2020 NFL Draft Thread

2 minutes ago, Palangi said:

I wonder if we use damien Williams as trade bait now? Try to recoup or 6th or 7th rounder? 

CEH

Thompson

Daryl Williams

Weber

Some thought damien should have been the super bowl MVP

The Chiefs won't sign Damien after this season would be my guess. 

3 minutes ago, Palangi said:

I wonder if we use damien Williams as trade bait now? Try to recoup or 6th or 7th rounder? 

CEH

Thompson

Daryl Williams

Weber

if I'm reading the contract right, the Chiefs can save 2 mill by simply cutting him, and only having 500k dead against the cap.  

Im ok with the pick but it wasn't even a need. I liked the guy they signed from Oak/Washington, Darrel Williams looked good before getting hurt and Thompson was a camp favorite. Williams was the real Super Bowl Mvp and does a good job catching the ball. 

Some good safeties and a couple good CBs were there for the taking.

20 minutes ago, Palangi said:

CEH

Thompson

Daryl Williams

Weber

I'm hoping Weber makes the squad. Him and Dobbins were a good 1-2 punch for the Buckeyes. 

29 minutes ago, Palangi said:

CEH

Thompson

Daryl Williams

Weber

I know Jets coach loves him some D. Williams

Not including the Chiefs in this.

Drafts I liked:
Bengals - I think Burrow is going to take them to levels that Andy Dalton never could.

Cardinals - They got good value with Simmons and he'll be a play maker

Broncos - They got a steal.  Barf.

Cowboys - Same.  They needed a complimentary guy when Mr. 20 million dollar man disappears

Vikings - Jefferson and Gladney is a good first round

Ravens - Not flinching and getting Queen is a solid move.

Drafts I did not like:

Chargers - I don't like Herbert and they blew any chance at getting a blindside blocker for whoever is playing QB to spite the Chiefs.  Seems really foolish.  Now they have no great options to protect that blindside.

Raiders - Al Davis special.  I thought they would reach for Terrell, but Arnette is even worse.  Ruggs as the first receiver when Derek Carr is your QB?  That's gonna be a big ol' yikes.

Dolphins - Tua is a fine selection, but the other two were bad. 

49ers - They watched the Chiefs absolutely shred that secondary, so they went out and drafted a Wide Receiver and a Defensive Tackle.  Makes sense.

Lions - They had a pro bowl Corner and went out of their way to get rid of them so they could draft his replacement.  So they suffered a shitty ass season to do a salary dump.  That is why the Lions are a perennial loser.

Jets - I think taking the scraps at Left Tackle over any pick of Wide Receiver in the draft was a mistake.

Falcons, Eagles - rrrrreeeeeaaaaaaaaaccccccchhhhhhhhhhhh

Packers - Ah yeah, this is a big ol' no from me.  Rodgers made a ton of sense back in 2005 because they got the tremendous value where they took him and Farve looked cooked.  I think they needed weapons for Aaron, this is a year too early IMO and well they reached for Love.  I don't know about this one.

37 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Drafts I liked:
Bengals - I think Burrow is going to take them to levels that Andy Dalton never could.

Cowboys - Same.  They needed a complimentary guy when Mr. 20 million dollar man disappears

Drafts I did not like:

Chargers - I don't like Herbert and they blew any chance at getting a blindside blocker for whoever is playing QB to spite the Chiefs.  Seems really foolish.  Now they have no great options to protect that blindside.

Raiders - Al Davis special.  I thought they would reach for Terrell, but Arnette is even worse.  Ruggs as the first receiver when Derek Carr is your QB?  That's gonna be a big ol' yikes.

49ers - They watched the Chiefs absolutely shred that secondary, so they went out and drafted a Wide Receiver and a Defensive Tackle.  Makes sense.

Lions - They had a pro bowl Corner and went out of their way to get rid of them so they could draft his replacement.  So they suffered a shitty ass season to do a salary dump.  That is why the Lions are a perennial loser.

Jets - I think taking the scraps at Left Tackle over any pick of Wide Receiver in the draft was a mistake.

Packers - Ah yeah, this is a big ol' no from me.  Rodgers made a ton of sense back in 2005 because they got the tremendous value where they took him and Farve looked cooked.  I think they needed weapons for Aaron, this is a year too early IMO and well they reached for Love.  I don't know about this one.

Agree with all of this. Dolphins even worse, because I don’t think Tua is an nfl starter. Jeudy to the Broncos absolutely scary for the future. Sutton Jeudy combo will be lethal. 

Dolphins bombed this draft.

8 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

I wonder if the saints would trade either Warford or McCoy to open up the C or RG position for Ruiz? Maybe they take our 5th?

Ruiz is a great OC prospect so I'm guessing they have plans on moving McCoy to LG but wouldn't mind trading for him if they simply think he's a failed prospect. I would prefer grabbing Biadasz in 2nd if he lasts but wouldn't mind exploring trade possibilities if we don't end up replacing Reiter at the end of tomorrow. 

I thought there were 4-5 other players that I would have literally shouted for but this pick does make a lot of sense.  We have become complacent with Damien Williams.  He had an amazing playoff run but he benefits so much from our offense.  We literally forget what this offense looks like with a legit threat at RB.   We just drafted an elusive bowling ball that is an incredible route runner and pass catcher.  We have him for 5 years at a very reasonable contract.   We have a rb that has to be accounted for and we have good depth at that position now.    Our offense will be better and there are still plenty of studs on D that can help our team in the bottom of the 2nd.

2 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

Drafts I liked:

Drafts I did not like:

The Packers reached big time for Jordan Love when Rodgers has two above avg years left.  They sold out their HOF qb for a qb prospect that can be had in most drafts (athletic raw qb) and to make matters worse it is draft that is loaded with stud wr's and lineman.   

well andy likes him.. and andy knows what to do with him... I like his quick twitch, and explosiveness.. 

man, cheetah, hardman, kelce, and this guy just leaking out of the backfield, is a somewhat scary propossition for defenxe coordinators.