2020 NFL Draft Thread

Only played 6 games? 

Chiefs selected Mississippi State LB Willie Gay with the No. 63 overall pick in the 2020 NFL Draft.

Gay (6’1/243) was a four-star recruit and one-year starting linebacker at Mississippi State who was suspended eight games for academic cheating and fighting his QB. If his character checks out, he has the on-field ability to be a starter in the NFL based on his athleticism alone. At the NFL Combine, he tested in the 94th percentile, showcasing 4.46 speed and a 39.5-inch vertical. On his limited tape -- he only started six games in college -- he plays like a total wild card. He takes bad routes and has some vision issues, but he hits hard and can chase players to the sideline. Gay profiles as a high-upside dart throw who needs to settle down to reach his potential.

Apr 24, 2020, 9:32 PM ET
  •  

Just now, Biggjliv4 said:

May have talent...i question taking him here. Fans have already dealt with the Peter's drama, Hunt drama, and Hill drama. Why play with fire especially with a 2nd? But I'm no GM

As I posted earlier, HB and Clark will keep him in line.  He's the best LB in the draft if it wasn't for the exam cheating and punching his QB.  Reports are that he's matured a bit but who knows.  Upside is tremendous. 

2 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

May have talent...i question taking him here. Fans have already dealt with the Peter's drama, Hunt drama, and Hill drama. Why play with fire especially with a 2nd? But I'm no GM

Well all three of those you mentioned all turned into superstars 

3 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

Houston and Kelsey had character concerns also. And we would not have won a super bowl without Kelce and hill