Clyde Edwards-Helaire

On 4/24/2020 at 8:06 PM, kkuenn said:

Read plenty on it and he needs to work on his pass blocking skills as it is one of his weaknesses.  Not horribly bad but Reid will do just that and work him into a good one.

actually he is supposed to be one of the better at pass pro, of the running backs in this draft.. 

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/combine/_/id/210428/clyde-edwards-helaire

evidently he ran a 4.47 in highschool. It didnt look like he got off to a clean start, at the combine..

Also, it looks like he is very quick starting, and doesnt have long speed.. but he is wicked inside of 10 -20 yards.. 

On 4/25/2020 at 7:45 AM, xen said:

CEH not as fast as far as top speed, but much higher explosion metrics (@50th percentile for rice, mid 90th percentile for CEH).  Both had good balance coming out.  Rice was stronger, CEH has better patience, lateral agility and routes.  Both good receivers coming out though.  Not the worst comp but a natural one due to the size.  CEH 2 inches shorter and @10 pounds heavier coming out.  Rice had 2 to 3 times the number of carries in college.

But is CEH a better counter puncher?  

On 4/24/2020 at 12:24 AM, Calichief said:

the burst is incredible 

I was really shocked to see that film.  Haven't seen a Chief RB with that kind of combination of burst and elusiveness since Jamaal Charles. Plus he has some power. Having a defense have to watch for him will protect Mahomes from pressure in a big way.

13 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I was really shocked to see that film.  Haven't seen a Chief RB with that kind of combination of burst and elusiveness since Jamaal Charles. Plus he has some power. Having a defense have to watch for him will protect Mahomes from pressure in a big way.

He's a beast... non-stopping motor, low center, the whole enchilada

but his hands are the real weapon... our WR speed will open up routes out of the backfield big time... I'm really looking forward to seeing what Andy and Eric come up with

Just now, mex said:

He's a beast... non-stopping motor, low center, the whole enchilada

but his hands are the real weapon... our WR speed will open up routes out of the backfield big time... I'm really looking forward to seeing what Andy and Eric come up with

I am too. Be better than what teams were doing to our LBs last year with the rb coming out of the back field. This guy will legit kill it on them.

I'm pumped. It will maybe better than when we had Kareem Hunt.  He won't hurdle defenders, but he will juke them. One other thing he won't do:  Kick people off the field and lie to the team about it. We'll get more seasons out of him.

9 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I'm pumped. It will maybe better than when we had Kareem Hunt.  He won't hurdle defenders, but he will juke them. One other thing he won't do:  Kick people off the field and lie to the team about it. We'll get more seasons out of him.

Agree.  He may not have the long runs and spectacular plays that Hunt had, but he'll be a very good weapon.  Like the comparisons to Priest. 

11 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I wouldnt bet on him not hurdling players, theres film  of that from lsu

11 hours ago, jetlord said:

Agree.  He may not have the long runs and spectacular plays that Hunt had, but he'll be a very good weapon.  Like the comparisons to Priest. 

watch for the circle route outa the backfield, into an area vacated by hill, and hardman... leaving him with nothing but green grass...

8 hours ago, ChiefThunder said:

He'll have the long runs. Remember, Hunt only ran a 4.6.....it's all about playing speed. 

DBs doesn't seem to have problems catching up to him in the open field but they sure will have trouble bringing him down. Seems to stay upright quite often.

Still I'm not sure if open-field speed is actually relevant. Moving the chains consistently is much more valuable than scoring 2-3 long TDs a season. 

11 hours ago, sith13 said:

DBs doesn't seem to have problems catching up to him in the open field but they sure will have trouble bringing him down. Seems to stay upright quite often.

Still I'm not sure if open-field speed is actually relevant. Moving the chains consistently is much more valuable than scoring 2-3 long TDs a season. 

If he keeps getting chased down from behind after a 40 yard gain, I am good with that. The guy explodes through the line and will move the chains.

On 4/27/2020 at 5:08 PM, jetlord said:

Hunt was pretty slow in his own right, running a 4.6 40.   Hunt is 4 inches taller but only 9 lbs heavier.   Hunt probably handles contact better but I think CEH is more elusive.   Obviously we won't know until the season kicks off but I think CEH's long speed is vastly overblown.

I watched the entire bamma lsu game, and game away damn impressed..

a lot of hard between the tackles running, some nice blitz pickups, and it was clear bamma gave him some serious respect.. 

he line up wide frequently, and digs remember that guy? more than once made the mistake of staying with him rather than hanging with the inside wr.... A lot of lsu's production vs bamma could either directly or indirectly be attributed to ceh.

2 hours ago, kccrow said:

I'd call it 27 GMs not trusting 1 year of productivity. 

watching burrow it seems, he had a shitload of help, on that offense... CEH definately worked as an escape clause for him a lot. Like a short Tight End   almost, and well his blocking is pretty good, I am not sure we are talking as much about burrow this year, without CEH.