Breeland arrested

Is it obvious now why Veach felt compelled to trade up for a cb using next years 6th. They knew about the 4 game suspension and Breeland took a subpar contract cause he and his agent knew that too. 
Lots more character issue type players are being allowed in than in any other regime I could ever think of and it’s certainly been tested by the likes of Marcus Peters and Kareem and Tyreek as well. 
Just saying. Please don’t kill me. GCG

2 minutes ago, gochiefsgo said:

Is it obvious now why Veach felt compelled to trade up for a cb using next years 6th. They knew about the 4 game suspension and Breeland took a subpar contract cause he and his agent knew that too. 
Lots more character issue type players are being allowed in than in any other regime I could ever think of and it’s certainly been tested by the likes of Marcus Peters and Kareem and Tyreek as well. 
Just saying. Please don’t kill me. GCG

Well to be fair it was the previous GM that brought those guys in and Veach got rid of them. We will see how Gay does here. I think we will be fine.

16 minutes ago, gochiefsgo said:

If it was so urgent they had to make that trade, why didn't they just draft one with their earlier picks?

I'd believe the suspension played a factor in the contract, but I have to assume they were comfortable with that risk / circumstance.  I don't believe any of this was a factor in how we approached the draft.

That’s how you get shot for something stupid.  You could hear the fear and concern in the lady’s voice.   Hate that this has turned into a big deal but definitely glad cooler heads prevailed.  I mean he went I hands and face first into his vehicle...tough spot for any law enforcement officer.

I still think it’s a 3-4 game suspension which might help us out in the long run if one of these younger guys can step up.

Breeland has a very low IQ after watching that video.... I understand why minorities are suspect of police and being mistreated given we’ve not advanced enough beyond the tension and memory pre-Civil Rights. But I also know human nature of not respecting authority which knows no ethnicity. When you mix the two, situations escalate needlessly. Even if the cop is wrong, he can legally kill you if you don’t submit to the authority and become perceived as a threat.

3 hours ago, Thegoatee said:

Breeland has a very low IQ after watching that video.... I understand why minorities are suspect of police and being mistreated given we’ve not advanced enough beyond the tension and memory pre-Civil Rights. But I also know human nature of not respecting authority which knows no ethnicity. When you mix the two, situations escalate needlessly. Even if the cop is wrong, he can legally kill you if you don’t submit to the authority and become perceived as a threat.

He doesn't have a low IQ. He was drunk. Most people drinking Patron in the middle of the afternoon aren't ready to be a contestant on Jeopardy.

4 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

He doesn't have a low IQ. He was drunk. Most people drinking Patron in the middle of the afternoon aren't ready to be a contestant on Jeopardy.

There is no report of him being drunk or there would be a DUI or DWI attached to this.   Not saying he wasn't but that would have surely made the report if true.  

3 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

There is no report of him being drunk or there would be a DUI or DWI attached to this.   Not saying he wasn't but that would have surely made the report if true.  

He wasn't driving. How can someone be arrested for driving while intoxicated when they are standing outside their vehicle? 

3 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Well fuck you too Alex Trebek!

5 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

He wasn't driving. How can someone be arrested for driving while intoxicated when they are standing outside their vehicle? 

First go back and read the arrest report.  The first sentence tells why they were questioned in the first place.  Then Breeland pull back in to the gas station......meaning he was driving.    No where does it say he was intoxicated and if he was there would be a felony DWI or DUI.  He left and came back.   They found open containers but it was the smoking pot that arose suspicion and the fact they fled the scene.   

So again,  all the charges where misdemeanors and only one dealt with the open containers found in his vehicle.   

7 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

DUI laws are intent.

you can be arrested for dui for just sitting in your car. 

6 hours ago, Calichief said:

DUI laws are intent.

you can be arrested for dui for just sitting in your car. 

Yeah, my uncle got one for sleeping in his car drunk. In the back seat. I think the keys have to be outside the vehicle or in the glove compartment in order not to be charged.

I've got a couple myself. Last one was almost 20 yrs ago. But DUIs aren't felonies until you hit #3. They are still misdemeanors. Some states even a 3rd is a misdemeanor if enough time has passed since the last one.

But being a member of AA I've heard some pretty ridiculous stories. People getting DUIs thinking they could drive a lawnmower to the bar or liquor store and not be charged. Shit like that.