The 2020 NFL draft thread

We are so lucky to have Veach running the show. Young,  and brilliant at talent evaluation, contracts,  and cap management. As long as Andy is also around, the Chiefs are going to be dominant, and if he is followed by another really good head coach... Wow,  just wow! 

29 minutes ago, AlwaysChiefs said:

We are so lucky to have Veach running the show. Young,  and brilliant at talent evaluation, contracts,  and cap management. As long as Andy is also around, the Chiefs are going to be dominant, and if he is followed by another really good head coach... Wow,  just wow! 

Like manning, mahomes won’t even need a coach at some point. Chiefs will just need a competent coach after Andy. 

Your point is  well taken. Mahomes will soon be audibling even more, and the importance of coaching during the game will lessen. But innovation in designs new plays,  game planning, team climate and morale influence, etc. are all aspects of head coaching that call for more than just "competence" to keep winning Super Bowls. Don't you agree? 

...and having the receivers "on the same page" is absolutely critical for all those audibles.

I think EB is the next HC if he chooses to wait.

Veach is a fantastic, love the presser and his candid thoughts.

w

48 minutes ago, AlwaysChiefs said:

Your point is  well taken. Mahomes will soon be audibling even more, and the importance of coaching during the game will lessen. But innovation in designs new plays,  game planning, team climate and morale influence, etc. are all aspects of head coaching that call for more than just "competence" to keep winning Super Bowls. Don't you agree? 

Yes I do. But I think at some point, they’ll be plays he goes to a lot because they are unstoppable. 
There’s some good videos of defenders saying manning only used to call 4 or 5 plays and they still couldn’t stop them. 

7 minutes ago, West said:

...and having the receivers "on the same page" is absolutely critical for all those audibles.

w

I agree about Eric b. But I think he finally gets his job this year.

2 hours ago, West said:

w

Mitch Holthus and Shawn Barber put out a video a couple of days ago talking about the Chiefs receivers and what Reid expected of them.  Lot of fluff we already knew, but a few interesting points.  They also hit on what Veach would be looking for in a WR draftee. 

3 hours ago, West said:

w

Kafka.  There's a reason Andy denied permission for the Iggles to interview him.

I know we need a CB and LB, but I would not object to drafting OL, OL, RB and shore up our O in first 3 rounds.  Create more time for Pat plus add a versatile RB who can stay healthy all season and good luck stopping us. Survived with this sub par LB crew, we can do it again. But it would be hard to not take a solid CB early 

11 hours ago, Biggjliv4 said:

I know we need a CB and LB, but I would not object to drafting OL, OL, RB and shore up our O in first 3 rounds.  Create more time for Pat plus add a versatile RB who can stay healthy all season and good luck stopping us. Survived with this sub par LB crew, we can do it again. But it would be hard to not take a solid CB early 

There’s so many ways it could go. None of which would be terrible. You could even make an argument for another WR... 

24 minutes ago, Palangi said:

I'd like to hear that argument? I can see a late round WR, possibility.  

Sammy will probably be gone next year.

If Sammy does leave we need a possession WR to replace him. 

Staff might not Hardman as a Sammy replacement and want to keep him at what his doing now.

This years WR class is said to be the deepest ever meaning the guy we can get at #32 would normally go much higher in other years....So value will be great.

Most important.....keep feeding Mahomes with skill players