Round 1 prediction thread

Iluvhouse24

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Hate to copy Xen, but I see it the same way.  If they can't trade down, then McKinney, S, 'Bama.  He would do what the cover WIL would have.  Imagine HB, Thornhill, and McKinney all over the second level. 

I kind of like the LSU safety better (not worried about the tackling issues), but mostly because of his size, as he could also play dime linebacker.  I might like Chinn better as well.  Not sure.  Chinn is really super interesting.  Depending on the receiver you could actually line him up as a press corner on a bigger WR and he'd do well.

with these safeties, if we take one high, they better be able to do multiple things.  Not saying McKinney can't, he's great, i just maybe like a few other guys better.

1 minute ago, xen said:

I kind of like the LSU safety better (not worried about the tackling issues), but mostly because of his size, as he could also play dime linebacker.  I might like Chinn better as well.  Not sure.  Chinn is really super interesting.  Depending on the receiver you could actually line him up as a press corner on a bigger WR and he'd do well.

with these safeties, if we take one high, they better be able to do multiple things.  Not saying McKinney can't, he's great, i just maybe like a few other guys better.

Delpit has the reputation of not tackling well.  That wouldn't go well with Spags.  Maybe it could be coached out of him.  He sure has the ball hawking skills. 

Delpit has the reputation of not tackling well.  That wouldn't go well with Spags.  Maybe it could be coached out of him.  He sure has the ball hawking skills. 

He was fine in 2018 and played hurt through 2019.  Not sure if it was injuries or business decisions but HB is his mentor and he'll put a quick stop to that shit.

14 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Chiefs can’t get a deal done, and take OL Ruiz.

#32 is a high price for IOL, but Shields would have been worth is.  Ruiz probably won't be that valuable but he should be an instant and long term starter.  It all depends on whether the Chiefs board has an acceptable substitute for the second day.  It's been reported that they like Robert Hunt a lot and he's on my favorites for IOL with the possibility he could play OTl. 

2 minutes ago, xen said:

He was fine in 2018 and played hurt through 2019.  Not sure if it was injuries or business decisions but HB is his mentor and he'll put a quick stop to that shit.

I didn't think it was a "want to" type of thing, more of a can't do.  Agree that HB and the coaches probably could fix it or at least improve it enough to keep it from ruining his career. 

7 minutes ago, jetlord said:

#32 is a high price for IOL, but Shields would have been worth is.  Ruiz probably won't be that valuable but he should be an instant and long term starter.  It all depends on whether the Chiefs board has an acceptable substitute for the second day.  It's been reported that they like Robert Hunt a lot and he's on my favorites for IOL with the possibility he could play OTl. 

I really want Muti to slip to like the 4th round and get our guy there.

I didn't think it was a "want to" type of thing, more of a can't do.  Agree that HB and the coaches probably could fix it or at least improve it enough to keep it from ruining his career. 

Thing is he was a decent to pretty good tackler in 2018.

1 hour ago, Calichief said:

I really want Muti to slip to like the 4th round and get our guy there.

Don't know how he slips that far.  He'd be at least a second if not for the injuries.  With the shut down, how much can the teams vet him.  One thing in favor of drafting him is that his major injuries are unrelated so there should be no long term issues, but just being hurt that much is a risk. 

14 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Don't know how he slips that far.  He'd be at least a second if not for the injuries.  With the shut down, how much can the teams vet him.  One thing in favor of drafting him is that his major injuries are unrelated so there should be no long term issues, but just being hurt that much is a risk. 

I think he has the ability to be Q Nelson. If he stays healthy, he’s going to be a stud.

18 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Really? CEH that high? He is a little beast. I think we are going Zach Moss round 3. 

Most didn't have Speaks or Hardman where we drafted them.  One thing we know if he likes a guy he won't hesitate to draft them early.   But in all honesty its just a guess and I hope i'm wrong.

It's a pass rusher, either Epenesa or Gross-Matos if one is there, or Veach trades out of 1. Too many guys at DB are really day 2 talents being pushed up artificially IMO. Pick your top 6 CBs and consider that max first round. Someone will drop.  

5 hours ago, kccrow said:

It's a pass rusher, either Epenesa or Gross-Matos if one is there, or Veach trades out of 1. Too many guys at DB are really day 2 talents being pushed up artificially IMO. Pick your top 6 CBs and consider that max first round. Someone will drop.  

Epenesa and Gross-Matos are no brainers to me.