1 hour ago, artsy said:

Damn, I sure hope we get a LB. I think the chiefs will piece together depth for the Secondary thru free agency.

But we are in dire need of LB. An MLB, to be exact.

Hope we can get one!

Hitchens is our Mike for better or worse. I think they have a young guy they want to develop behind him in Harris. I think WILL is the bigger need.

1 minute ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

No that was the obvious pick to YOU. You heard Veach say they decided on Helaire hours earlier. So that was the obvious pick to THEM.

Watching Reid and Vetch immediately before the pick wasn't encouraging.  Maybe they were disappointed that they couldn't trade down or maybe they weren't in total agreement.  Maybe I was just so surprised that I misread them.  Helaire would have been available for a lot more time so it feels like the Chiefs wasted the pick. 

1 minute ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Hitchens is our Mike for better or worse. I think they have a young guy they want to develop behind him in Harris. I think WILL is the bigger need.

Agree.  They probably take a flyer on a coverage guy late to develop.  Tanner Muse is one I think could develop into a good WIL.

10 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

You're right about needing a WILL, but MLB is a need too. I believe they can work around the coverage LB issues like they did last year...although it's not the best solution. But what sticks out the most is the inept play of the MLB. Hence the poor performance against the run. At this point, I'd be willing to settle for any LB in the draft. MLB or WILL .

10 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Watching Reid and Vetch immediately before the pick wasn't encouraging.  Maybe they were disappointed that they couldn't trade down or maybe they weren't in total agreement.  Maybe I was just so surprised that I misread them.  Helaire would have been available for a lot more time so it feels like the Chiefs wasted the pick. 

Peter Schrager said some GMs he talked to were pissed when Veach took CEH at 32.  That he would have been one of the first players taken tonight.

2 minutes ago, artsy said:

You're right about needing a WILL, but MLB is a need too. I believe they can work around the coverage LB issues like they did last year...although it's not the best solution. But what sticks out the most is the inept play of the MLB. Hence the poor performance against the run. At this point, I'd be willing to settle for any LB in the draft. MLB or WILL .

The best 3 down Mike left is Logan Wilson.  Malik Harrison would work also.

I think their reaction before the pick was calm and collected because they knew who they wanted.  They waited in case someone made them an offer they couldn’t refuse.    Pat was happy and Peter S reporter that some gems were upset with the pick.  It wasn’t want many of us wanted but it was what the Chiefs wanted. Club controlled elite rb for 5 years is exactly what this O needed.  Now we have elite playmakers at every level.

8 minutes ago, DieHard said:

We need a MLB, but he will not likely start. Hitch did to good a job calling the D for Spags to turn it over to a rook. But with a year to learn, I would hope that guy would replace Hitch in 2021 and give us that upgrade.

That's all he did good. "Calling the defense". How bout making some damn plays?? How bout stacking and shedding to make a damn tackle?

Hitchens was/is by far the worst LB I've ever seen play the game. He had no intensity or even desire to be physical. He looked like he was playing scared to get hurt all year.

22 minutes ago, the Warparty said:

I too, felt LB was the biggest need

There was no LB at #32 worth the pick.  Baun has been mentioned, but I'm not sure he's ready to be WIL.  He's mainly a pass rusher.  The Chiefs fell into a bad situation last night after GB killed their chance to move down.  Still, I think the need at CB and the availability of Diggs and Fulton made taking Helaire that early a mistake.  He was my favorite RB and several mocks had him dropping to #63.  If the Chiefs were that afraid of losing him and didn't like Akers or McFarland or a few others, then they had a reason to what they did.  But looking past this coming season, they will have even more holes to fill at CB and LB and they still won't have a lot of cap room to use.