Crazy draft rumor

i wonder if this is smoke to go up after a different guy that might drop a little, like Queen.  Remember, KC put out smoke that they wanted to trade up for a linebacker the year we went after Mahomes to try and catch Nawlins and Houston off guard. 

I would hope not.  I think Queen is being very overrated because the LB class is weak.

There's some good stuff there, but I just don't see first rounder when the tape starts to roll.  I think that DL at LSU really helped mask how much he doesn't want to get dirty and physical to make the play.  He's got some Ramik Wilson in him.

7 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

I would hope not.  I think Queen is being very overrated because the LB class is weak.

There's some good stuff there, but I just don't see first rounder when the tape starts to roll.  I think that DL at LSU really helped mask how much he doesn't want to get dirty and physical to make the play.  He's got some Ramik Wilson in him.

I'd take my chances on Queen or Murray at #32.  Right now the Chiefs are very short on players to play WIL.

32 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

i just don't agree with the Ramik Wilson comparison.  I assume you mean he was allergic to contact.  Queen was actually pretty good at being patient in the run game, and good at sifting through trash.  Sure at his size he's not going to be banging many heads with o-linemen, but at the Will he won't need to do much of that.  Yes he needs work in zone coverage, but he's already pretty good in man coverage on LB's and TE's.  Really improved as he got playing time as well so he was absorbing information during the season and getting better.  Now if you tell me he doesn't have the size Spags prefers there, then i would agree, but his play against the run is actually one of his better qualities.  He just needs to get his consistency down.

2 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

I'd place the chances of either one being at 32 as low.  They need a true Mike, actually. 

ugh, we had to change up our entire defense to account for the fact that we didn't have a Will that Spags trusts.  But yeah, i don't think either one are there at 32 either.

also not in favor of trading up when there are some good day 2 LB's.

4 minutes ago, xen said:

i just don't agree with the Ramik Wilson comparison.  I assume you mean he was allergic to contact.  Queen was actually pretty good at being patient in the run game, and good at sifting through trash.  Sure at his size he's not going to be banging many heads with o-linemen, but at the Will he won't need to do much of that.  Yes he needs work in zone coverage, but he's already pretty good in man coverage on LB's and TE's.  Really improved as he got playing time as well so he was absorbing information during the season and getting better.  Now if you tell me he doesn't have the size Spags prefers there, then i would agree, but his play against the run is actually one of his better qualities.  He just needs to get his consistency down.

ugh, we had to change up our entire defense to account for the fact that we didn't have a Will that Spags trusts.  But yeah, i don't think either one are there at 32 either.

Who do you have in mind?  Logan Wilson should be there at #63 but not sure about the third round. 

4 hours ago, xen said:

You got 2 slot receivers at the top.  Not buying it.

Have you seen Jeudy?  Dude played out and in and he’s the quickest out of all of them.  Has speed, is the most elusive out of that group.  His one down side is occasionally he has a few drops similar to Kelce.   

4 minutes ago, xen said:

I didn't say he was full on Ramik Wilson, but they both were more react backers rather than get in and get dirty and blow the shit up before it ever develops. 

He differs from Ramik in the fact that he's a much better athlete and well he didn't play a ton on that Defense so he can still learn those traits.  But, I think you'd like something more physical if you're going to spend a 1 on a Linebacker. 

1 hour ago, artsy said:

I would. Just as Cali said, Jeudy CAN DO IT ALL. He has speed, hands and excellent route runner. Since I watched Lamb every saturday (being a sooner fan), he does have good hands, but his route running is not even close to Jeudy and his speed is okay. Ruggs, I don't quite know yet, except his size would dictate being a slot WR. 

I would go with Jeudy, Lamb and then Ruggs..

But if I was the Chiefs GM, I would do whatever to get a damn LB. I don't think I can watch Hitchens "flail and flop" around on the field another year.

They are all good wrs but I don’t get this Ruggs over Jeudy conversation.   He’s faster for sure but Jeudy is the guy who brings the whole package.  His stutter/juke step is out of this world.  His routes are amazing and he was the focal point for defenses.   Ruggs is good but there is no way id take home over Jeudy or Lamb.   

LF has this one.  Ruggs is actually already a decent route runner and he can learn to get better.  Jeudy ain't ever going to learn to run in the 4.2's no matter how hard he tries.  It's about what they can be not what they are right now

2 hours ago, xen said:

LF has this one.  Ruggs is actually already a decent route runner and he can learn to get better.  Jeudy ain't ever going to learn to run in the 4.2's no matter how hard he tries.  It's about what they can be not what they are right now

Do you think ruggs comes off the board first? 

36 minutes ago, xen said:

Who knows.  If I had a noodle arm QB I wouldnt bother. 

It’s just crazy how good the wr are in this draft. And they fact that there is no clear cut favorite. Any one of them could come off first. 

9 hours ago, Calichief said:

It’s just crazy how good the wr are in this draft. And they fact that there is no clear cut favorite. Any one of them could come off first. 

It will end up being a 3rd round pick that is the best of them all.

14 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

I don't think you could talk me into taking Ruggs over Jeudy.  Depending on the system, possibly over Lamb though. 

Teams are floating around Jeudy has "lingering knee issues" from surgery two years ago. The misinformation is in full force. I'd take Cee Dee Lamb and be good. But reality is this draft is so deep at WR I'd bet a 3rd round pick could just as easily end up having the best career. 

16 hours ago, Balto said:

Last season rumors had Ross on the trading block.  Could probably get Ross for cheap if Reid wants more speed and hope he can get the most out of him.

Speed is highly overrated if you can't run good routes or have good hands. How often does the fastest WR in the draft end up being the best. No data but I'll bet its very rare. 

28 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Speed is highly overrated if you can't run good routes or have good hands. How often does the fastest WR in the draft end up being the best. No data but I'll bet its very rare. 

of course.  speed is useless if you can't play.  Ruggs can play though.  good routes and hands.

48 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Teams are floating around Jeudy has "lingering knee issues" from surgery two years ago. The misinformation is in full force. I'd take Cee Dee Lamb and be good. But reality is this draft is so deep at WR I'd bet a 3rd round pick could just as easily end up having the best career. 

I don't know.  I'm skeptical when I see reports from an area that direly needs receivers (Philly).

22 minutes ago, xen said:

of course.  speed is useless if you can't play.  Ruggs can play though.  good routes and hands.

In theory you can teach someone how to run good routes and catch better.  But you can't teach them to run faster.  Tools are a big part of the draft and combine.  It's why we see guys like Tanoh develop.