61 members have voted

1. 1. What's your overall draft grade

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

4 hours ago, robgar said:

sorry, we do that... but it is so general, it is like saying 32 teams will select some player in the first round, some of them will be from the sec, and there is a high probability of either a qb or a left tackle being one of the top 10 picks. 

You can add in no Nebraska player taken in the first round too! HAHAHA

5 hours ago, robgar said:

they drafted a reciever in the first.. does that make you happier?

No.  I'm not unhappy about getting Helaire.  He was on my mock draft list nearly every time I made one.  But not with a first round pick.  My top priority was LB and CB not only for this season, but because they Chiefs will lose key players at CB in 2021 and are so weak at LB. Not sure what they'll do to replace Sammy and Robinson.  Not being able to trade Jones of move down messed things up. 

14 minutes ago, jetlord said:

No.  I'm not unhappy about getting Helaire.  He was on my mock draft list nearly every time I made one.  But not with a first round pick.  My top priority was LB and CB not only for this season, but because they Chiefs will lose key players at CB in 2021 and are so weak at LB. Not sure what they'll do to replace Sammy and Robinson.  Not being able to trade Jones of move down messed things up. 

Next year should be another big crop of good receivers in the draft if that helps.

9 minutes ago, xen said:

Next year should be another big crop of good receivers in the draft if that helps.

That’s the hot take right now. People are saying next year will be better than this year ...🤷‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Calichief said:

That’s the hot take right now. People are saying next year will be better than this year ...🤷‍♂️

And right when we want one too. Only issue is getting a year under their belt with Reids offense. I know it is walter football but it does list wide receivers to watch for next year.

https://walterfootball.com/draft2021WR.php

28 minutes ago, xen said:

It will help, but we hear all the time about how it takes several years to learn the Reid system at WR.  Maybe Sammy will sign again if the market is still weak. 

21 minutes ago, jetlord said:

It will help, but we hear all the time about how it takes several years to learn the Reid system at WR.  Maybe Sammy will sign again if the market is still weak. 

But even with a basic route tree, a rookie can be a huge contributor if it is Mahomes getting the football to him. All they have to do is keep running a route and keep their eyes open for the ball. Never slow down, and never conclude the play is not going to him.

1 hour ago, Fmbl2187 said:

But even with a basic route tree, a rookie can be a huge contributor if it is Mahomes getting the football to him. All they have to do is keep running a route and keep their eyes open for the ball. Never slow down, and never conclude the play is not going to him.

They can contribute something just based on their abilities, but it takes experience and coordination with Mahomes to consistently succeed.  Hill's route on third and fifteen in the SB wouldn't have happened with a rookie receiver.

7 minutes ago, jetlord said:

They can contribute something just based on their abilities, but it takes experience and coordination with Mahomes to consistently succeed.  Hill's route on third and fifteen in the SB wouldn't have happened with a rookie receiver.

Considering the time it took to get off that route probably doesn't happen without Tyreek running it.  Mecole will be in year 3 and CEH will be in year 2 and can run routes most RBs can't.  We'll be ok.  Time to replenish the stock next year though.

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

If it's the play I'm thinking about, it was his persistence at completing the route, something Mahomes admonished him for not doing a couple of times in the past.

On 4/29/2020 at 12:50 PM, xen said:

Considering the time it took to get off that route probably doesn't happen without Tyreek running it.  Mecole will be in year 3 and CEH will be in year 2 and can run routes most RBs can't.  We'll be ok.  Time to replenish the stock next year though.

When that outside corner bit on Watkins running the break in, it was over. That poor safety had no chance even if Tyreek hasn't made that cut back outside. The weirdest part was the corner lined up on Tyreek at the snap making his way out to the flat to cover...no one.

On 4/29/2020 at 11:41 AM, jetlord said:

"and you... keep workin!"

On 4/29/2020 at 11:50 AM, xen said:

Considering the time it took to get off that route probably doesn't happen without Tyreek running it.  

mahomes too... he took like a 12 step drop... couldn't have done that without the arm

Just now, mex said:

mahomes too... he took like a 12 step drop... couldn't have done that without the arm

Yeah, to me, I don't think that play happens without either Tyreek or Pat.  That's why I don't think it really matters if we replace Sammy with a rookie next year.  We'll still have lots of vet playmakers and the youngsters will be further along as well.  If Mecole starts making jumps in his route running like Tyreek did, watch out.

6 minutes ago, xen said:

Yeah, to me, I don't think that play happens without either Tyreek or Pat.  That's why I don't think it really matters if we replace Sammy with a rookie next year.  We'll still have lots of vet playmakers and the youngsters will be further along as well.  If Mecole starts making jumps in his route running like Tyreek did, watch out.

I'd love to keep sammy another year. he's a beast... and at number 3 receiver?!? good lord...

wait until CEH is in the backfield... that'll be 4 formidable guys to cover... not to mention if mecole ever starts getting some reps

geez patrick's gotta be licking his chops

15 minutes ago, mex said:

I'd love to keep sammy another year. he's a beast... and at number 3 receiver?!? good lord...

wait until CEH is in the backfield... that'll be 4 formidable guys to cover... not to mention if mecole ever starts getting some reps

geez patrick's gotta be licking his chops

Sammy and his salary probably gotta go after this year.

17 hours ago, xen said:

Sammy and his salary probably gotta go after this year.

What precludes it from happening this year? I am being serious not sarcastic. I am just not up on the SC Dead money implications given Mahomes needs to get paid this year.

23 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

What precludes it from happening this year? I am being serious not sarcastic. I am just not up on the SC Dead money implications given Mahomes needs to get paid this year.

He's already redone his contract for this year to shave off 5-6 mil off the cap.  Mahomes new contract won't include a change to his hit this year, considering it's the 4th year. 

On 5/1/2020 at 4:16 PM, xen said:

He's already redone his contract for this year to shave off 5-6 mil off the cap.  Mahomes new contract won't include a change to his hit this year, considering it's the 4th year. 

And now that they picked up Mahomes 5th year option, what does that do to the SC?

Overall I think the team has kept itself together and added players directly to areas of need. Too early to truly know how good or not people will pan out. But for what was needed the draft seems good. I think a 2nd TE is still a blindspot on the roster. Remove Kelce for any period of time and the offense takes a big hit. The dynamics the Patriots had with two good TEs seems deadly and would let Kelce get some rest at times. He isn’t as young as he used to be.

1 hour ago, Thegoatee said:

Overall I think the team has kept itself together and added players directly to areas of need. Too early to truly know how good or not people will pan out. But for what was needed the draft seems good. I think a 2nd TE is still a blindspot on the roster. Remove Kelce for any period of time and the offense takes a big hit. The dynamics the Patriots had with two good TEs seems deadly and would let Kelce get some rest at times. He isn’t as young as he used to be.

The 1 year free agent TE I am interested in and seeing how he does with Mahomes. I think it was very wise of Seals Jones to come here. If he likes it and being on a winning team, i can see us extending him if he does well.

1 hour ago, Thegoatee said:

I think our weakest link is DB.   We are more than likely gonna lose Breeland for a couple games and behind Ward and Fenton you have a ST ace, 4th and 7th round pick.    I look for Chris Jones deal to get done allowing us to add a one year prove it guy like Ryan, Dennard, or PrinceA.   None of them are studs but all of them could add valuable experience until Breeland gets back and Sneed and BoPete get a little experience.