Rank the CBs

jetlord

Knowing the Chiefs have Breeland for another year and don't need an instant starter at CB, how would you rank the following for a Chiefs pick.  I'm assuming whoever is picked will be expected to start in 2021.  Listed alphabetically:

Arnette

Diggs

Fulton

Gladney

Hall

Henderson

Igbinoghene

Johnson

Okudah

Terrell

Certainly, Okudah and Henderson will be gone and probably a couple of others, but who fits the Chiefs best in your opinion, now and for next year?

13 hours ago, jetlord said:

Knowing the Chiefs have Breeland for another year and don't need an instant starter at CB, how would you rank the following for a Chiefs pick.  I'm assuming whoever is picked will be expected to start in 2021.  Listed alphabetically:

Arnette - 7

Diggs - 3

Fulton

Gladney - 6

Hall - 5

Henderson

Igbinoghene - 4

Johnson - 1

Okudah

Terrell - 2

Certainly, Okudah and Henderson will be gone and probably a couple of others, but who fits the Chiefs best in your opinion, now and for next year?

15 hours ago, jetlord said:

Arnette

Diggs

Fulton

Gladney

Hall

Henderson

Igbinoghene

Johnson

Okudah

Terrell

This ranking only for fit in KC, not who I think is best.

Okudah

Fulton

Henderson

Gladney

Hall

Terrell

Diggs

Johnson

Igbinoghene

Arnette

Extra Credit:

Other day 2 fits for KC:  Reginald Robinson, Dantzler

Other potential Day 3 Chiefs fits:  Ojemudia, Thomas-Oliver, Amik Robertson, John Reid.

Order of preference ( for those that may be available):

Guys who can be number 1 corners:

1. Fulton - Probably won't drop, but not impossible.

2A. Terrell - Dude is a stud, and played well against big competition all year except for the first half of the ship.

2B. Diggs - Him and Terrell are a push for me.

Guys who can be good number 2 corners ( like Ward) :

3. Hall - Probably the beginning  of the next tier. Love his game though.

4A. Johnson - Solid all around game.

4B. Arnette - Limited production but similar to Johnson as far as the player himself is concerned.

5. Robinson - I think his ceiling is massive.

6. Gladney - I'm the minority, but I'm just not a huge fan. I can't put my finger on why.

7. Dantzler - Lacks top end speed to stay with WR on deep routes. Can still be a good corner as long as most of the routes are in front of him.

8. Igboghene - Real upside, really raw.

10 hours ago, xen said:

This ranking only for fit in KC, not who I think is best.

Okudah

Fulton

Henderson

Gladney

Hall

Terrell

Diggs

Johnson

Igbinoghene

Arnette

Extra Credit:

Other day 2 fits for KC:  Reginald Robinson, Dantzler

Other potential Day 3 Chiefs fits:  Ojemudia, Thomas-Oliver, Amik Robertson, John Reid.

The safety from Alabama.. I’m curious if he fell to us, would he work in a hybrid role? Could he play all over and start on day 1/ year one? Like a Dirty Dan?

Just now, Calichief said:

The safety from Alabama.. I’m curious if he fell to us, would he work in a hybrid role? Could he play all over and start on day 1/ year one? Like a Dirty Dan?

I’m curious, ive seen him mocked to us a couple times.

32 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Yeah he would immediately take over that 3rd safety spot Spags likes.  He could probably play dime LB as well.  Spags would have a blast with him and all the coverage options with him and HB both being able to play the slot and in the box.

1 hour ago, xen said:

Yeah he would immediately take over that 3rd safety spot Spags likes.  He could probably play dime LB as well.  Spags would have a blast with him and all the coverage options with him and HB both being able to play the slot and in the box.

Would you do it if he’s there?

4 minutes ago, xen said:

Corner.  That's a luxury and there's some intriguing later round guys or just go with ODD... Ol' Dirty Dan.

