After draft roster

10 hours ago, jetlord said:

Do the Chiefs usually bring in two extra punters to go along with Colquitt?  I think Colquitt may be retired before the end of TC and save about $2 million.  With this offense, punter is less important and Justin is dropping off IMHO. 

Damn your crystal ball was on point!

3 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Damn your crystal ball was on point!

Nope.  As my wife would testify, I'm usually wrong.  Keeping a $2+ million punter just doesn't make sense unless that punter is extra special.  Colquitt used to be.  He hasn't been lately.  He can't feel too bad after a 15 year NFL career and a ring. 

I think they keep Thompson over Darrel. He didn’t get much of a chance last year which was surprising with all the running back injuries. But he always ran hard and he can catch the ball. If it’s what they do much better than Darrel. Also they picked up Darrel off the street with season. And he didn’t hold up. Plus the only running back that got carries besides Damien Williams post season is Thompson. I think they give him another year.

7 hours ago, jetlord said:

Nope.  As my wife would testify, I'm usually wrong.  Keeping a $2+ million punter just doesn't make sense unless that punter is extra special.  Colquitt used to be.  He hasn't been lately.  He can't feel too bad after a 15 year NFL career and a ring. 

I heard we are not carrying a punter.

43 minutes ago, DieHard said:

I think they keep Thompson over Darrel. He didn’t get much of a chance last year which was surprising with all the running back injuries. But he always ran hard and he can catch the ball. If it’s what they do much better than Darrel. Also they picked up Darrel off the street with season. And he didn’t hold up. Plus the only running back that got carries besides Damien Williams post season is Thompson. I think they give him another year.

I agree.  No one expects Damien to be back in 2021 so Thompson probably has more value in the future.  Andy doesn't need the big back to make his offense go. 

On 4/26/2020 at 9:19 PM, Iluvhouse24 said:

I agree with most of this. I dont think Reiter will be released. I dont think there's any way they carry 10 OL and only 5 WR. I also don't think there's any way they keep both Barton and Senat over Remmers. I do hope Niang can start over LDT day one if he picks the offense up quickly. I dont think Lovett beats out Sherman either.

I know I have to remember who I'm talking to. You have more faith in young guys than anyone I've ever met. But you have us keeping 5 out of 10 offensive lineman who have never started an NFL game. There's just no way that happens in my opinion.

Outside the offensive line stuff I agree with almost every player and position.

They'll carry 10 lineman, I can almost guarantee it. The new roster rules dictate that one of the extra gameday guys in the boost from 46 to 48 must be an OL. 

My guess... though it's early. Crazy how many Vanderbilt players are on the roster right now.

Roster
QB Pat Mahomes
QB Chad Henne 

RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire
RB Damien Williams
RB DeAndre Washington 
RB Darwin Thompson - This kid did not look like an NFL player last year but I like his potential more than Darrel Williams, tough call but one has to go

FB Anthony Sherman

WR Tyreek Hill 
WR Sammy Watkins 
WR Mecole Hardman 
WR DeMarcus Robinson 
WR Byron Pringle
WR Kalijah Lipscomb - Kind of a carbon copy of DRob coming out, I think he's in

TE Travis Kelce
TE Ricky Seals- Jones
TE Deon Yelder

OT Eric Fisher
OT Mitchell Schwartz
OT Lucas Niang - Also think he starts at LG but will be the primary backup at OT.
OT Jackson Barton - This kid stood out to them last year as a swing guy that they poached and Remmers sucks so I'm calling my shot here

OG Laurent Duvernay-Tardif
OG Martinas Rankin 
OG Andrew Wylie 
OG Nick Allegretti

OC Austin Reiter
OC Darryl Williams 

DE Frank Clark
DE Alex Okafor
DE Tanoh Kpassagnon
DE Demone Harris
DE Michael Danna

DT Chris Jones 
DT Derrick Nnadi 
DT Mike Pennel
DT Khalen Saunders
DT Breeland Speaks

LB Anthony Hitchens
LB Damien Williams 
LB Willie Gay 
LB Ben Neimann 
LB Bryan Wright - His physicality wins out over DOD in my opinion. 

CB Chavarius Ward
CB Breshad Breeland
CB Rashad Fenton
CB Antonio Hamilton
CB L'Jarius Sneed - Ability to play safety might mean the Chiefs go thinner there in favor of more CB types
CB Bopete Keyes 
CB Javaris Davis - Speed to cover the slot, I think he's in. 

DB Tyrann Mathieu 
DB Juan Thornhill 
DB Daniel Sorenson
DB Armani Watts

K Harrison Butker
P Tommy Townsend
LS James Winchester

Practice Squad - Half this list won't make it either when Veach signs players from other teams, but my best guesses
QB Jordan Ta'amu
WR Maurice Ffrench - love his YAC production, could be a sleeper
FB John Lovett
RB Mike Weber
RB Marcus Marshall
TE Alize Mack
TE Jody Fortson
OG Yasir Durant
OT Greg Senat
DE Tim Ward 
DT Braxton Hoyett
LB Darius Harris
CB Lavert Hill
DB Rodney Clemons - I think this kid has a legit shot at the 53 but I like the Keyes and Davis more at CB than I do this kid at FS, we'll see.

Cuts
WR Gehrig Deiter
WR Felton Davis
WR Andre Baccellia
WR Cody White
WR Aleva Hifo
WR Justice Shelton-Mosely
RB Darrel Williams 
RB Elijah McGuire
TE Nick Keizer
OT Mike Remmers
OG Ryan Hunter