Round 1 prediction thread

Iluvhouse24

I think the Chiefs try like hell to move down, but the new CBA really diminishes the value of that #32 spot along with basically every team from 22-32 wanting to move down.

I think it could still be doable, but the Chiefs would have to be willing to move down to the late 2nd I think.

Jalen Reagor is a name that jumps out to me when I look at possibilities at 32.  This is a pitch and catch league now and you can never have too many weapons.

2 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

I think the Chiefs try like hell to move down, but the new CBA really diminishes the value of that #32 spot along with basically every team from 22-32 wanting to move down.

I think it could still be doable, but the Chiefs would have to be willing to move down to the late 2nd I think.

Jalen Reagor is a name that jumps out to me when I look at possibilities at 32.  This is a pitch and catch league now and you can never have too many weapons.

Yep.  That's why I won't be surprised if KC takes a WR high over other needs.

50 minutes ago, dhitter said:

If the Chiefs can't trade out of spot #32 where do they go? I'm gonna say Ruiz. I saw one draft had us taking Cushenberry. Either guy would give an immediate improvement to our IOL.

I'm not that high on Cushenberry in our offense.  He doesn't have the movement skills Andy prefers.  We could get by but it would limit what we can do.

1 hour ago, dhitter said:

If the Chiefs can't trade out of spot #32 where do they go? I'm gonna say Ruiz. I saw one draft had us taking Cushenberry. Either guy would give an immediate improvement to our IOL.

Except for Ruiz, the Chiefs can wait until day two to go IOL.  Not sure if even Ruiz is worth #32. 

40 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

A Queen will now come to the Castle in Owings Mills, Md....best Value pick in the entire Draft

I wouldnt say that.  That's about where most mocks had him this past week.  Best value I hate to say was Lamb dropping to the boys.

45 minutes ago, xen said:

I wouldnt say that.  That's about where most mocks had him this past week.  Best value I hate to say was Lamb dropping to the boys.

Yea, it was a no brainer for them when he fell. Jerra was smiling so big it may have messed up the plastic on his face.

2 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Your humor mocks me. I enjoy it wholheartedly

lol not a joke.  when's the last time they drafted a pro bowler or all pro?  Hell russell wilson is the last skill position player they drafted that's made the pro bowl.  

30 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Gay could very well turn out to be a better pick than Queen, but given the choice, I'd take Queen because of the lesser risk.  The Ravens had a very good draft.

Both have limited time starting.  Gay more physical but Queen is better vs the run and gay is better vs the pass.  All in all, if gays head is on straight I'll take the value in the 2nd.  I have no idea if his head is on straight or how fast he can pick up the defense.  Certainly I would expect Queen to look better on the field their rookie years.

Ravens did have a good draft but not that hard when you have a gazillion picks in the place where this draft was strongest (day 2).  I would question some of their picks though.

1 hour ago, xen said:

Both have limited time starting.  Gay more physical but Queen is better vs the run and gay is better vs the pass.  All in all, if gays head is on straight I'll take the value in the 2nd.  I have no idea if his head is on straight or how fast he can pick up the defense.  Certainly I would expect Queen to look better on the field their rookie years.

Ravens did have a good draft but not that hard when you have a gazillion picks in the place where this draft was strongest (day 2).  I would question some of their picks though.

Gay should be okay against the run.  He's bigger than Queen and faster.  Maybe with experience, he will be a top 3 down backer. 

3 hours ago, jetlord said:

Gay should be okay against the run.  He's bigger than Queen and faster.  Maybe with experience, he will be a top 3 down backer. 

Gay is a beast of a tackler he just has no clue what he's doing.  Mostly due to lack of experience.  He has a ton of potential there for sure.