Good point. The corners aren’t blowing me away. Final thought Is LB, or IOL 

2 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Good point. The corners aren’t blowing me away. Final thought Is LB, or IOL 

I actually like a lot of the corners for our system.  Spags doesn't necessarily go for the best athlete but he likes them long, smart and able to play multiple coverages.  Quite a few of those.

Just now, xen said:

I actually like a lot of the corners for our system.  Spags doesn't necessarily go for the best athlete but he likes them long, smart and able to play multiple coverages.  Quite a few of those.

I bet we end up trading down and getting another 4th or something like that. I'm fine with that. It will just suck watching all Thursday night and then finding out we don't even pick 🤣🤣

Just now, Iluvhouse24 said:

I bet we end up trading down and getting another 4th or something like that. I'm fine with that. It will just suck watching all Thursday night and then finding out we don't even pick 🤣🤣

Yeah but it's the smart move if there's a taker.  Probably will depend on who's there.  God I hope it's Love.  It won't be but I hope it is.

12 minutes ago, xen said:

Yeah but it's the smart move if there's a taker.  Probably will depend on who's there.  God I hope it's Love.  It won't be but I hope it is.

One of the top wr could be there. It’s just the way the draft works. That could play in our favor also.

1 hour ago, xen said:

If it's Love, the Chiefs should get a second and third.  Maybe the virtual draft will make it harder to get a bidding war going over Love, but it's a nice thought. 

I'm warming to Igbinoghene a little bit.  Seems to be a terrific athlete with little experience in playing CB.  If the Chiefs hadn't signed Breeland, I'd say "No Way", but given a year of good coaching and with his natural abilities, he could become solid.  Downside is the fact he's only 5' 10" or so and the Chiefs like longer CBs.  If Iggy drops to the late second and the Chiefs took him, I wouldn't be upset.

5 hours ago, jetlord said:

I'm warming to Igbinoghene a little bit.  Seems to be a terrific athlete with little experience in playing CB.  If the Chiefs hadn't signed Breeland, I'd say "No Way", but given a year of good coaching and with his natural abilities, he could become solid.  Downside is the fact he's only 5' 10" or so and the Chiefs like longer CBs.  If Iggy drops to the late second and the Chiefs took him, I wouldn't be upset.

This is one of my issues with Gladney...

So if either Diggs or Fulton are available at #32, to you take one or try to trade down?   How about Terrell?  In my opinion, it would make sense to trade down as long as it's not too far and one could have a reasonable expectation that a good choice would still be there at #38 or #40 or where ever one traded down to.

On 4/17/2020 at 3:10 PM, jetlord said:

Arnette

Diggs

Fulton

Gladney

Hall

Henderson

Igbinoghene

Johnson

Okudah

Terrell

I don't think a good majority of these guys fit what Spags likes. If I were ranking them in terms of how I foresee them going in the draft, it probably looks like this:

1. Okudah

2. Henderson

3. Terrell

4. Johnson

5. Fulton

6. Diggs

7. Gladney

8. Igbinoghene

9. Arnette

10. Hall

I think Okudah and Henderson are top 10 picks so just scratch them. The rest are up for discussion I'd think because they are ranked all over the board.

I think in terms of schematic fit, I'd look at Terrell, Johnson, Gladney, Igbinoghene, Arnette, and Hall as possible but Terrell and Johnson are a bit questionable as fits. You obviously have to worry about Johnson and that shoulder. 

I don't think Fulton is a guy he'd want as a tackler and Diggs just doesn't have the mentality IMO. I think that comment about panicking on NFL.com is 100% accurate. 

I know he ran slow but I think you have to put Cameron Dantzler into the conversation, at least at 63. I mean, it's not like he didn't stay in phase with Ja'Marr Chase so running track versus playing football comes into play.

I think there are a bunch of day 3 guys that fit in Jackson, Ojemudia, Hand, Robinson II, Acy, and Keyes. 

Honestly, I know Veach has looked at a ton of DBs but that doesn't mean it's a position where he goes there in round 1.

