Dustin Colquitt done in KC

18 hours ago, Adamixoye said:

There's probably nothing I can say to convince you, but in short:  analytics have shown that the minor field position advantages from a great punter just don't contribute to winning as much as some people might believe.  Unlike QBs, being a great punter never is correlated with whether a team is winning or not, which I think we can see from Colquitt's career.  Even when the offense was bad, all those guys I mentioned were much better at contributing to points and wins.

No one is saying that he wasn't a good punter or that he wasn't valuable on some level.  But to suggest he was ever offensive team MVP just misunderstands the relative value of positions and plays within football.

Wholeheartedly agree. I've been pushing the analytics of punting on Chiefs' fans for a decade to no avail. Overall, you may as well shove your head in the sand. So long as you have an NFL-caliber punter, that's really all you need. Cycle a UDFA every 4 years and call it a day. Any gains over and above that are negligible. 

16 hours ago, WichitaZRide said:

This guy needs to go into the ring of honor immediately and maybe he can land a roll in the organization as a coach or ambassador instead of going to another team.   

Supposed to be a great locker room guy that gets respect from others. I wouldn't mind him staying in the organization if no other team is wiling to pay him for a year or two.