2020 NFL Draft Thread

53 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Maybe not.  He's really small for a Spags DE.  Could be a situational SAM.  All we really know is that his mother's name is Rosanne Rosanna.  😉

47 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Seriously? Hard to understand this pick unless he can play linebacker.

I don't know the prospect, I just saw the position they listed on ESPN.  I looked him up and obviously he's a bit small.  Maybe they think he can bulk up or they can move him to LB, he's "edge" either way.

Nobody gives a fuck about the 6th and 7th rounds, so without delay.....

AFC North

Bengals  C

Burrow will be a good player, but I question a lot of this draft.  Don't think they needed a WR at all and doubling up on LB's when they needed OL was questionable.  I like the Hakeem Adeniji selection, but not taking a Right Tackle anywhere was a real bad decision.

Browns A-

The Browns hit a lot of needs and matched it with value.

Ravens A-

The Ravens got some great picks and the Peters trade was great too.  I do have to knock them down a peg for not getting someone across from Judon to really apply some pressure.  I felt they needed to accomplish that coming out of the draft.

Steelers C+

The Steelers did well by flipping the 1 for Fitzpatrick, who has been better than anyone they would have selected.  It gets questionable after that point.

Not sure if I really liked the rest of this draft though.

AFC South

Texans D+

Gotta knock them for flipping what they did to take on that awful Cooks contract when he's one good hit away from being a V8.  Tunsil was an overpay, too.

Picks were okay, but overall I don't think the Texans are any better as a roster today vs January and that's a problem.

Titans C+

Not sure if I like the fit with Fulton and they could have avoided it altogether by just re-signing Logan Ryan who was a dagger for them.  Solid picks but nothing amazing, but I gotta ding them for not taking a QB somewhere in the 3-5 range.  Ryan Tannehill could very well turn into a pumpkin this year and well they're fucked if he does.  I would have taken an emergency option because that roster is too good to slog through a 5-11 campaign.

Colts B+

Pittman is a nice grab, but earlier than I think he should have gone.  Taylor is a nice grab though and I think Eason could pay off if he gives a shit.  IF

Jaguars B-

When's the last time a first round pick has worked out for the Jags?  I don't like the fit with Henderson.

I do like the rest of that draft though.  Knocked them down a little for the Henderson move and some more for completely fumbling the Fournette situation.  They totally tanked a chance of landing a 3-5 for him and now really have no choice but to release him if they want him gone.  Not landing a trade for Yannick stings too.

AFC East

Bills B

They overpaid for Diggs, but the draft is solid. 

Dolphins C+

Tua will be a solid QB if they can build him a proper line.  Austin Jackson is real boom or bust, but he fills a need.  The corner pick I just didn't understand.

Really up and down draft after the first round, but I think they made enough good picks to be a contender this year.

Jets C+

Didn't like the Jets first two picks.  Wirfs should have been over Becton and Mims is a project when Darnold needs a guy right now.  Won't ding them hard because that draft is really freakin' good afterwards.

Patriots D

That is a draft you make when you're on top of the world and the roster is great and you're loading up for the future.  The Patriots aren't on top of the world and needed to be drafting for today.  This feels like one of 'those drafts' where people will blow Bill for being a genius and he ends up having to search can in FA to compensate for it.

The Sanu trade sucked ass, too.

AFC West

Raiders  D+

The message I got from this draft is the Raiders have no idea what the hell they're doing so they channeled the spirit of Al Davis.

3 receivers when your Head Coach doesn't like his QB is baffling.  Arnette was a pretty big reach.  Mike Mayock can't stop fellating Clemson.  I don't see a real vision for this team.  Just a coach soaking up easy money and a General Manager that should have stayed on TV.

Broncos B-

I like Jeudy, but Hamler was a reach and they paired him with Albert O and well it's obvious they are copying the Chiefs.  The corner pick was a massive reach and while they may score into the double digits against KC, they will give up a lot more points.  The Orange Crush Defense is mostly dead.

Chargers D

The Chargers had a massive hole at LT going into the draft and did fuck all about it and prioritized a project QB.  Moving up to spite the Chiefs into taking Murray isn't like Telesco at all.

I think the questionable blocking, when mixed with a fragile Tyrod Taylor, is going to force Herbert into action early and the results are going to be ugly.

Chiefs B

The Chiefs stuck to their board finally and I think it mostly paid off.  They filled the needs and got decent value. 

No real steals though and I question not taking advantage of the deepest WR class ever.

NFC North

Packers Ron Wolfe felt a sharp pain because what the fuck was that garbage?

I don't understand this draft at all.  It doesn't make any sense to me what so ever.

Bears F

While I respect the decision to get big bodies for Mitch to see, he won't see them.  I thought the Bears were mostly fine at corner, so doubling up there when they won't be defending leads is very puzzling. 

Pace and Nagy are fucked.

Lions D-

Sucking all year long to basically do a salary swap is why the Lions will continue to suck ass.  Shoulda just paid Slay and got a beast inside with Brown.  Swift will break in half because being a RB in Detroit is certain forced retirement.

