Clyde Edwards-Helaire

3 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Yes, CEH is the best fitting RB.  How is his pass blocking?  Not much said about that. 

Read plenty on it and he needs to work on his pass blocking skills as it is one of his weaknesses.  Not horribly bad but Reid will do just that and work him into a good one.

I love this pick. This guy will allow us to pound the rock as we did with hunt. This guy should be a every down back. Its all about what defenses and sub packages they had been using to defend to us this past year. If we can get defenses to use certain packages without changing our lineup...and give mahomes the ability to use a boiling ball RB when he sees a light box.

We should all be confident in Veach and Reid's decision...we have a superbowl now. Lets see how the rest of the draft goes, offseason and go from there.

3 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

I love this pick. This guy will allow us to pound the rock as we did with hunt. This guy should be a every down back. Its all about what defenses and sub packages they had been using to defend to us this past year. If we can get defenses to use certain packages without changing our lineup...and give mahomes the ability to use a boiling ball RB when he sees a light box.

We should all be confident in Veach and Reid's decision...we have a superbowl now. Lets see how the rest of the draft goes, offseason and go from there.

Agree. Of course it will take better oline play.

I really enjoyed the video in the thread where the Chiefs Brass interviewed Clyde.

First, the kid is a complete gentleman.

2nd, the Chiefs knew that he was their man for quite some time.

Veach did ask Pat Mahomes "who do you want, just give me a name, your gut feel?"

Pat, "Clyde.."

I think I trust Veach, Reid and pat.

Great Pick.

w

31 minutes ago, West said:

I really enjoyed the video in the thread where the Chiefs Brass interviewed Clyde.

Veach did ask Pat Mahomes "who do you want, just give me a name, your gut feel?"

Pat, "Clyde.."

Great Pick.

w

Hunt came off as a gentleman...until he started kicking women lol

2 hours ago, West said:

Pat, "Clyde.."

Great Pick.

w

The thing I noticed from the Call video was every answer was, “Yes sir” or “I can’t wait to get in there” and “You’ll get my best coach”. Good answers. Respectful answers. He’s already in on the mission. I like this kid. 

16 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Steve Mariucci said he was a steal in the draft. I actually respect his opinion more than most talking heads.

Not sure if you can have a non-QB steal in 1st. A steal should be low investment, high return guy. 

32 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Not sure if you can have a non-QB steal in 1st. A steal should be low investment, high return guy. 

Yep.

There are no 1st round steals in my opinion. You take a guy in the 1st with the expectation that he's going to be a starter for your team. So, with that, he's either a bust or a starter. There's rarely an in-between. 

If they are trying to spin it as he was a steal because he should have been taken earlier, well that's highly subjective and placing an opinion on draft position. Clearly, 31 other GMs thought there were better values at their slots. It's the same as labeling someone a reach. We all do it, but it's a very subjective comment.

People were calling the Raiders pick of CB Damon Arnette a "reach." We'll see. He was widely considered a fringe 1st round guy when this started and kind of went down real close to the draft. The reality was that at least one team still had him with a 1st round grade. He's a suffocating CB that plays a good, physical brand of football and has some athleticism to him too. I think it was a good pick, personally. If he's a starter for them then they got it right.

For me, a steal is a guy who you take later on in the "special teams" rounds and he ends up a starter for you. I don't expect starters after the 3rd round, generally speaking. Even then, it's position related in the 3rd more often than not. In any event, Tyreek Hill is a steal. LDT is a steal. Those are guys where you got starters in areas of the draft where you primarily expect to get special teamers and developmental backups. 

19 minutes ago, kccrow said:

Yep.

There are no 1st round steals in my opinion. You take a guy in the 1st with the expectation that he's going to be a starter for your team. So, with that, he's either a bust or a starter. There's rarely an in-between. 

If they are trying to spin it as he was a steal because he should have been taken earlier, well that's highly subjective and placing an opinion on draft position. Clearly, 31 other GMs thought there were better values at their slots. It's the same as labeling someone a reach. We all do it, but it's a very subjective comment.

People were calling the Raiders pick of CB Damon Arnette a "reach." We'll see. He was widely considered a fringe 1st round guy when this started and kind of went down real close to the draft. The reality was that at least one team still had him with a 1st round grade. He's a suffocating CB that plays a good, physical brand of football and has some athleticism to him too. I think it was a good pick, personally. If he's a starter for them then they got it right.

For me, a steal is a guy who you take later on in the "special teams" rounds and he ends up a starter for you. I don't expect starters after the 3rd round, generally speaking. Even then, it's position related in the 3rd more often than not. In any event, Tyreek Hill is a steal. LDT is a steal. Those are guys where you got starters in areas of the draft where you primarily expect to get special teamers and developmental backups. 

You da man Crow .

55 minutes ago, kccrow said:

Yep.

Yep, may be a QB in late 2nd or 3rd that turns out to be an elite guy could be considered a steal but other than that you can only reach on the first two days, steals are simply after that.  

9 hours ago, Balto said:

Been thinking....

‘What about a Ray Rice comp?

CEH not as fast as far as top speed, but much higher explosion metrics (@50th percentile for rice, mid 90th percentile for CEH).  Both had good balance coming out.  Rice was stronger, CEH has better patience, lateral agility and routes.  Both good receivers coming out though.  Not the worst comp but a natural one due to the size.  CEH 2 inches shorter and @10 pounds heavier coming out.  Rice had 2 to 3 times the number of carries in college.

14 hours ago, kccrow said:

Yep.

So if Burrow had fallen to #28 , you would not call that a steal? 

16 hours ago, kccrow said:

Yep.

Would you call it a steal if a player that other teams downgrade because of an injury or discipline issues, get taken later and turns out to be a star?  Tyreek might fall into that category.  Maybe it happens with Naing.  

2 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Would you call it a steal if a player that other teams downgrade because of an injury or discipline issues, get taken later and turns out to be a star?  Tyreek might fall into that category.  Maybe it happens with Naing.  

yea if he turns into Willie Roaf 2.0 he would certainly be a steal

21 hours ago, kccrow said:

Yep.

Understand your point but reality is most drafts only have 15-20 players with legit first round grades. So it you get a multiple Pro Bowl performer at 32 he has outperformed his draft position and could hence be considered a steal.  
It’s completely irrelevant semantics though. 

21 hours ago, kccrow said:

Yep.

The problem with Arnette is,

1.  Nearly quit football and he's going to be an old rookie.

2.  I don't think Mayock really has a plan for him.  He panicked when the Falcons beat him to the Clemson punch and looked at a mock draft quickly to find something like Terrell.

His drafts are completely haphazard and it shows why he was a TV guy, and should have stayed on TV.

On 4/24/2020 at 7:05 PM, DieHard said:

I was wanting protection for Pat. You made a good argument that that’s what we got. Protect him by passing less and making teams respect the run. 

evidently the guy is a pretty good blocker as well.. I think, they believed he was the most complete package of the running backs.. expeccially for what we do...

That quick twitch, and explosiveness in the screen game, good interior runner, patient, seriously sick jump cut, and lateral speed. some nice spin and juke moves, and he hangs onto, and catches the ball...