2020 NFL Draft Thread

2 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Nice. Get a guy now at CB and give up the same round pick which looks to be even late 6th round if all goes well

Well this was a 7th this year for a 6th next year.  The fact that our 6th next year will hopefully be late doesn't really change the equation for me.  But, if he really did have a 4th or 5th round grade I can live with it.

9 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

Well this was a 7th this year for a 6th next year.  The fact that our 6th next year will hopefully be late doesn't really change the equation for me.  But, if he really did have a 4th or 5th round grade I can live with it.

Yeah i left out a couple of words and edited it. A 6th next year will be late we hope and usually a round lower when you trade future picks. I like that they saw a guy they wanted and pretty much gave up same value in the future to get him.

1 hour ago, Adamixoye said:

If he had a fourth or fifth round grade, why didn't the Chiefs draft him in the fifth? 

24 minutes ago, jetlord said:

If he had a fourth or fifth round grade, why didn't the Chiefs draft him in the fifth? 

17 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Or udfa him

Someone else said a 4th or 5th round grade.  Who knows what the Chiefs had on him.  So they had Sneed and Danna higher for reasons we can't comprehend here.  Doesn't mean they thought this guy would last.

I don't love giving up a whole round of value but that's the normal price for future years.  And when you're talking about 6ths and 7ths it's a crapshoot anyway.  My point was if they had a 6th round grade or better then I don't love giving up the future 6th but I can live with it.

22 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

Someone else said a 4th or 5th round grade.  Who knows what the Chiefs had on him.  So they had Sneed and Danna higher for reasons we can't comprehend here.  Doesn't mean they thought this guy would last.

I don't love giving up a whole round of value but that's the normal price for future years.  And when you're talking about 6ths and 7ths it's a crapshoot anyway.  My point was if they had a 6th round grade or better then I don't love giving up the future 6th but I can live with it.

It not using the pick for him that's the issue.  It's taking a guy on nobody's board in the fifth while the fourth or fifth rated pick was there.  My problem is using a fifth on Danna.  Hope I'm wring. 

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

It not using the pick for him that's the issue.  It's taking a guy on nobody's board in the fifth while the fourth or fifth rated pick was there.  My problem is using a fifth on Danna.  Hope I'm wring. 

No one has any way of knowing if he was on anyone else's board.  I'm not saying we got good value but it's foolish to assume we know all the boards out there.

6 hours ago, Nickac68516 said:

Looks like he gets handled pretty easily 

5 hours ago, azchief21 said:

This may be the least impressive draft video I've seen.

LOL!

Agreed.  He looks like a lot of Chiefs past defenders when the defenses were bad.

13 hours ago, Palangi said:

Bradley Anae would have been a better option. 

You're right.  It must be that Spags sees Danna as a situational SAM.  Spags seems to prefer bigger DEs and Danna ain't that.   Does anyone know if he's especially fast?

6 minutes ago, jetlord said:

You're right.  It must be that Spags sees Danna as a situational SAM.  Spags seems to prefer bigger DEs and Danna ain't that.   Does anyone know if he's especially fast?

A guy like Nick Coe would have fit the profile better. At 6'5" 280. But something was up there as he went undrafted and then picked up by new England afterwards

So maybe we are looking at him as a Ragland type LB? Or a special teams type pick

If the #Chiefs can keep from signing a unrestricted FA by Monday at 3pm C.T., they will have the following picks in the 2021 NFL Draft: 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 4th (comp - Kendall Fuller) 5th 5th (comp - Emmanuel Ogbah) 7th

On 4/26/2020 at 3:55 PM, Mloe68 said:

If the #Chiefs can keep from signing a unrestricted FA by Monday at 3pm C.T., they will have the following picks in the 2021 NFL Draft: 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 4th (comp - Kendall Fuller) 5th 5th (comp - Emmanuel Ogbah) 7th

Too bad we'll be last in every round again.