Semo Mock V.3 Final

SEMO

Not going to predict any trades, because who the hell knows.

1 - Antoine Winfield, Jr S Minnesota

Honey Badger has a $20MM cap hit in 2021, with $5MM in dead money.  They draft his replacement here.  Winfield has the fluidity, versatility, and tenacity that fits perfectly into Spags' defense.  Always around the ball and a plus in run support.

2 - Robert Hunt G Louisiana

Bruising, powerful, and mobile lineman who punishes defenders.  Solid in pass pro.  

3 - Reggie Robinson II CB Tulsa

Height, weight, speed freak.  Aggressive press man corner, and is adequate in zone.  No rush to start this year with the signing of Breeland.  Gives him a year to work on some technical flaws.

4 - James Proche WR SMU

Excels as a route runner and has great hands.  Fits the vertical scheme that KC employs.

5 - Larrell Murchison DT NC State

High motor, penetrating tackle.  Needs lots of technique work and improved lower body strength.

Curious. The S pick in round 1. Would he be the starter then u til Thornhill is 100%?  Would he be groomed to take over for HB as you state or would HB restructure? I bet he restructures. If so, do we do a 4-2-5 nickel defense and use him as a hybrid, lb, cb and S role? Like HB is now, which would make the need for a coverage LB a lot less if a need for now. I like this idea 

Nothing against Winfield, but he's not mocked in many first rounds.  McKinney and Delpit may go ahead of him and even Chinn is ranked as high on some boards.  A safety can can play in the box and replace Sorenson would be useful, but I don't see Winfield at #32.  Like Hunt and Proche. 

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

Curious. The S pick in round 1. Would he be the starter then u til Thornhill is 100%?  Would he be groomed to take over for HB as you state or would HB restructure? I bet he restructures. If so, do we do a 4-2-5 nickel defense and use him as a hybrid, lb, cb and S role? Like HB is now, which would make the need for a coverage LB a lot less if a need for now. I like this idea 

They run the nickel most of the time anyway.  HB could restructure, but that doesn't negate Winfield's role.  Even at 5'9", he can play the Sorenson role, as he is definitely gone after this year.  

Don't like the first round pick, partly due to value, part injury history, and partly cause there's several safeties I like better on day 2.  

Hunt - no arguement here. Would bring some nasty to the line.  Just athletic enough to handle our outside zone game.

Robinson - love this kid but he needs a lot of work in zone.  No matter, we have time.  Great value at end of 3rd.

Proche - Underwhelming athlete but great routes and hands.  I question the value here as I don't see him getting off press on the outside due to his limitations, which means he's a slot only guy for us.  We have much better options for the slot.

Murchison - like the player.  May be able to trade back and pick up another late pick here and get him in the 6th.

9 hours ago, SEMO said:

Not going to predict any trades, because who the hell knows.

1 - Antoine Winfield, Jr S Minnesota

Honey Badger has a $20MM cap hit in 2021, with $5MM in dead money.  They draft his replacement here.  Winfield has the fluidity, versatility, and tenacity that fits perfectly into Spags' defense.  Always around the ball and a plus in run support.

2 - Robert Hunt G Louisiana

Bruising, powerful, and mobile lineman who punishes defenders.  Solid in pass pro.  

3 - Reggie Robinson II CB Tulsa

Height, weight, speed freak.  Aggressive press man corner, and is adequate in zone.  No rush to start this year with the signing of Breeland.  Gives him a year to work on some technical flaws.

4 - James Proche WR SMU

Excels as a route runner and has great hands.  Fits the vertical scheme that KC employs.

5 - Larrell Murchison DT NC State

High motor, penetrating tackle.  Needs lots of technique work and improved lower body strength.

I’ve seen the Bama safety mocked a couple of times. I like him if we go safety.