Tyler Newsome signs with Chiefs

4 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I don't think anyone has this luxury when we are trying to defend a title with an extremely tight budget. Colquitt wasn't very good last year. Veach has traded an in his prime stud edge rusher and CB. He has cut future Chiefs Hall of Famers in Houston and Berry. There's no reason to think an over the hill, overpaid punter gets a free pass.

They're not jetting Colquit.  Sometimes it's best for the Locker Room to keep a guy even if he's not the best player or plays for dirt.

5 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

They're not jetting Colquit.  Sometimes it's best for the Locker Room to keep a guy even if he's not the best player or plays for dirt.

Plus, if he was going, he would have been the first one gone to make cap room.

3 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

Yeah that makes sense. You always hear stories about historic second half comebacks that started with fiery locker room talks by the punter. 

Plus I'm sure in week 14 that competition they had for him 4 months ago in camp will really keep him motivated and at the top of his game. 

Colquitt saves 2 million if let go. I believe they would be up for a switch if there's a good replacement but I also doubt there's any urgency. 2 million is basically wiggle room for the season so they might not make any moves until the end of TC. There's always the option of Colquitt retiring but that's a whole other thing.

11 hours ago, the Warparty said:

Remember, Colquit holds on field goals too. 

Maybe that’s considered part of “continuity ”

He gets an assist when Butker is scoring, which is a lot

. . . . Meh he needs to take a cut regardless 

How much cut can he take?  What's the league minimum for someone with his seniority?  It was $1,030.000 in 2019 but did it go up in the new CBA?