Ole Pete King

2 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

what I find ironic is that after years of people on this Board bagging on PK because of love affairs with Brady, Elway, et all, he picks the Chiefs to repeat and all of a sudden he's the Oracle.....

Feel free to worry.  You should.  I predict lots of 2nd to 4th place finishes for you.

4 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

what I find ironic is that after years of people on this Board bagging on PK because of love affairs with Brady, Elway, et all, he picks the Chiefs to repeat and all of a sudden he's the Oracle.....

I’m sorry, but I’m not sure who called him the Oracle/ I actually posted this because Florio is an ass clown. And he must hate hearing this shit. That’s it, that’s all.

16 hours ago, sith13 said:

Okafor was pretty good to begin with that's for sure but I think Ogbah kept excelling as the season went on. I hope Okafor and Speaks come back as expected so we won't suffer. As things currently stand we definitely don't need to invest in the position.

Chris Jones is the big Xfactor to this. Anything is possible with him at this point including playing on the tag

5 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Chris Jones is the big Xfactor to this. Anything is possible with him at this point including playing on the tag

Jones is the big piece on DL IMO. If we are not keeping him the trading partner really needs to make it worth our while but we'll probably have to invest in the position rather soon.

On 4/13/2020 at 11:07 AM, Handswarmer said:

Nothing has changed here.  I still don't give the slightest of fucks what shit water coffee or beer he likes to drink.

On 4/12/2020 at 12:44 PM, sith13 said:

I'm not really sure about Ragland, he was good at times but never consistent and looked like much easier to replace than most. Wis was a great addition and fit well, definitely hurts to see him leave on a cheap 2-year deal with us hanging on to LDT for a lot more money. 

Ogbah will be very critical. Kpass did very well as a rotational guy but Ogbah did much more. I'm hoping Speaks comes back to set the edge opposite to Clark and actually do what we drafted him for. If not we'll definitely miss Ogbah. 

Fuller was a very good piece but definitely overpaid in the FA market. I'm not sure if Fenton can replace him right away but we definitely need to invest in the position via the draft. 

We seem to have less picks than the major needs so we'll have to strike gold in the draft while finding some FA gems like Wis going forward. 

He played less than 33% of the snaps. He was a RAG for sure.

On 4/12/2020 at 2:48 PM, Palangi said:

Okafor is coming back to be the end opposite of Clark.  And he is very strong and stout in the run game.  We are fine without ogah.  Kpass wil have another year in thr system and will continue to develop.  And we have a guy in Tim Ward whip the franchise is very high on that eas on IR last year. Basically a red shirt year his rookie year. 

Also Speaks

On 4/13/2020 at 8:06 AM, West said:

I think KC is deep and quite talented.

Okafor and Speaks are quality replacements.

Thornhill is going to turn into a Pro Bowl Safety.

Fenton was quite impressive in the Playoffs and the Super Bowl.  The kid hustles, is not intimidated by the Big Stage and will absolutely light your ass up.

He delivered punishing hits. 

I think we can safely say that Veach is on of the best GM's in the NFL.  His eye for talent is amazing.

w

Fenton had good moments and shows promise. He owes Garropalo a big thank for for overthrowing that TD pass. If not he would be on the DEE FORD list.

8 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Fenton had good moments and shows promise. He owes Garropalo a big thank for for overthrowing that TD pass. If not he would be on the DEE FORD list.

Three things:

• West was equally if not more responsible.
  • People make it seem like that was an easy pass for Jimmy G, it wasn't.  WR only had a step, maybe a step and a half.  It's a makable pass but not a high-percentage one.  If he underthrows it there's a decent chance for an interception.
  • Still a minute left and down by only 3?  I believe we still would have had better than a 50% chance to win the game.

1 minute ago, Adamixoye said:

Three things:

• West was equally if not more responsible.
  • People make it seem like that was an easy pass for Jimmy G, it wasn't.  WR only had a step, maybe a step and a half.  It's a makable pass but not a high-percentage one.  If he underthrows it there's a decent chance for an interception.
  • Still a minute left and down by only 3?  I believe we still would have had better than a 50% chance to win the game.

Chiefs were shredding that defense. Still would have won.

15 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Depends on what size he is when TC starts. 

He looked like a tub last offseason.   Can't imagine this covid situation is helping him keep that under control.   Hope we have some guys on the defense...cough Frank cough Clark....that are keeping up with these young guys and riding them.   We at least need him to contribute and be a rotational guy.   Sad thing is he has some talent and ability.   I just think Sutton completely misused him similar to Kpass.  

14 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

6'3" 283. Exactly how big does a player need to be to stop the run effectively?

Well if he cant stop from being pushed around by a 315 pound guard...... he wont be effective at all at stopping the run. 283 is light for a run stopping type DT. Hell even any type of DT. He has the size of a DE.

12 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Well if he cant stop from being pushed around by a 315 pound guard...... he wont be effective at all at stopping the run. 283 is light for a run stopping type DT. Hell even any type of DT. He has the size of a DE.

I agree. And I think that's where he will play. He will take Ogbahs snaps.

On 4/12/2020 at 5:33 PM, jetlord said:

The Chiefs need one instant starter and two quick potential starters from the draft.  That's asking a lot when they're drafting at the end of each round.  They need a starter at LB and the top four will probably be gone by #35.  They need top replacements in the O-line and at CB.  Signing Breeland got them off the instant starter need, but they need one for next year and possibly this season.  Grabbing a starting quality OG or OC would help in two ways.  One, it would improve the line and two, it would allow the Chiefs to make a 6/1 cut for cap space. 

I think that's easily possible from the 32nd pick, we can take best available at LB, CB or IOL for our first pick and we'll get some depth in the other picks.  If we returned 20 out of 22 starters, who do you see the 3rd starter coming from?  Remember the two guys we lost basically became plug and play starters at guard and Fuller moving to safety after Thornhill went down (and losing his CB snaps before that).

22 minutes ago, soonerborn77 said:

I think that's easily possible from the 32nd pick, we can take best available at LB, CB or IOL for our first pick and we'll get some depth in the other picks.  If we returned 20 out of 22 starters, who do you see the 3rd starter coming from?  Remember the two guys we lost basically became plug and play starters at guard and Fuller moving to safety after Thornhill went down (and losing his CB snaps before that).

I think there's probably jobs to be won at center and 1 guard spot. Not saying that Reiter and LDT wouldn't be penciled in as of now, but an early round pick could probably take one of their jobs in a normal off-season. Plus I believe LDT is still a candidate to be released depending on what happens in the draft.

So WLB, Center, Guard, and nickel/dime corner are all areas where a rookie could get snaps really early on. 

2 hours ago, kkuenn said:

We don't need him to be a run stopping DT. We have Nnadi, Saunders, and Pennel for that

Just now, Palangi said:

We don't need him to be a run stopping DT. We have Nnadi, Saunders, and Pennel for that

20 to 30 pounds to light for that though to be a DT imo. He cant get a rush if he is being pushed around by a 315 pound guard.