Chiefs select Tulane cornerback Thakarius “Bopete” Keyes at No. 237

“Bopete” Keyes, cornerback   Tulane • 6’1” • 202 pounds

Whew baby! 

I was excited to see the Chiefs get back into the draft to select a player I would have been THRILLED to see them take at No. 177 in the fifth round. Keyes — who prefers to be called “Bopete” — is a fantastic developmental cornerback prospect that has a legitimate chance of making the 53-man roster. We put a fourth-round grade on Keyes in the KC Draft Guide. 

He has excellent length and a strong athletic profile. He uses his length well, as he’s competitive at the catch point. He has quality feet and good fluidity through his frame for a man his size. He’s physical at the line of scrimmage and uses the boundary to his advantage. Keyes is still a raw prospect but there is a lot to like about his athletic profile, ball production and frame. He doesn’t have to play right away, but don’t be surprised if Keyes sticks around in Steve Spagnuolo’s defense for a while.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2020/4/25/21236807/trade-alert-chiefs-select-tulane-cornerback-thakarius-bopete-keyes-at-no-237

I think so as well. Looks like a guy they have been targeting for the 3rd day all along and has a lot of good reports that make him look like a 2nd day pick that simply fell. I think he ends up starting within a couple years hence the steal of this draft.