Semo Mock - Round 1

SEMO

1 - Cincinnati - Joe Burrow QB LSU

He is the consensus number 1 pick.

2 - Washington - Chase Young DE Ohio State

Young goes here.  Regardless of who is picking.

3 - Detroit - Jeff Okudah CB Ohio State

Patricia won't pass on one of the best DB prospects to enter the draft since Ramsey.

4 - TRADE - LA Chargers - Justin Herbert QB Oregon

Rumors are that both LAC and Miami value Herbert over Tua.  LAC trades 6 and 37 to the NYG and select him.

5 - Miami - Tua Tagovailoa QB Alabama

Miami rolls the dice on Tua and his hip.

6 - TRADE - NY Giants - Isaiah Simmons LB Clemson

Could have went OT here, but they won't pass on Simmon's talent.

7 - Carolina - CeeDee Lamb WR Oklahoma

Derrick Brown is a real possibility here.  The Baylor offense being installed will need more dynamic receivers.

8 - Arizona - Derrick Brown DT Auburn

AZ lucks out as the player they covet falls.

9 - Jacksonville - CJ Henderson CB Florida

They have to replace Ramsey.

10 - Cleveland - Tristan Wirfs OT Iowa

Some protection for Baker.  Can play either tackle spot.

11 - NY Jets - Mekhi Becton OT Louisville

They could go receiver here, but tackle is a greater need.

12 - Las Vegas - Henry Ruggs III WR Alabama

They have to get more explosive playmakers if they hope to compete with KC.

13 - SanFrancisco (from Indy) - Javon Kinlaw DT South Carolina

Buckner's replacement.

14 - Tampa Bay - Andrew Thomas OT Georgia

They will do everything possible to keep Brady upright.

15 - Denver - Jerry Jeudy WR Alabama

Lock needs more weapons.

16 - Atlanta - Kenneth Murray LB Oklahoma

Atlanta spends another year trying to upgrade the defense.

17 - Dallas - Kristian Fulton CB LSU

Pass rusher is possible here.  They have to replace Jones.

18 - Miami(from Pitt) - Jedrick Wills OT Alabama

They use their second 1st to upgrade the oline.

19 - TRADE - New England - Jordan Love QB Utah State

Belichick says he is ready to roll with Stidham, but no one is buying that.  He trades 23, 87, and 100 to move up for Love.

20 - Jacksonville(from Rams) - DeAndre Swift RB Georgia

They have nothing behind Fournette and he is a goner after this year anyway.  

21 - TRADE - Kansas City - Patrick Queen LB LSU

Veach goes up to get the player he covets.  KC sends 32, 96, and 2021 2nd to Philly for 21.

22 - Minnesota (from Buffalo) - Trevon Diggs CB Alabama

Diggs is a versatile, playmaking corner that upgrades their secondary.

23 - TRADE - Las Vegas - Xavier McKinney S Alabama

Trade down with New England and take another 'Bama player.  

24 - TRADE - Baltimore - K'Lavon Chaisson DE/OLB LSU

Baltimore trades 28, 92, and 129 to New Orleans to upgrade their pass rush.

25 - Minnesota - Justin Jefferson WR LSU

They go with Jefferson in an attempt to replace Diggs.

26 - Miami (from Houston) - Ross Blacklock DT TCU

A sight reach to add to the DT rotation.

27 - Seattle - AJ Epenesa DE Iowa

Possible trade down here, but Epenesa is the perfect Seattle defender.

28 - TRADE - New Orleans - Austin Jackson OT USC

Jackson is a versatile lineman and should help keep Brees clean for his final year.

29 - TRADE - NY Giants - Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State

Trade back into the first to get a talented OT that is rising up the boards.  They send 36, 99, and a 2021 3rd to Tennessee to protect Jones.

30 - Green Bay - Denzel Mims WR Baylor

They have to get someone for Rogers to throw the ball to.

31 - SanFrancisco - Jaylon Johnson CB Utah

Johnson is going a lot higher than people think.  

32 - TRADE - Philadelphia - Antoine Winfield Jr S Minnesota

They add a needed playmaker to the secondary.  Receiver is a need, also, but they can find one later in a deep draft.

30 minutes ago, SEMO said:

I don't think so.  They give a low 3  this year and what will be a low 2 next year (3rd round value this year),

Meh. I have seen him in the teens to lower 20s end range. We may not even need to move up much if so.

Also depends on they rate him. They may like Dye, Baun or if Chaisson falls a bit too later on. I think we can sit back a bit and get good value still. Again though Veach will go after the guy he likes and rates best. 

I like Queen but we are trading 3 starters for one with limited tape.  He looks like a stud but so did Darron Lee at OSU.   I'd rather stay pat and grab a good player that drops.   

With that said I could totally see Veach doing this.

10 hours ago, xen said:

Veach said in his presser it would be unlikely they'll do a big move up.  Possible but unlikely.  Makes sense with the quality depth in this draft.

Unless Queen is an all-timer, can miss, stay put. And I haven’t seen any takes like that on him. Thoughts? 

1 hour ago, Calichief said:

Unless Queen is an all-timer, can miss, stay put. And I haven’t seen any takes like that on him. Thoughts? 

I would consider a very short hop up if he's there and all the corners we like in rd 1 are gone.  No more than a few spots for me.  I like Queen a lot in our offense I'm just not sure how much Spags really emphasizes the position.  If Fulton and Queen were both there I would take Fulton.  

11 minutes ago, xen said:

I would consider a very short hop up if he's there and all the corners we like in rd 1 are gone.  No more than a few spots for me.  I like Queen a lot in our offense I'm just not sure how much Spags really emphasizes the position.  If Fulton and Queen were both there I would take Fulton.  

If Murray and Queen were both there, which would you take?  Isn't Queen a little light for Spags ideal WLB?  My plan would be to see if either Queen or Murray are still on the board at #32 and if not, trade down with the Panthers to #38 where the Chiefs could still get a CB.  Of course, if Veach has a CB ranked high above the others, he might be unwilling to take the chance on dropping six slots. 

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

If Murray and Queen were both there, which would you take?  Isn't Queen a little light for Spags ideal WLB?  My plan would be to see if either Queen or Murray are still on the board at #32 and if not, trade down with the Panthers to #38 where the Chiefs could still get a CB.  Of course, if Veach has a CB ranked high above the others, he might be unwilling to take the chance on dropping six slots. 

Queen over Murray.  But only cause Murray has no idea what he's doing in coverage.  He has the athletic profile to do it but he'll need a lot of development there.   Queen I wish had more experience but looked damn good in the last half of the season.

5 hours ago, Calichief said:

I would be okay with Veach moving up 2 or 3 spots if Queen is there and that is his guy. But honestly, I think Chiefs are in prime position to move down a few spots, get a guy that they covet in the early 2nd round and grab another draft pick from it.