2020 NFL Draft Thread

Just now, sith13 said:

Wiz has a history of decent play and showed it in the playoffs. Definitely would have been helpful to have a better OG than what we have on the roster for that cheap. Wylie showed promise on the right side but definitely not working out at LG, don't know how the rest will turn out. 

Maybe...yet he was waived and not picked up until Kc claimed him. Wylie did not get much time and Reid seems to like him. Rankin also looked decent before injury. Both are younger. 

56 minutes ago, sith13 said:

With the need for a swing tackle I doubt they move Niang out of position. Keep him at OT and let's see if he can evolve into a starter. We don't have enough picks but there are still some decent interior linemen available.

Definitely should have cut LDT and kept Wiz for whatever he got from Steelers. I'm guessing we'll be on the market for some June 1 cuts.

There still could be hope of Greg Senat or Jackson Barton developing as a swing tackle.  Allowing Niang to move to guard

2 hours ago, Calichief said:

Secondary was stellar when it mattered. Hardly glaring.

I stand corrected. Perhaps "glaring" is a bit overstating it.

My point:

• The D line is exceptional.
  • LBs are OK but could use an upgrade.
  • Safeties are rock solid
  • CBs are merely adequate. 

I would like to see CBs in the same class as the safeties. Yes, that's asking a lot. But, the Chiefs as they are have few deficiencies.

I have to look hard to find something to gripe about.

40 minutes ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

I stand corrected. Perhaps "glaring" is a bit overstating it.

My point:

• The D line is exceptional.
  • LBs are OK but could use an upgrade.
  • Safeties are rock solid
  • CBs are merely adequate. 

I would like to see CBs in the same class as the safeties. Yes, that's asking a lot. But, the Chiefs as they are have few deficiencies.

I have to look hard to find something to gripe about.

Yea. I try to see the db’s as a group. As a group I think they are very strong. But I think Ward is going to be a lockdown franchise guy. Just my opinion.

2 minutes ago, Balto said:

Same, just don’t feel real good about him playing guard.  Was hoping for a OG/OT hybrid but seems Niang is OT and nothing else. Still pumped

Veach said last night he might be kicking in to guard them move back out.  

What makes you think he is a tackle only,  while our GM thinks otherwise? 

2 minutes ago, Balto said:

Same, just don’t feel real good about him playing guard.  Was hoping for a OG/OT hybrid but seems Niang is OT and nothing else. Still pumped

Netane muti on the board still. :)

I know, I won’t shut up about him. Someone is getting a steal.