2020 NFL Draft Thread

Also to be positive for the board i like what the chiefs did in rounds 1 and 2 based on fixing what cost us games last year.

only time our offense stalled is when we didn’t have a legit play making threat at rb available and only time our defense was exposed was the rb coming out of the backfield gashing us in the passing game(see the gb game)

clyde plus d williams plus raiders back fixes our rb issues and willie gay fixes our coverage lb issues on the rb out of the backfield. Won’t have to watch Hitchens try to cover backs with 4.4 speed anymore. That’s not hitchens fault he should’ve never been asked to do that.

I read a article somewhere that mentioned a nfl executive stated in order to build a good defence ( 4-3/3-4) u need to have a stud at each level. D line LB and DB. You then fill in around that. 
With the gay addition if he turns out we have this with jones badger and gay. Time will tell but I’m not going to doubt veach and his ability to see talent. 

10 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Also to be positive for the board i like what the chiefs did in rounds 1 and 2 based on fixing what cost us games last year.

only time our offense stalled is when we didn’t have a legit play making threat at rb available and only time our defense was exposed was the rb coming out of the backfield gashing us in the passing game(see the gb game)

clyde plus d williams plus raiders back fixes our rb issues and willie gay fixes our coverage lb issues on the rb out of the backfield. Won’t have to watch Hitchens try to cover backs with 4.4 speed anymore. That’s not hitchens fault he should’ve never been asked to do that.

So maybe Hitchens can now play in the role he fits better? 

3 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

So maybe Hitchens can now play in the role he fits better? 

Hopefully, that would be mlb in base package. Problem is they are in sub package a majority of the time. Tough pill to swallow paying his salary if we limit his playing time so I wouldn’t rule out a post june cut for hitchens and allocate his money to add a veteran cb like logan ryan or simply use the money to help pay chris jones

6 minutes ago, xen said:

I seem to remember we won a superbowl while dumpster diving for corners.

This.  We didn't do so great in 2018, but we did fantastic in 2019 cobbling together a decent CB unit from castoffs like Ward, Breeland, Fenton, Claiborne, etc.  The guy we had the most invested in was Fuller, and in the end he wasn't even playing corner and he was expendable.  I don't know how sustainable it is but I'd rather take these high-upside guys that could really improve us in other areas of need (Gay) or keep our offensive engine going (CEH, Niang) than take a meh CB just because we think it's a need.

4 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Isnt Niang a bit tall to be playing guard?

I wondered the same thing in a post before.  We did try signing Peat who is the same size. Gallery was taller and excelled as G. Banner is taller and is a guard. So it can be done, just have to see how he adjust to it.

15 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Throwing it out there....Any steals still out there you think would be a good fit for the Chiefs?

Bryce Hall?  If he could get over the injury thing, he'd be starter quality.  Apparently teams know something about his physical that the "experts" didn't.

Muti?  Same as Hall.  If healthy, he'd be the second or third IOL but no one seems to want to take the chance.

50 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

interesting takes. I went straight to bed after the Naing pick. To be truthful I am more surprised  people are not a bit concerned about Gay. I mean any guy who will punch out his Qb  at the get go  is a concern ..IMO. He does that to MVPat and he'll get killed ..literally.

so far I'm not mad at the draft and have areal feeling the chiefs thought someone would pony up on CJ and that kinda threw a wrench in the perfect draft plan

OT, remember these guys are kids. I think we , including me, are quick to judge. Half of this stuff happens when these guys are teens. Food for thought. 

With the need for a swing tackle I doubt they move Niang out of position. Keep him at OT and let's see if he can evolve into a starter. We don't have enough picks but there are still some decent interior linemen available.

Definitely should have cut LDT and kept Wiz for whatever he got from Steelers. I'm guessing we'll be on the market for some June 1 cuts.

Just now, Calichief said:

OT, remember these guys are kids. I think we , including me, are quick to judge. Half of this stuff happens when these guys are teens. Food for thought. 

yea I gotcha but there are those to wayy over react much like in the TH prt 2 episode so I just expected more of that stuff..not that I am overly concerned but it is a  flag but  as usual I am sure the Chiefs did their homework.

36 minutes ago, sith13 said:

With the need for a swing tackle I doubt they move Niang out of position. Keep him at OT and let's see if he can evolve into a starter. We don't have enough picks but there are still some decent interior linemen available.

Definitely should have cut LDT and kept Wiz for whatever he got from Steelers. I'm guessing we'll be on the market for some June 1 cuts.

Wiz was picked up off waivers and was a starter late season by default. Wylie was hurt and he grabbed the opportunity. I don't think he was that special and he may have wanted to go back to Pitts. In reality Fuller and Wiz were not really starters. Fuller played as a package and was there because Thornhill was out. I think Rankin and Wylie and Remmers are options. The guy that wins is probably better than Wiz. Plus Remmers is a swing tackle option. 

2 hours ago, kkuenn said:

They have picked some in the draft and they just did not work out. Will keep it to rounds 1-4 selections.

Peters R1 and Nelson R3 in 2015.

2016 they went Russell R3 and Murray R4.

2017 R4 was the highest CB pick in Tremon Smith.

2018 we trades Alex Smith and part of the comp back was Fuller. No CB picked other than 6th round.

2019 no pick R1-4. Only CB was Fenton in R6.

So while we have uaed our high 1st or 2nd round picks in trades during this time for Mahomes and Clark we still did try for CBs either drafted or part of a trade. 

1 minute ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

49ers trade for Trent Williams giving up a 3rd and a 5th. Hopefully this will shut Balto up with his asinine trade scenarios in which Eric Fisher is worth a 1st rounder.

It’s just that...a scenario.  I think I was spot on with the baggage of Williams not having a ton of trade value and it COULD of be a great value trade for us.

8 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Wiz was picked up off waivers and was a starter late season by default. Wylie was hurt and he grabbed the opportunity. I don't think he was that special and he may have wanted to go back to Pitts. In reality Fuller and Wiz were not really starters. Fuller played as a package and was there because Thornhill was out. I think Rankin and Wylie and Remmers are options. The guy that wins is probably better than Wiz. Plus Remmers is a swing tackle option. 

Wiz has a history of decent play and showed it in the playoffs. Definitely would have been helpful to have a better OG than what we have on the roster for that cheap. Wylie showed promise on the right side but definitely not working out at LG, don't know how the rest will turn out. 

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

I wondered the same thing in a post before.  We did try signing Peat who is the same size. Gallery was taller and excelled as G. Banner is taller and is a guard. So it can be done, just have to see how he adjust to it.

And only 1"taller than Quenton Nelson