Breeland arrested

3 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Yeah, my uncle got one for sleeping in his car drunk. In the back seat. I think the keys have to be outside the vehicle or in the glove compartment in order not to be charged.

I've got a couple myself. Last one was almost 20 yrs ago. But DUIs aren't felonies until you hit #3. They are still misdemeanors. Some states even a 3rd is a misdemeanor if enough time has passed since the last one.

But being a member of AA I've heard some pretty ridiculous stories. People getting DUIs thinking they could drive a lawnmower to the bar or liquor store and not be charged. Shit like that.

Didn't realize they weren't a felony until #3.   Wouldn't they have charged him if he was intoxicated though and wouldn't that have been made the report (the results of his breathalyzer)?   You may know something I don't but just going off the report it doesn't appear he was drunk.   I can't imagine them not giving him a test with the open containers though.   Regardless it wasn't the brightest decision made and will in all likelihood cost him a good chunk of money down the road.

3 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Yeah, my uncle got one for sleeping in his car drunk. In the back seat. I think the keys have to be outside the vehicle or in the glove compartment in order not to be charged.

I've got a couple myself. Last one was almost 20 yrs ago. But DUIs aren't felonies until you hit #3. They are still misdemeanors. Some states even a 3rd is a misdemeanor if enough time has passed since the last one.

But being a member of AA I've heard some pretty ridiculous stories. People getting DUIs thinking they could drive a lawnmower to the bar or liquor store and not be charged. Shit like that.

Yep. Keys on you equal intent. 

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

Didn't realize they weren't a felony until #3.   Wouldn't they have charged him if he was intoxicated though and wouldn't that have been made the report (the results of his breathalyzer)?   You may know something I don't but just going off the report it doesn't appear he was drunk.   I can't imagine them not giving him a test with the open containers though.   Regardless it wasn't the brightest decision made and will in all likelihood cost him a good chunk of money down the road.

He was already not getting offers this year even after the year he had last year. He is facing a suspension this year for positive test already and now this. No one is going to take a huge flyer on him now.

29 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Yep. Keys on you equal intent. 

Which is complete bullshit. If you''re sleeping it off in the backseat of your car, then there is no intent to drive. I known a couple of people get DUI's that way. One guy was told by the cops that he was trespassing by being parked in the bar parking lot after hours, but he could sleep it off at the gas station across the street. So he drove across the street like they told him and bam....... straight to jail for a dui.

3 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

I agree with you. I didn't realize they followed him to the gas station. He would have gotten a DUI if he was drunk. But that still doesn't mean he has a low IQ. Smart people do dumb shit too.

1 hour ago, Wolfscall said:

Which is complete bullshit. If you''re sleeping it off in the backseat of your car, then there is no intent to drive. I known a couple of people get DUI's that way. One guy was told by the cops that he was trespassing by being parked in the bar parking lot after hours, but he could sleep it off at the gas station across the street. So he drove across the street like they told him and bam....... straight to jail for a dui.

The stories are nuts. I know a lot of people who’ve received them 

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I agree with you. I didn't realize they followed him to the gas station. He would have gotten a DUI if he was drunk. But that still doesn't mean he has a low IQ. Smart people do dumb shit too.

Agreed.  Definitely not calling into question his IQ just questioning what he's thinking.   Back to back bad decisions cost him millions.