Okwara was a solid get and the Kentucky Guard could become a steal, but fuck that draft is trash.

Vikings A-

They worked the board well and it was pretty well known that the Chiefs were wanting Gladney.  Moving around and getting him right before the Chiefs pick was filthy.

Cleveland, Dantzler, Lynch and Dye were the cherry on top.  The only thing I really question is the Jefferson pick, who excelled in the slot at LSU.  Thielen already filled that role and why did they got another guy for the same role?  I don't know how that's going to work out for them.

NFC South

Falcons D

Reached with Terrell and I like Hennessy but did Alex Mack die over the weekend?  I thought they were pretty alright at Guard too.  I like the player but I think that was a move where you just drafted for your replacement.  Davidson was a nice get in the 2nd round.

Panthers A

I really like what the Panthers did.  It's not exciting to draft a player like Brown in the Top 10, but he's going to be a blue chipper for a decade.  Gross-Matos, Chinn, Pride and Robinson was a heck of a follow up.

The Panthers have blown on Defense for awhile and I think this draft really puts it back on par once they get acquired to playing in the NFL.  They weren't going to be super competitive today with Brady and Brees playing their finale, so not going to knock them for going Defense heavy.  A real strong draft for tomorrow, I think.

Saints C-

C for Cesar!  Ruiz seems like a we just drafted for tomorrow sort of thing and well they should be drafting for today.  I also didn't think he was a first round talent.

Baun will be a nice upgrade from Anzalone.  Don't like giving up the rest of the draft for a slow Tight End for a team that plays on carpet.

Buccaneers B-

Moving up to take Wirfs wasn't necessary, but a good choice.  I like Winfield in the second.

I don't like how Vaughn fits in the Offense and I thought getting a key player for Tom Brady at RB was critical.  Like the rest though.

NFC East

R*dskins C-

Young was the right selection, but I don't think he's the once in a generation player that others see.  I liked Nick Bosa more.

Gibson at 66 was pretty wtf'ish and they basically traded away Trent Williams for a sack of dicks.  Charles is real boom/bust and will be the main protector for the franchise.  Yikes.

Giants B+

A very unusual draft for Dave Gettleman.  They actually made good picks.  I think if they wouldn't of done that dumbass trade for Williams last season it would have been

Eagles F

This was by all means a terrible draft for the Eagles.  They should have bypassed Hurts altogether and packaged that 2nd rounder with the 1st to move in front of the Cowboys for Lamb.  I think they got owned hard by Jerry Jones. Jerry fucking Jones in his cocaine lair owned the Eagles.

Hurts was overdrafted by a solid 4 rounds IMO and not getting something behind Kelce is dubious.  I bet they wish they could redo that draft

Cowboys A++

The Cowboys did everything right.  They got a WR for when Cooper disappears on the road, they landed a good corner in Diggs and Robinson and got a total steal in Biadasz.  Anae was a steal too.  While the Ravens are still the best drafting team, the Cowboys had the best draft.  Easily.

NFC West

Cardinals A

A couple steals and Simmons is going to be a stud.  The Cardinals had a great draft.

Rams C-

Trading for Ramsey was a mistake.  Getting nothing for Peters was doubling down on that mistake.

Not picking up an Offensive Lineman at all was an even bigger mistake.

I can't knock them too hard because they did make some solid selections.  Akers is the best RB to get for having no OL at all and I like the Lewis and Burgess selections.  Hopkins makes sense too.  You really have to wonder why they didn't get any blocking for Goff at all though. 

49ers D+

Trading your all Pro DT to salary swap for a Defensive Tackle is a wash, even though I like Kinlaw. 

Early for Aiyuk and moving up for this was bad.  Not taking a single player for the secondary after watching the Chiefs shred them in the SB is flat out retarded.

Getting Trent Williams for a sack of dicks did help.  Having to give him a big money extension when they are tight against the cap though, is a crusher.

It seems like the 49ers took a step back and not a step forward.  They needed to take that step forward.

Seahawks C

A typical Seahawks draft.  Will be some values and some giant whiffs. 

E: Adjusted a grade.

Yeah the last pick just looks like a JAG beat case scenario.   Looks disciplined which is about the best I can say which isn’t what 5th round picks are for.   The Stanley Oliver DB was still on the board along with quite a few raw high ceiling guys.  Oh well 

Chiefs selected Tulane CB Thakarius Keyes with the No. 237 overall pick in the 2020 NFL Draft.

Keyes played in 40 games during his four seasons at Tualne, racking up 95 tackles, 20 pass deflections and two interceptions along the way. He possesses solid size (6-foot-0 and 202-pounds) for a corner as well as intriguing jumping ability (36-inch vertical; 10-foot-6 broad). This combination of length and athleticism made him an intriguing late-round prospect, but he'll likely need to prove his worth on special teams to guarantee any sort of a role in 2020. The former no-star recruit has flashed willingness to throw his body around in the run game, so hopefully that attitude will carry over to the kicking game.