Breeland arrested

Bashaud Breeland, a cornerback for the Super Bowl champion Kansas City Chiefs and a former Clemson star, was arrested Tuesday afternoon, according to York County (SC) Sheriff’s Office.

Breeland was charged on five counts: resisting arrest, the transport of alcohol in motor vehicle with a broken seal, open container of beer or wine in motor vehicle, possession of 28 grams or less of marijuana or 10 grams of hash, and driving without a license.

PUFRJBMSVBDVVE2V7LPBIRSJDA.jpeg Photo courtesy of wbtv.com

Breeland, 28, recently signed a one-year, $4.5 million contract with the Chiefs and helped seal the team’s Super Bowl LIV victory over San Francisco with a key interception.

2 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

hardly a hardened criminal .. I have done all those.. but yea not smart.

Transporting alcohol with a broken seal?? Good fucking god man was he in Saudi?

all can be argued  down to misdemeanors 

Yup.  Big nothing burger.  I'm really hoping that rumors of the NFL backing off of possession and drug testing in the CBA are true.  Suspensions for these things are stupid.  

47 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

hardly a hardened criminal .. I have done all those.. but yea not smart.

Transporting alcohol with a broken seal?? Good fucking god man was he in Saudi?

all can be argued  down to misdemeanors 

Exactly my thoughts. Just wtf kind of stupid ass charge is that

Breeland is a dumbass plain and simple. Is it big time crime? No but he did break the law and we know how the NFL values its reputation. He will get suspended probably 4 games I would think....that is if he isn't cut first.

11 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Is this his first run in with the law? If so 2 games and he may appeal it to 1. 

If it were just the booze and pot and license thing I would probably agree. The resisting arrest part might bump him a game or two.

A resisting arrest charge can cover a wide range of behaviors.  If he just said "fuck no" during the process and the cop was in a bad mood, there's an extra charge to lay on.  It does not say if he simply resisted or resisted with violence.  Big difference.  In the end, it will probably be dropped.  The drug charges will be reduced to misdemeanors.   Not a good look, but not as horrible as it looks at first glance

If he fought back then I would assume some assault charge would have been tacked on. At first 5 counts looks bad but really its not much.   1 game worse case unless something else gets tacked on like a DUI.   I don't think he's a cut candidate unless.   Definitely stupid though!

It's a 3 game suspension for DUI iirc from the new rules, but that's not a listed charge.

Weed isn't even supposed to be a suspension anymore.

I dunno, it's an open beer and a little bit of weed and doesn't seem like much of an issue to me.

If he gets a suspension, I'd guess a game and would largely hinge on the resisting arrest