legit baller and Hunt has balls. Shame Lamar didn't get to see this transpire.

Nobody but the 9ers wanted Ford.  Hard to hold someone over a barrel when the barrel is all crushed and shitty.

4 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

But now we are Super Bowl champs and still have the pick.  Seems like best case scenario to me. 

52 minutes ago, Balto said:

I agree BUT watch out for those haters on the Ford vs Clark trades.  Should start soon

I dunno if you're talking about me since we just discussed this, but those trades are why I think Veach gets an A- instead of an A+.  I don't disagree whatsoever that he's been great overall and Veach >>> Dorsey.

2 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

And how come we can say Dee Ford, but we can't say Lin Elli*tt?  That seems race based to me. 

Honestly Ford's mistake was worse, because kicking FGs is objectively harder even if you're a pro who should be able to kick those shorter ones in cold weather.  Furthermore, the stakes of Ford's mistake were worse, because I don't know if we were really going to win the Super Bowl in 1995 with Bono under center.

On the flip side, our overall team success over the last two years softens the blow of what Ford did.  Getting to the AFCCG the way we did exceeded preseason expectations, and the loss didn't feel like the same sort of collapse that 1995 was (just on defense).  If Ford doesn't make this mistake are we sure we don't lose another shootout to the Rams with our trash defense?  I think we probably win the SB but it's not guaranteed at all.  And then do we come back the same way in 2019?

19 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

And how come we can say Dee Ford, but we can't say Lin Elli*tt?  That seems race based to me. 

I would say what Ford did was bad. He did not line up 3 times off sides costing us points and the game at the end. True we could have probably the game winning int. Still though up to that point and not stopping them in OT we had other chances. Fuck head blew the whole game for us many times in 1995.

Ford is a pass rusher but never lived up to his draft status or the hype. We can't really expect a team to give up premium picks and pay such a player. I'm guessing it was the only or the best offer on the table so there's not much to do about it. We seem to be giving up picks much easier than receiving them but that's something Veach has to learn over time. New GMs generally prefer short term success which comes at a cost. 

4 hours ago, sith13 said:

Ford is a pass rusher but never lived up to his draft status or the hype. We can't really expect a team to give up premium picks and pay such a player.

Not to mention the guy had known back issues.  That's not good.

39 minutes ago, xen said:

Not to mention the guy had known back issues.  That's not good.

How much time did he miss this year for the Niners? He played in 11 games and started 2 games. He went from 55 tackles and 13 sacks in 2018 to 14 tackles and 6.5 sacks for the Niners. And the most telling tidbit...how many times did you hear his name called in the Super Bowl? Nuff said.

16 hours ago, Biggjliv4 said:

Guessing that is also the same logic in the niners saying they won't do it right?

1 hour ago, dhitter said:

How much time did he miss this year for the Niners? He played in 11 games and started 2 games. He went from 55 tackles and 13 sacks in 2018 to 14 tackles and 6.5 sacks for the Niners. And the most telling tidbit...how many times did you hear his name called in the Super Bowl? Nuff said.

^ BOOM!!!

Ford always was a knucklehead 

18 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

For recognizing John Dorsey as the egotistical, cap bungling windbag that he is, and firing him. Then promoting the hungry young director of pro personnel to replace him as GM.

I truly believe there's a possibility we have the best GM in the NFL. What he's accomplished this off-season while barely occupying 10 million in cap room is nothing short of remarkable. 

We are going into a draft with almost an entire SB roster intact and even a few upgrades. This team is gonna be hell to deal with next year.

Makes me miss DaBlueGuy.  😂 

17 hours ago, Biggjliv4 said:

The pick was traded for Frank Clark. It was Veach at his best as far as I’m concerned. A step ahead of the game accumulating resources to go get the player he wants. Frank Clark had 13 sacks in 15 games last year playing through injury and illness including 5 in the playoffs.

His clutch sacks were literally the anti thesis of the choke job Dee Ford brought. And unfortunately Dees inconsistency and inability to stay healthy really hurt his trade value. 

5 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

I, too, wondered what sort of crow DBG would be eating regarding Dorsey at this point.  But it doesn't make me wish he was around...

Opposing opinions are one thing about any player move. But he became obsessed with criticizing anything Veach did while lauding Dorsey as the savior of the franchise.  I’ll admit when Clark fired him I was upset. But on point with the original post time has really exposed why.  Something tells me DaBlue is still on some Chiefs board somewhere spinning Dorsey into the HOF of GMs

4 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Opposing opinions are one thing about any player move. But he became obsessed with criticizing anything Veach did while lauding Dorsey as the savior of the franchise.  I’ll admit when Clark fired him I was upset. But on point with the original post time has really exposed why.  Something tells me DaBlue is still on some Chiefs board somewhere spinning Dorsey into the HOF of GMs

He also believed Haley would make us regret firing him in a second HC stint somewhere.  Still waiting on that one...

29 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

He also had some infatuation with Haley too which I didn't get.  Oh well...

58 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

The pick was traded for Frank Clark. It was Veach at his best as far as I’m concerned. A step ahead of the game accumulating resources to go get the player he wants. Frank Clark had 13 sacks in 15 games last year playing through injury and illness including 5 in the playoffs.

His clutch sacks were literally the anti thesis of the choke job Dee Ford brought. And unfortunately Dees inconsistency and inability to stay healthy really hurt his trade value. 

Not to mention that Clark and HB changed the entire attitude of the defense.  That's priceless right there.