Ole Pete King

3 minutes ago, Palangi said:

We don't need him to be a run stopping DT. We have Nnadi, Saunders, and Pennel for that

I think his best fit is inside on obvious pass downs.   Kpass, Speaks, Jones, Clark.   I don’t think he has the burst to be a truly effective edge though.   It was an odd pick then and still is now.

2 hours ago, soonerborn77 said:

If we returned 20 out of 22 starters, who do you see the 3rd starter coming from?  

One on the O-line would replace Wis  A top CB could very well replace Breeland or  play the slot instead of Fenton.  A top LB could play WIL and someone like Murray might be a three down LB.  Without the OTAs and maybe a short TC, it will be very hard for a draftee to break in early in the season. 

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

One on the O-line would replace Wis  A top CB could very well replace Breeland or  play the slot instead of Fenton.  A top LB could play WIL and someone like Murray might be a three down LB.  Without the OTAs and maybe a short TC, it will be very hard for a draftee to break in early in the season. 

Those are the 3 I see as well that could use an improvement.  That's why I'm glad we can sit at 32 and take the BPA at either of these 3 positions and possible even get a starter with our 2nd round pick.

20 minutes ago, soonerborn77 said:

Those are the 3 I see as well that could use an improvement.  That's why I'm glad we can sit at 32 and take the BPA at either of these 3 positions and possible even get a starter with our 2nd round pick.

My dream scenario is that when it's the Chiefs turn on the clock they will find Queen or Murray still on the board.  Since that isn't likely, they trade down for an early second and a third to get a CB, OG/OC, and Helaire.  With the signing of Breeland, the Chiefs can afford to go with a raw talent at CB such as Igbinoghene, but there will be plenty of choices at #38-#42.  Not sure how they fix the cover LB issue though. 

On 4/13/2020 at 2:54 PM, xen said:

Feel free to worry.  You should.  I predict lots of 2nd to 4th place finishes for you.

Nice guy. I am not worried. You sure are touchy in spite of winning the Super Bowl 2 months ago. When Mahomes contract gets done, a lot of pieces won't return around him.

Maybe the young kids on 1st contract will step up but I see alot of players gone in the next 2 years....then things even out.

Either way, I see Chiefs and Ravens battling it out now that Brady is the NFC....no one else has a complete team as either of us.

13 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Nice guy. I am not worried. You sure are touchy in spite of winning the Super Bowl 2 months ago. When Mahomes contract gets done, a lot of pieces won't return around him.

Maybe the young kids on 1st contract will step up but I see alot of players gone in the next 2 years....then things even out.

Either way, I see Chiefs and Ravens battling it out now that Brady is the NFC....no one else has a complete team as either of us.

And then a year later, Lamar wants a contract bigger than Mahomes and the Dirty Birds are in the same boat.  That's how it goes in the NFL. 

36 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

It will affect both of us when we have to shell out those contracts.   Drafting and creative FA moves will be the key.   

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

I'm not touchy at all, i'm just riding the Superbowl wave while throwing some Mahomesian Truth Nuggets right at yo face.

enjoy!

On 4/20/2020 at 4:18 PM, jetlord said:

And then a year later, Lamar wants a contract bigger than Mahomes and the Dirty Birds are in the same boat.  That's how it goes in the NFL. 

Ravens have been creative under the cap...after this year, all the Flacco dead money comes off

On 4/20/2020 at 4:50 PM, Lamardirts said:

It will affect both of us when we have to shell out those contracts.   Drafting and creative FA moves will be the key.   

See above