Tardif Restructured

1 hour ago, AFCWEST said:

It was reported on the NFL Network as a possibility. 

Adam Schefter speculates 2021 salary cap implications of altered NFL season

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2020/4/22/21230404/nfl-2020-season-covid-19-adam-schefter-2021-salary-cap

Guess he has to have something to write about.  My point is that the league won't impose a $125 million cap since it would completely wreck the contracts of nearly every team.  The owners can afford to take a temporary hit in revenues or even aid each other for one season.  

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Guess he has to have something to write about.  My point is that the league won't impose a $125 million cap since it would completely wreck the contracts of nearly every team.  The owners can afford to take a temporary hit in revenues or even aid each other for one season.  

Sure but nobody knows for sure. That uncertainty may pause any huge contracts , like Mahomes and Jones, being negotiated until it is clear..

1 minute ago, AFCWEST said:

Sure but nobody knows for sure. That uncertainty may pause any huge contracts , like Mahomes and Jones, being negotiated until it is clear..

Then the Chiefs are lucky to have so many one year contracts.  Cheaper next season.  Don't think that will happen. 

1 hour ago, liquidfriend said:

Gate sales accounts for like 10% of revenue.  The cap might stay flat in 2021, but I don't imagine a drop.

Definitely the most likely scenario. The revenues probably won't go up and the actual cap might have to go down but the owners will likely take the hit for a year to keep the team contracts in place. 

37 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Definitely the most likely scenario. The revenues probably won't go up and the actual cap might have to go down but the owners will likely take the hit for a year to keep the team contracts in place. 

A lot of good players would have to be cut to get under that kind of cap hit. I agree that something would have to be put in place for a circumstance like that.

😐

6 hours ago, Balto said:

It really seems like your just trying to start something because you of all people know dang well that Veach would not trade for Williams and Scherff without putting in long term deals...seriously come on man!  

Taking off the gloves here is fine with me. "Come on man?" If I were trying to start something I'd tell you you're fucking delusional, and this post strongly supports it.

Williams is worth $15+ per and Scherff is worth $11+ per. Fit that into your fantasy however you like. After that, Washington would then have to want to give up the best guard in football, a LT they can get value for no matter what, and you think they'll trade the #2 pick. Let's call trading Fisher for Williams even for all purposes here because it is relatively. Even if Williams is worth more than Fisher, he's not worth astronomically more than Fisher and he surely isn't worth a 1st round pick more, which is exactly what you're saying. If you're Washington, you're telling me you'd trade the #2 pick and Scherff for Jones and #32? If Jones is roughly the value of Buckner, and hell let's call him worth the 10th overall pick, and the 32 is worth what it is, that's a point value of 1,890 points. The #2 pick alone is worth 2600 points. A guard is probably not netting you greater than a 3rd round pick no matter how great he might be but even if we call it a 2nd you're talking a 400 point value in the middle of the round if we're slicing things equal, which means you stand a low first short on value at best. There is no fucking way on this Earth that they'd remotely consider or any GM with half a brain would consider it.

If I'm Washington, and having solid pass rushers right now, I'd move the #2 pick but not in the way you're doing. If Miami called and offered me all 3 firsts.,I'd take it. Based on what I'm seeing on how the draft will go, I'd take DT Derrick Brown at 5, LT Austin Jackson at 18, and DE Yetur Gross-Matos at 26 or something along those lines.

Trade Trent Williams for a 2nd round pick, he should net that. If the Chargers take a QB at 6, that's an easy call for their #37 IMO. Or throw Williams into the Miami deal and ask for one of their seconds with it so you can take a CB. 

Guess I better hurry before the 2nd pick huh hahaha

Yes Williams and Scherff are worth what you posted...you do know that doesn’t mean Veach has to give them $15 and $11 a year and can make next years cap hit less...I know you know this so why not say it’s an option and Veach could easily fit both into our cap?

Also yes I think Jones holds more value than Young to the Skins and would make sense going that route...Yes I think Jones value is top 10.

btw....wow somany bad words my friend muahaha ha

12 hours ago, Balto said:

Guess I better hurry before the 2nd pick huh hahaha

Yes Williams and Scherff are worth what you posted...you do know that doesn’t mean Veach has to give them $15 and $11 a year and can make next years cap hit less...I know you know this so why not say it’s an option and Veach could easily fit both into our cap?

Also yes I think Jones holds more value than Young to the Skins and would make sense going that route...Yes I think Jones value is top 10.

btw....wow somany bad words my friend muahaha ha

Balto you are sooo far out of your league when dealing with Crow..maybe just change your title to Pecker Gnat

7 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Balto you are sooo far out of your league when dealing with Crow..maybe just change your title to Pecker Gnat

Not sure what he said that changes anything besides opinion?  Zero difference in facts

Tunsil just got 22 per... might want to rework that figure on Williams.

Not that I don't think that's absurd for Tunsil because it is, but Williams is just a better player and the market doesn't' tend to go down.

Doesn't make me flinch about Fisher's salary a bit at this point.

17 hours ago, kccrow said:

Tunsil just got 22 per... might want to rework that figure on Williams.

Not that I don't think that's absurd for Tunsil because it is, but Williams is just a better player and the market doesn't' tend to go down.

Doesn't make me flinch about Fisher's salary a bit at this point.

Haha haha guess you was wrong about Williams value huh?  Nailed it 

On 4/25/2020 at 11:16 AM, Balto said:

Haha haha guess you was wrong about Williams value huh?  Nailed it 

How was I wrong and where? Redskins got a 3rd and 5th.

You thought they'd give up the 2nd overall fucking pick with Williams for Jones and the 32nd which skews that trade even harder. You're laughing at yourself their bub.