The 2020 NFL draft thread

6 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

I think they are content enough with Reiter to let him continue to ride, while feeling comfortable they can sign him again for cheap if he doesn't shit himself.  We'll see, but I don't think Center is a thing they will prioritize.

They still have a few years before they really need to think long and hard about replacing Fisher or Schwartz.

Draft a C/G type. Rankins and Wylie will do much better as Gs this year. Use the pick to solidfy 2 positions in one.  Allegretti we have yet to see but the staff does know him.

Trade or cut LDT and roll into next year for draft FA etc with cap space and draft picks as we know we will be getting a few comp picks. Draft this year for LB, CB in anticipation of better quality and development for next year. Other areas to look at is RB, TE, WR and even DT

I do think they will tag Jones again but they may be looking at his value more of a trade bait if they cant sign him. He will be playing lights out this year as another contract year. 

42 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Draft a C/G type. Rankins and Wylie will do much better as Gs this year. Use the pick to solidfy 2 positions in one.  Allegretti we have yet to see but the staff does know him.

Trade or cut LDT and roll into next year for draft FA etc with cap space and draft picks as we know we will be getting a few comp picks. Draft this year for LB, CB in anticipation of better quality and development for next year. Other areas to look at is RB, TE, WR and even DT

I do think they will tag Jones again but they may be looking at his value more of a trade bait if they cant sign him. He will be playing lights out this year as another contract year. 

They're not changing multiple starters out again.  Ldt is here to stay for now.  It's time to move on from that.

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

I think he sits.  He was already going to sit last year but that rule would have negated a year on his contract.   Maybe he won't sit the entire year but I could see him sitting the first month or so and remember you can't trade a player who hasn't signed the Franchise Tag which gives him a little leverage on where he could be traded.  

I hope you are right though and he comes to play.  We need him! 

4 hours ago, jetlord said:

The Chiefs only take one at #32 if he will play IOL until Fisher and Schwartz are gone.  Don't see it happening, but then, how many of Veach's first picks have we predicted correctly?

It’s going to be tough for any draft pick to start for us in year one so a swing tackle who can at least compete for a guard job initially seems very plausible. Definitely more so than trading up for Ruggs. 

19 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

It’s going to be tough for any draft pick to start for us in year one so a swing tackle who can at least compete for a guard job initially seems very plausible. Definitely more so than trading up for Ruggs. 

Trading up for Ruggs ain't happening.  The rumor probably started when some journalist wonder out loud what it would be like for the Chiefs to have the three fastest WRs in the league.  There's a limit as to how many flyers a team can use at one time.  Sure, Ruggs might grab 800 yards, but that would mean the Hill, Sammy, and Hardman would get 750 less and Kelce would have fewer targets.  The Chiefs need to replace Watkins next season, but I think it will be a possession guy more than a speed merchant. 

16 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Trading up for Ruggs ain't happening.  The rumor probably started when some journalist wonder out loud what it would be like for the Chiefs to have the three fastest WRs in the league.  There's a limit as to how many flyers a team can use at one time.  Sure, Ruggs might grab 800 yards, but that would mean the Hill, Sammy, and Hardman would get 750 less and Kelce would have fewer targets.  The Chiefs need to replace Watkins next season, but I think it will be a possession guy more than a speed merchant. 

I'm not so sure.  Andy may see him as a natural Tyreek replacement as well for a few years down the line.  Remember, typically takes WR's 3 years to get really good in this system.

I know i know, never happen.  I'm just saying there could be a little fire under that smoke.  All i'm saying is I guarantee Andy Reid is in love with Ruggs' tape and i've seen crazier shit happen.

2 minutes ago, xen said:

I'm not so sure.  Andy may see him as a natural Tyreek replacement as well for a few years down the line.  Remember, typically takes WR's 3 years to get really good in this system.

I know i know, never happen.  I'm just saying there could be a little fire under that smoke.  All i'm saying is I guarantee Andy Reid is in love with Ruggs' tape and i've seen crazier shit happen.

Yeah, strange things happen, but not so much with Reid and Veach.  Trading valuable draft picks for a three year wait for Hill or Hardman to be replaced?  Can't imagine it. 

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Yeah, strange things happen, but not so much with Reid and Veach.  Trading valuable draft picks for a three year wait for Hill or Hardman to be replaced?  Can't imagine it. 

No chance. And they certainly wouldn’t advertise it if they were interested. 

46 minutes ago, Calichief said:

We were talking about drafting WR. And you said for me to make a case. Now the chiefs are rumored to be doing just that.

It’s one of the deepest WR drafts ever and we’ve got two pending free agents next year. I’d suggest our interest in another WR  would really be peaked later on day two. 

19 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

It’s one of the deepest WR drafts ever and we’ve got two pending free agents next year. I’d suggest our interest in another WR  would really be peaked later on day two. 

Yea. 

14 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Yep, a solid OC or RG would definitely upgrade the guy next to him so it might be the one investment with the biggest return. Getting rid of LDT saves some money which will be very useful to pick up some defenders cut post-draft.