The 2020 NFL draft thread

22 minutes ago, Balto said:

Sammy will probably be gone next year.

If Sammy does leave we need a possession WR to replace him. 

Staff might not Hardman as a Sammy replacement and want to keep him at what his doing now.

This years WR class is said to be the deepest ever meaning the guy we can get at #32 would normally go much higher in other years....So value will be great.

Most important.....keep feeding Mahomes with skill players 

A guy like DeMarcus Robinson can come back at a reasonable price and play sammie role or even byron pringle. 

I could see next year as being a year for WR. Or like I said possibly a late round guy this year. 

While I would love to have another shutdown corner,  and/or a top notch Will linebacker, I can't lose sight of the most critical aspect of Chiefs' hopes for continued greatness and championships. That is the health of one Patrick Mahomes. Think again for a moment of exactly how you felt as he lay on the field wearing his kneecap on the side of his leg.  Has there ever been a team in history that needed to put OL on a higher priority? I  say take Ruiz at 32 this year and Fisher's replacement with 32 next year. (Oops,  edit.  We couldn't get the premiere LOT next year with 32, we would have to trade up!)

15 minutes ago, AlwaysChiefs said:

While I would love to have another shutdown corner,  and/or a top notch Will linebacker, I can't lose sight of the most critical aspect of Chiefs' hopes for continued greatness and championships. That is the health of one Patrick Mahomes. Think again for a moment of exactly how you felt as he lay on the field wearing his kneecap on the side of his leg.  Has there ever been a team in history that needed to put OL on a higher priority? I  say take Ruiz at 32 this year and Fisher's replacement with 32 next year. 

I know what you mean but, i dont think that injury was because of bad oline play. That was just a freak accident.

1 hour ago, Palangi said:

I'd like to hear that argument? I can see a late round WR, possibility.  

Depends how they are graded.  A mid first round wr talent that falls to 32 or a early/mid  2nd round talent at IOL, LB, DB.  Thankfully for us the DB class is deep so it probably doesn’t matter but adding another elite wr for next year is something we will never regret.   

2 hours ago, ClarksvilleChief said:

I know what you mean but, i dont think that injury was because of bad oline play. That was just a freak accident.

Still Mahomes suffered quite a few big hits due to the crappy OL play. Any one of them could have been the final blow to our season. 

5 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Still Mahomes suffered quite a few big hits due to the crappy OL play. Any one of them could have been the final blow to our season. 

I hope we draft an interior lineman with one of the top three picks. I wouldn’t be disappointed at all if we drafted two.  

4 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

Now that Cam is gone, it shouldn't be hard to find a more able reserve than that turnstile

5 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

I hope we draft an interior lineman with one of the top three picks. I wouldn’t be disappointed at all if we drafted two.  

I think we'll be drafting our starting 2020 OC/OG and a swing tackle in the first 2 days of the draft as the picks currently stand. 

19 hours ago, sith13 said:

I think we'll be drafting our starting 2020 OC/OG and a swing tackle in the first 2 days of the draft as the picks currently stand. 

OG/OC?  Very likely.  Swing tackle?  Nah.  Too many other needs and too few picks.  I can see an OT if Veach can trade down for more picks but doubt he'd go for one early unless a potential starter fell unexpectedly.  

2 minutes ago, jetlord said:

OG/OC?  Very likely.  Swing tackle?  Nah.  Too many other needs and too few picks.  I can see an OT if Veach can trade down for more picks but doubt he'd go for one early unless a potential starter fell unexpectedly.  

There will be potential starts available at 32.  This OT class is too deep.

1 minute ago, xen said:

There will be potential starts available at 32.  This OT class is too deep.

The Chiefs only take one at #32 if he will play IOL until Fisher and Schwartz are gone.  Don't see it happening, but then, how many of Veach's first picks have we predicted correctly?

10 minutes ago, jetlord said:

The Chiefs only take one at #32 if he will play IOL until Fisher and Schwartz are gone.  Don't see it happening, but then, how many of Veach's first picks have we predicted correctly?

This is his first 1st round pick so gonna go with 0%.  

23 minutes ago, jetlord said:

So far Veach has been focusing on next-year potential early in the draft. Speaks with Ford and others in town, Hardman with 2 starters already available, and a few guys seem to be rotational choices but the switch to 4-3 renders them pointless in this approach. I wouldn't be surprised with a solid OT prospect falling to us with our late 3rd that Veach pulls the trigger for to replace Fisher in 2021. We will never be in a position to draft a premium LT (thankfully) so whomever we bring in has to spend some time as swing tackle  before taking over and mid rounds make a lot of sense in that regards. 

I think they are content enough with Reiter to let him continue to ride, while feeling comfortable they can sign him again for cheap if he doesn't shit himself.  We'll see, but I don't think Center is a thing they will prioritize.

They still have a few years before they really need to think long and hard about replacing Fisher or Schwartz.