For me, it comes down to what's there at DE or not. I wouldn't pass on Epenesa or Gross-Matos no matter who is there. 

5 hours ago, kccrow said:

I don't think a good majority of these guys fit what Spags likes. If I were ranking them in terms of how I foresee them going in the draft, it probably looks like this:

1. Okudah

2. Henderson

3. Terrell

4. Johnson

5. Fulton

6. Diggs

7. Gladney

8. Igbinoghene

9. Arnette

10. Hall

I think Okudah and Henderson are top 10 picks so just scratch them. The rest are up for discussion I'd think because they are ranked all over the board.

I think in terms of schematic fit, I'd look at Terrell, Johnson, Gladney, Igbinoghene, Arnette, and Hall as possible but Terrell and Johnson are a bit questionable as fits. You obviously have to worry about Johnson and that shoulder. 

I don't think Fulton is a guy he'd want as a tackler and Diggs just doesn't have the mentality IMO. I think that comment about panicking on NFL.com is 100% accurate. 

I know he ran slow but I think you have to put Cameron Dantzler into the conversation, at least at 63. I mean, it's not like he didn't stay in phase with Ja'Marr Chase so running track versus playing football comes into play.

I think there are a bunch of day 3 guys that fit in Jackson, Ojemudia, Hand, Robinson II, Acy, and Keyes. 

Honestly, I know Veach has looked at a ton of DBs but that doesn't mean it's a position where he goes there in round 1.

For me, it comes down to what's there at DE or not. I wouldn't pass on Epenesa or Gross-Matos no matter who is there. 

Do you think Igbinoghene has enough upside to take a chance on him if he falls to $63?  He's not as long as the Chiefs prefer, but he's athletic and they have a year to groom him. 

47 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Do you think Igbinoghene has enough upside to take a chance on him if he falls to $63?  He's not as long as the Chiefs prefer, but he's athletic and they have a year to groom him. 

I personally would take him no problem.  Really like Arnette if he falls too.

On 4/21/2020 at 10:22 AM, jetlord said:

He's definitely not a guy I think is a round 1 talent. I think he's easily available at 63, but that's my opinion. Yes, I'd take him but I like Arnette, Dantzler, Hall, and Pride more than I like him. Call me crazy.

I look at a couple things...

Where was the guy ranked before the combine? If he wasn't a top 60 talent then, why is he a top 60 talent now? Did is value increase because he ran faster than expected? If that's true, then does his play still support a top-60 ranking and the workout confirmed it?

So what you get there are guys that artificially inflate because they ran fast but the play on the field wasn't there before. There are countless examples but the one guy this year that worries me is Willie Gay. He wasn't that productive and did stupid shit to stay off the field. He ran real fast and there are talks of him in the 2nd. I wouldn't, personally, take a flier until the 4th or 5th depending on value there. Iggy is in this area for me. He's relatively short and he doesn't see the ball all that well. I have problems with corners that don't consistently turn to track the ball. He's learning and has upside and he's physical, but that's what you're hinging your bets on. He's not a guy that ran 4.30, he ran 4.48, so he's not really a burner and wowing your there. And really, that's what started more talk about him as if he is "fast." He has 31" arms which aren't ideal against NFL wideouts. There's nothing you're jumping up and down about physically. I just don't understand the hype.  

There are examples the other direction too where a guy has insane field production but doesn't run well and he drops. Then you have to look back at the film to see if he seemed limited. I think a great example this year will be AJ Epenesa. Here's a guy that had 22.5 sacks and 30.5 tackles for a loss, only 5 fewer than Chase Young in each category, over the past two seasons in the same conference. He looks like a man on the field and he doesn't look very limited athletically sans great bend on the corner. But, he ran a 5.04 and was generally bad throughout his workout, so you know he'll drop. Cameron Dantzler could be a similar product. He's a good, productive corner that didn't seem to have alarming speed issues on tape but ran slow (4.64) at the combine. He looks more like a early 4.5's guy to me.