Round 1 prediction thread

Iluvhouse24

On 4/27/2020 at 6:12 PM, xen said:

Both have limited time starting.  Gay more physical but Queen is better vs the run and gay is better vs the pass.  All in all, if gays head is on straight I'll take the value in the 2nd.  I have no idea if his head is on straight or how fast he can pick up the defense.  Certainly I would expect Queen to look better on the field their rookie years.

Ravens did have a good draft but not that hard when you have a gazillion picks in the place where this draft was strongest (day 2).  I would question some of their picks though.

Which would you question? Most 'experts' say they got the most value for all their picks

The Ravens had a boatload of picks but I think they made A-level selections at pretty much every single one. I don't see a fail per se at any particular pick and I think they got guys that will contribute early on in their careers at most spots. I think they got at least 5 starters from this draft in Queen, Dobbins, Madubuike, Harrison, and Phillips. 

1-28 - LB Patrick Queen, Louisiana State
Speed, off-ball linebacker with sideline-to-sideline range. Get their CJ Mosley back.
2-55 - RB J.K. Dobbins, Ohio State
Ray Rice type of RB that will begin replacing Mark Ingram sooner than later.
3-71 - DT Justin Madubuike, Texas A&M
Disruptive 3-4 DE type that will replace Wolfe after 2020, hell of a value pick IMO.
3-92 - WR Devin Duvernay, Texas
Adds a slot speed element to their passing game. 
3-98 - LB Malik Harrison, Ohio State
Could start over LJ Fort as the strong side ILB, definitely will be his replacement sooner than later.
3-106 - OG Tyre Phillips, Mississippi State
Big, long, strong interior lineman they like.
4-143 - OG Ben Bredeson, Michigan
Like Phillips, big, long, and tough IOL. I think both these picks mean Bozeman goes back to center to replace Skura in the next year.
5-170 - DT Broderick Washington, Texas Tech
Developmental, rotational NT 
6-201 - WR James Proche, Southern Methodist
Hands possession guy that has a shot to make the team.
7-219 - SS Geno Stone, Iowa
Probably will be a relative steal in the 7th. Doesn't have great speed but processes information quick and they don't have anything much behind Chuck Clark.

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2020 at 5:05 PM, xen said:

lol not a joke.  when's the last time they drafted a pro bowler or all pro?  Hell russell wilson is the last skill position player they drafted that's made the pro bowl.  

Tyler Lockett

• 4 months later...
On 5/2/2020 at 5:23 PM, kccrow said:

The Ravens had a boatload of picks but I think they made A-level selections at pretty much every single one. I don't see a fail per se at any particular pick and I think they got guys that will contribute early on in their careers at most spots. I think they got at least 5 starters from this draft in Queen, Dobbins, Madubuike, Harrison, and Phillips. 

1-28 - LB Patrick Queen, Louisiana State
Speed, off-ball linebacker with sideline-to-sideline range. Get their CJ Mosley back.
2-55 - RB J.K. Dobbins, Ohio State
Ray Rice type of RB that will begin replacing Mark Ingram sooner than later.
3-71 - DT Justin Madubuike, Texas A&M
Disruptive 3-4 DE type that will replace Wolfe after 2020, hell of a value pick IMO.
3-92 - WR Devin Duvernay, Texas
Adds a slot speed element to their passing game. 
3-98 - LB Malik Harrison, Ohio State
Could start over LJ Fort as the strong side ILB, definitely will be his replacement sooner than later.
3-106 - OG Tyre Phillips, Mississippi State
Big, long, strong interior lineman they like.
4-143 - OG Ben Bredeson, Michigan
Like Phillips, big, long, and tough IOL. I think both these picks mean Bozeman goes back to center to replace Skura in the next year.
5-170 - DT Broderick Washington, Texas Tech
Developmental, rotational NT 
6-201 - WR James Proche, Southern Methodist
Hands possession guy that has a shot to make the team.
7-219 - SS Geno Stone, Iowa
Probably will be a relative steal in the 7th. Doesn't have great speed but processes information quick and they don't have anything much behind Chuck Clark.

7 of the 10 played yesterday, significantly, with only 2 be inactive vs the Texans.

Queen is the real deal- fast, tough. Madubuike is raw but learning fast. Duvernay needs a year but man, he just glides. Harrison has seen alot of playing time alongside Queen. Phillips has started as a rookie and not lost a ass pro attempt. Proche has become the primary punt and KO returner- 12 handles and zero fumbles.

Stone will have to step up now with injury to Tavon Young- Kimmie Smith back to CB and now the Ravens are slim at S

Good draft

7 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

7 of the 10 played yesterday, significantly, with only 2 be inactive vs the Texans.

Queen is the real deal- fast, tough. Madubuike is raw but learning fast. Duvernay needs a year but man, he just glides. Harrison has seen alot of playing time alongside Queen. Phillips has started as a rookie and not lost a ass pro attempt. Proche has become the primary punt and KO returner- 12 handles and zero fumbles.

Stone will have to step up now with injury to Tavon Young- Kimmie Smith back to CB and now the Ravens are slim at S

Good draft

just wanted to capture that for posterity before you see and fix it.

• 4 months later...

3 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

And what do you say now? Queen finished 3rd in Defensive ROY voting.

Queen played and Gay didn't.  Maybe Gay isn't mentally ready or sharp enough to go in without OTAs, etc.  Maybe he got in the coaches dog house for some reason.  We'll know in the near future.  

• 2 weeks later...

7 hours ago, kkuenn said:

D’Wayne Eskridge or Marquez Stevenson 3rd round or later. Would like to see these guys for slot WR.  First few rounds go for bpa in lb, DE, ol etc

Eskridge would be great and can play outside as well.  If he tests well though, he'll likely be gone before we pick in the third.  

Stevenson is likely slot only.  Good value probably around round 5.  Y'all probably gonna bitch him out for some drops though and he can't get off press.