Clyde Edwards-Helaire

12 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

Illusive for sure. More like average speed for the position.

I think he has better game speed that Tshirt and shorts speed. 

He does have elite quickness though. His 1.60 10 yard split isn't far behind Ruggs 1.54. Swift had a 1.59. And Juedy had a 1.56

That is elite burst

He doesn't have top end speed and will get caught on long runs.  That's evident on tape.  But other than that you won't find a better fit for this offense.  The explosion is elite and his testing reflected that.  Elite traits for him are quickness, explosion, hips and COD, routes and hands, vision and patience to let blockers do their job.  That's a lot to work with.

Yeah not a fan of the positional value and it looks like we wanted to trade back a bit and take him in the second but the Packers screwed that up for us with their dumb trade up.   All in all, you can't argue they didn't get the right RB.  This guy can take our offense to another level.  

CEH appears to be a complete back. Great burst, elusive, hard to take down on contact, great pass catcher. Many of us bemoaned the loss of Kareem Hunt and what our offense would be like if we still had him. This dude might be better. Chiefs offense is gonna be sick.

Seeing Players I was praying would drop get taken I had a nagging feeling as the pick took  as much as time as it did that the Chiefs were stuck where they were at 32, really didn't want to be there and had no plan.  I'm not sure what Defensive player was available that would of been a fit but I would of liked to go D better. I hope the Kid will become a Darryl Sproles type player but  the Chiefs sure went away from  their M.O of no first rnd RB's. I guess those who had predicted an RB aren't so dumb after all.

I will gag tho if I heard that He was their Target player and they got who they wanted all along.. I know I will but  I aint believing.

Count me as a Meh and sorry I stayed up for the whole thing

Now next question .. does this whole scenario  make anyone lean to the possibility that CJ is staying??

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2020/04/24/kansas-city-chiefs-patrick-mahomes-rb-clyde-edwards-helaire-first-round-pick/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=NFLdraftmaverickMikeTony

The Kansas City Chiefs selected LSU RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire with pick No. 32 in the first round, but it wasn’t without a little insight from their most important player.

The Chiefs called up Edwards-Helaire with Clark Hunt, Andy Reid, Brett Veach, Eric Bieniemy, and Deland McCullough to congratulate him on joining Kansas City. In the call, they let him, and the rest of Chiefs Kingdom in on a little piece of information. Both Reid and Veach revealed that Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes had hand-picked Edwards-Helaire as the player that he wanted for the Chiefs. And so, they made it happen.

“Hey, listen we’re fired up for you, man,” Andy Reid began. “We asked Pat Mahomes, ‘Who do you want?’ And he picked you. How great is that?”

“I’m ready to work coach you know that,” Edwards-Helaire responded.

“… Coach and I were thinking your way,” Veach said. “Then when we texted Pat [Mahomes] and I said, ‘Give me a name and don’t think about it.’ And he said, ‘Clyde [Edwards-Helaire] and I said, ‘We’re good.'”

It seems that not only Veach, Reid and the rest of the coaching staff were in agreement on Edwards-Helaire, but the star quarterback also recognized that he was a special talent worthy of a first-round selection too.

Be sure to watch the video for more from Reid, Bieniemy, McCullough and Chiefs president Mark Donovan. As well as more from the newest RB for the Kansas City Chiefs.

Looks like a very good player and fit. That said...in todays NFL you can take guys off the street and get results. See Anderson in 2018. Personally no RB is worth a first round selection. Would have preferred a safety or CB in that spot. WE now have 7 rbs on the roster.