Semo Mock V.2

SEMO

I will throw this out there.  We all know if Veach is in love with a player, he won't hesitate to move up.  With the cap the way it is and Jones looking to play under the tag, plus few holes on the roster, less picks are needed this year.  There should be a boatload of comp picks coming our way next year.

1(21) - Patrick Queen LB LSU

KC trades 32, 96 and 2021 2nd to Philly for 21.  They give a low 3, plus a round 3 value this year (2 next year) to move up.  

2(63) - Clyde Edwards-Helaire RB LSU

Veach goes with another LSU player.  CEH checks all of the boxes for what Reid likes at the running back position.  Veach has stated he wants to add more playmakers for MVPat.  Well, this is the guy.

4(138) - Cordel Iwuagwu OG TCU

Raw, athletic guard who excels on the move and fits the zone scheme perfectly. 

5(177) Reggie Robinson CB Tulsa

Has the height, weight, speed measurables.  Raw, but a high ceiling if the coaches can get it out of him.  

I think Robinson could go as high as the 3rd.  4th sounds about right.

Iwuagwu to me is a late round or priority udfa guy.  I think he's probably a backup only in the NFL.

But that's picking nits.  First 2 rounds are home runs.  I think you could do better with a 4th or 5th round guard though.

As much as I hate to give picks to move up, Queen would be a perfect fit and Clyde would give us a great one two punch with Damien.   We would definitely be way better on both sides of the ball and there are plenty of avg FAs still out they’re we could plug little holes with for around the ver min.

2 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

As much as I hate to give picks to move up, Queen would be a perfect fit and Clyde would give us a great one two punch with Damien.   We would definitely be way better on both sides of the ball and there are plenty of avg FAs still out they’re we could plug little holes with for around the ver min.

If they don't get Jones traded off before the draft, then I really think they could trade up, if a deal can be made.  Veach seems to value quality over quantity when it comes to the draft.

33 minutes ago, SEMO said:

If they don't get Jones traded off before the draft, then I really think they could trade up, if a deal can be made.  Veach seems to value quality over quantity when it comes to the draft.

Have the Chiefs ever had less than five picks?  There's not much to trade with and the team needs more players on rookie contracts.   Guess they'll make a big run on UDFAs.

4 hours ago, jetlord said:

Have the Chiefs ever had less than five picks?  There's not much to trade with and the team needs more players on rookie contracts.   Guess they'll make a big run on UDFAs.

2002. They traded up for Ryan fucking Sims and after the trade only had 3 more picks for a total of 4 in 2002.

Edit: they in fact had 5. I forgot the 7th round pick too.

38 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

2002. They traded up for Ryan fucking Sims and after the trade only had 3 more picks for a total of 4 in 2002.

Edit: they in fact had 5. I forgot the 7th round pick too.

Yeah, Sims was a "can't miss" tackle.  Wasn't Peterson still the GM then?

8 hours ago, SEMO said:

Seems plausible considering we did literally nothing to address WLB the biggest hole on this team.