2020 NFL Draft Thread

Draft day EVERYBODY!!!  GO CHIEFS

Anyone got a tradition they do on draft day?  Use to be Casey's Pizza and Beer for me until I moved to AZ and no Casey's Pizza :( Now its just Pizza/Beer with a Chiefs Jersey.

It's just too slow for me.  Half the teams in the first round know exactly what they're going to do when their turn comes yet they waste the whole ten minutes just so they'll be talked about.  I'll have a TV on in the background and do something else tonight.  Tomorrow night will be more interesting with shorter intervals between picks and more surprises. 

No tradition except to pace when the Chiefs are on the clock...lol. Last year was so much fun having gotten to attend the draft in Nashville. The NFL Experience was awesome! Then waited in the rain to find out Chiefs had no 1st round pick...and I say there is a good chance that will happen tonight!

2 minutes ago, jetlord said:

It's just too slow for me.  Half the teams in the first round know exactly what they're going to do when their turn comes yet they waste the whole ten minutes just so they'll be talked about.  I'll have a TV on in the background and do something else tonight.  Tomorrow night will be more interesting with shorter intervals between picks and more surprises. 

I never quite understood the point of using the whole 15 minutes if you already know who you want...but i guess you don't make money if the entire night only lasted for and hour and a half or two hours...i am not sure if i will be awake by the time the chiefs pick or trade out at 32

1 minute ago, KC Warpaint said:

I never quite understood the point of using the whole 15 minutes if you already know who you want...but i guess you don't make money if the entire night only lasted for and hour and a half or two hours...i am not sure if i will be awake by the time the chiefs pick or trade out at 32

I would say if your the GM...you never know what team could call looking for a trade so why not wait out the time?

1 minute ago, KC Warpaint said:

Like jet said....the longer you're on the clock the more on air pub you are getting. Let's face it....how much national press do teams like the Bengals and Skins get outside of events like this?

2 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Like jet said....the longer you're on the clock the more on air pub you are getting. Let's face it....how much national press do teams like the Bengals and Skins get outside of events like this?

Unless you are the Chiefs. They always go to fucking commercial when they pick

Maybe since we are the champs they wont do it this year.

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

Unless you are the Chiefs. They always go to fucking commercial when they pick

Maybe since we are the champs they wont do it this year.

When they run out of commercials, they start talking about the Giants and Cowboys last picks and next picks.  We'll also get a ton of "what will the Pats do?" blather.  No time to discuss the Chiefs.