AFC West trying to match our firepower

not sure if anyone caught the segments in the draft when the raiders and donkeys drafted their WR's...Michael Irvin actually had the balls to say that now when mahomes takes the chiefs downfield to score then they will be able to answer right back with a TD of their own 🙄....kind of jumping the gun just a bit 

1 minute ago, KC Warpaint said:

not sure if anyone caught the segments in the draft when the raiders and donkeys drafted their WR's...Michael Irvin actually had the balls to say that now when mahomes takes the chiefs downfield to score then they will be able to answer right back with a TD of their own 🙄....kind of jumping the gun just a bit 

Heard it.

Laughed.

Posted about it in the draft thread and said no way will they be able to keep up with our offense let alone out score us. They pretty much just wasted picks if this is their mentality. 

We also just gave them a big fuck you taking a rb that will push us even farther ahead.

The Raiders decision making seems very puzzling.  I think they drafted a very expensive Mecole Hardman.

Makes sense to do it halfway through Day 2 like KC did.  Doesn't really make sense to do it in the top half of Round 1.

(I think Ruggs is a better player than Hardman was coming out of Georgia, but they will basically be using him like Hardman because Carr doesn't have the arm to take advantage of him)

The draft sets this up as it should. Teams lower in the standing, with good decisions, should consistently get better. I think the AFC West will be tougher going forward. Looking forward to some serious competition. Would not really want a cake walk division like the Pats had. Love the AFCWEST Rivalries.

1 hour ago, liquidfriend said:

The Raiders decision making seems very puzzling.  I think they drafted a very expensive Mecole Hardman.

Makes sense to do it halfway through Day 2 like KC did.  Doesn't really make sense to do it in the top half of Round 1.

(I think Ruggs is a better player than Hardman was coming out of Georgia, but they will basically be using him like Hardman because Carr doesn't have the arm to take advantage of him)

I love the player, hate the fit.  In the draft forum. I said I had Ruggs as the first WR but I wouldnt bother if I had a noodle armed QB.  Well, Carr never met a long throw he likes...

36 minutes ago, West said:

Meh,  I am not sure if the Raiders, Chargers or Broncos can beat 8-8...

w

The Raiders are the best of the group.  The Chargers are a mess and Denver is in serious transition as well.  The Raiders are a team that will hover around .500 this year, with the other two substantially worse, as in 5-11, 4-12.  Barring catastrophic injuries, the Chiefs win the division by 3+ games. 

5 minutes ago, moons314 said:

The Raiders are the best of the group.  The Chargers are a mess and Denver is in serious transition as well.  The Raiders are a team that will hover around .500 this year, with the other two substantially worse, as in 5-11, 4-12.  Barring catastrophic injuries, the Chiefs win the division by 3+ games. 

The Raiders blew it with their second pick.  Of all the CBs available, they really reached.  Carr can't compete with Mahomes at crunch time.  Same with the Donks.  Lock doesn't scare me at this point.  Same with the Chargers.  Herbert won't be ready for a while if ever.  At least for this year, the Chiefs have the advantage on having a set team.  Without OTAs and mini camps, how are these new guys supposed to learn the NFL game?  The Chiefs just have to beef up the defense over the next year to stay at the top of the division. 

2 minutes ago, jetlord said:

The Raiders blew it with their second pick.  Of all the CBs available, they really reached.  Carr can't compete with Mahomes at crunch time.  Same with the Donks.  Lock doesn't scare me at this point.  Same with the Chargers.  Herbert won't be ready for a while if ever.  At least for this year, the Chiefs have the advantage on having a set team.  Without OTAs and mini camps, how are these new guys supposed to learn the NFL game?  The Chiefs just have to beef up the defense over the next year to stay at the top of the division. 

Carr can't compete with Mahomes, but let's be honest, who really can?  For the foreseeable future, it's going to be Mahomes and the Chiefs 3 or 4 levels above the rest of the division, regardless of the moves the others make.  The Raiders won't be on our level, but they'll probably be 3-1 or 4-0 against the other 2 division teams head to head, and will fair decently against the rest of the league. 

2 hours ago, KC Warpaint said:

One massive flaw with this approach is that they don’t have Mahomes.  A track meet is exactly what we want!  Chargers adding defense makes more sense. 

1 hour ago, xen said:

I love the player, hate the fit.  In the draft forum. I said I had Ruggs as the first WR but I wouldnt bother if I had a noodle armed QB.  Well, Carr never met a long throw he likes...

The feeling I get is that Gruden hates Derek Carr and would knife him any chance he could get and I don't know why they just don't rip off the band-aid already.

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

One massive flaw with this approach is that they don’t have Mahomes.  A track meet is exactly what we want!  Chargers adding defense makes more sense. 

I don't think that is the actual approach by the staffs though.  Irvin is just a fool.  While there's a debate over whether or not Gruden is overrated (good coach, but I don't think he's the savant that he seems to get credit for) the man is entirely too smart to think he's going to stack his receivers and out track meet Mahomes.  Gruden saw a piece that he could use to improve his offense and took it, he didn't have some master plan to try to beat the Chiefs 50-48. 

6 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

The feeling I get is that Gruden hates Derek Carr and would knife him any chance he could get and I don't know why they just don't rip off the band-aid already.

didn't the Raiders trade with the Titans  for Mariota?  At least that is what my die hard Faiders fan of a son told me.  I think Carr will be a back up or cut because of that trade. 

1 minute ago, NCK Chiefs Fan said:

didn't the Raiders trade with the Titans  for Mariota?  At least that is what my die hard Faiders fan of a son told me.  I think Carr will be a back up or cut because of that trade. 

Signed him as a FA 

57 minutes ago, NCK Chiefs Fan said:

I agree, I even tried to give him back one time, (adopted).  He became a  Faiders fan his very rebellious time and hated the Chiefs because I am a Die Hard Chiefs fan.

Kids.  Can't live with em, can't chop em up and put em in the trunk of your car and take a trip to the countryside, down highway 108, seven miles southeast of porterville, turn right by the old mill, follow that holler for about 750 feet then there's a turn in on your right.  Nice secluded area.

But then I wouldnt know, I don't have kids.

Just now, mex said:

speaking of afc west trying to keep up with KC offense... the donks just added a big piece in KJ Hamler

Still suck if you cant catch balls or they are not thrown to them. We will see but I still say we have the best WR WR group in thebwest easily. Not including our great TE and now a new toy at rb.... all toys for Mahomes 

Just now, kkuenn said:

Still suck if you cant catch balls or they are not thrown to them. We will see but I still say we have the best WR WR group in thebwest easily. Not including our great TE and now a new toy at rb.... all toys for Mahomes 

never said they were better than ours... but they'll be good

4 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Chargers scare me the most because they keep adding studs to that D.   Added Chris Harris and Murray and they get James back for a full year with Ingram and Bosa makes for a stout D.