Disappointing

Been really disappointing with the coverage of the chiefs this offseason.  I know we have always been a red headed stepchild in the NFL that doesn't get much attention.  But with the best player in the league and winning the sport bowl you would think there would be a little more coverage.  

But even in mock drafts on ESPN or the NFL network they hardly even say anything about the chiefs pick.  

2 hours ago, Palangi said:

Been really disappointing with the coverage of the chiefs this offseason.  I know we have always been a red headed stepchild in the NFL that doesn't get much attention.  But with the best player in the league and winning the sport bowl you would think there would be a little more coverage.  

But even in mock drafts on ESPN or the NFL network they hardly even say anything about the chiefs pick.  

I don't necessarily agree.  There has been some nuggets and takes from the media but with the pandemic going on, Tom Brady swapping teams and no offseason there hasn't been much to report or talk about.  We have made little to no moves in FA that would interest anyone outside of the KC fan base.   I actually like the fact that the media hasn't blown smoke up our butt all offseason.   We crossed the first difficult hurdle by winning the big one, but an even bigger hurdle is doing it consistently and not allowing distractions to derail things.   I knew we had the talent but can the talent do it while being the favorite year in and year out now?  That's a lot of pressure.  

As far as I'm concerned, let them disrespect us for as long as possible and give this team something to fight for.   Because there is coming a day when there will be constant praise and I hope our guys can ignore that and stay focused on the incredible opportunity at hand.

5 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

I don't necessarily agree.  There has been some nuggets and takes from the media but with the pandemic going on, Tom Brady swapping teams and no offseason there hasn't been much to report or talk about.  We have made little to no moves in FA that would interest anyone outside of the KC fan base.   I actually like the fact that the media hasn't blown smoke up our butt all offseason.   We crossed the first difficult hurdle by winning the big one, but an even bigger hurdle is doing it consistently and not allowing distractions to derail things.   I knew we had the talent but can the talent do it while being the favorite year in and year out now?  That's a lot of pressure.  

As far as I'm concerned, let them disrespect us for as long as possible and give this team something to fight for.   Because there is coming a day when there will be constant praise and I hope our guys can ignore that and stay focused on the incredible opportunity at hand.

Agree after this offseason I couldn't care less about Tom Brady (Tompa Bay). Actually sad how much it's killing him to be talked about. I think I'm not alone in this thinking. Well Tom your top 5 qb days are over, and no more excuses you have all the weapons you can ask for now. To me I see a lot of frustration from him this year, the same structure, attention to detail won't be there especially with no offseason work to get it down. I'm looking forward to see his frustration with all the pressure of not living up to the hype.

They way I have heard things is something like: How are teams gonna get good enough to compete with the Chiefs. The discussion the Chiefs get is basically how are other teams gonna match us. That's the way I see it. It's no longer about what  the Chiefs have to do to win. It's what everyone else has to do to compete.

The Ravens are considered the top competition for the Chiefs in the AFL this season and they're not exactly headline news every day either.  Face it.  When the biggest move a team makes in FA is a third string RB from OAK or a reserve TE, it's not national news.  When one is drafting at #32, the big names aren't associated with that team.  Just be happy with the SB win.  Who cares how much print is given to the Chiefs in national news? 

31 minutes ago, jetlord said:

The Ravens are considered the top competition for the Chiefs in the AFL this season and they're not exactly headline news every day either.  Face it.  When the biggest move a team makes in FA is a third string RB from OAK or a reserve TE, it's not national news.  When one is drafting at #32, the big names aren't associated with that team.  Just be happy with the SB win.  Who cares how much print is given to the Chiefs in national news? 

I haven't heard that in a while. 

39 minutes ago, wilkie said:

This time last year we were rated 6th best team in NFL.   

This time last year, we were an overtime loss from having been to the Super Bowl, were 3 time division champions, and we were as high as #1 in some preseason power rankings.  We were in no way under anyone's radar.

3 hours ago, reesebobby said:

This time last year, we were an overtime loss from having been to the Super Bowl, were 3 time division champions, and we were as high as #1 in some preseason power rankings.  We were in no way under anyone's radar.

Much rather sacrifice the pablum publicity and stay under the radar until it counts.  No use in being a target unnecessarily.  And I saw no 2019 predictions anywhere that picked us to win the AFC.   The big concern last year was could we put together a decent defense.

3 hours ago, wilkie said:

Much rather sacrifice the pablum publicity and stay under the radar until it counts.  No use in being a target unnecessarily.  And I saw no 2019 predictions anywhere that picked us to win the AFC.   The big concern last year was could we put together a decent defense.

Think how many times in the past 50 years we were under the radar. Probably 48 or so.  It got us nowhere. And how many times in that time period were the patriots under the radar?   The best team wins.  The best coaches. The best quarterbacks. The radar has nothing to do with it. 

On 4/23/2020 at 9:58 AM, jetlord said:

Make just one mistake,  Just one little mistake.............Are you related to my ex?

did you make little mistakes when you were landing those 727's? :lol: 

16 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Any landing you can walk away from is a success.  767s and 757s were easier to land so it's good I toiled on them in my old age. 

I'm confident you were an excellent pilot. 

probably because bad pilots don't last very long... :lol: 

On 4/23/2020 at 2:23 PM, reesebobby said:

But still behind the Chargers on many of the media's divisional picks for 2019....   LOL

I'm not surprised.  I'm actually happy with the amount of love that we have been getting, but these are the facts:

• What have we done since winning the Superbowl that is even newsworthy?  
  • Dallas, GreenBay, and Tom Brady will always dominate headlines, and there have been headlines by all three teams
  • Its not like the 49ers are getting any love either, and they are still probably the team to beat in the NFC
  • We will forever be a mid-market team.  Its not like the Royals got much love after winning the world series either.  It was still all about the Sox, Yanks, Stros, Dodgers, and Angels
  • At least we aren't hearing about Tyreek Hill all day every day like we were a year ago at this time.  Would you prefer that?
  • We have this little pandemic thing going on that doesn't exactly provide any news anyway

All i know is that every day on the ride to work i still hear the national media mention "Hall of Famer Patrick Mahomes" pretty much every single morning, and that's really all i need, lol