2020 schedule

4 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Adam I think you are right.   No one is realistically going to say that a good not great team is going 16-0, so its only natural to find the toughest matchups and predict those to be higher probability losses.  

I will say that if our secondary (Cornerbacks) doesn't take a step back I feel the rest of the D will be better in their second year that our team could make a legit run at 15-1  or 16-0.    We have the ability to do it obviously its really hard to do.

The Patriots proved 16-0 was possible but that it requires a perfect storm of luck.  I think we're unlikely to see it again in our lifetimes.

This Chiefs team, if things break right (healthy, firing on all cylinders with O and D schemes, CEH and Gay contribute positively right away, etc.), I think has a legit chance at 14-2, give or take.  I think the last two years have shown that 12-4 is our floor with a reasonably healthy team, if you could even call the 2019 team "reasonably healthy."

16 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

As always  I wait until #3 preseason game to make prediction but  a SB Hangover is not unrealistic

In general yes, but I think Reid is too much of a grinder and guys like Pat, Frank, and HB are too competitive. 

Wasn't GB undefeated and the Chiefs winless when they met at Arrowhead during the Romeo year?  It was great walking through the parking lot after the game and hearing a few Packer fans saying how they just couldn't believe they lost to the lowly Chiefs.  It happens to good teams every year.  Fins and Pats last season, anyone? 

12 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Wasn't GB undefeated and the Chiefs winless when they met at Arrowhead during the Romeo year?  It was great walking through the parking lot after the game and hearing a few Packer fans saying how they just couldn't believe they lost to the lowly Chiefs.  It happens to good teams every year.  Fins and Pats last season, anyone? 

Yes, that's true.  But Mahomes has lost just 8 games as a starter.  Records of those teams in that season?  11-5, 13-3, 10-6, 12-4, 11-5 (repeat from earlier), 7-9, 10-6, 9-7.  And in 2019 (those last three) you could argue that Mahomes was injured/rusty in every single loss.  The 9-7 team made the AFCCG.

We're sure to have a non-injury clunker vs. a random team at some point, but two years of evidence suggests those will be few and far between for the Reid/Mahomes combo (unlike Reid/Smith).

47 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

Yes, that's true.  But Mahomes has lost just 8 games as a starter.  Records of those teams in that season?  11-5, 13-3, 10-6, 12-4, 11-5 (repeat from earlier), 7-9, 10-6, 9-7.  And in 2019 (those last three) you could argue that Mahomes was injured/rusty in every single loss.  The 9-7 team made the AFCCG.

We're sure to have a non-injury clunker vs. a random team at some point, but two years of evidence suggests those will be few and far between for the Reid/Mahomes combo (unlike Reid/Smith).

Well, the only sure thing about the schedule is that one person here will predict 8-8.  😉

On 5/8/2020 at 12:21 PM, Adamixoye said:

The Patriots proved 16-0 was possible but that it requires a perfect storm of luck.  I think we're unlikely to see it again in our lifetimes.

This Chiefs team, if things break right (healthy, firing on all cylinders with O and D schemes, CEH and Gay contribute positively right away, etc.), I think has a legit chance at 14-2, give or take.  I think the last two years have shown that 12-4 is our floor with a reasonably healthy team, if you could even call the 2019 team "reasonably healthy."

Key for 2019 (and really 2018) is that we were as healthy as could possibly be expected in January. I think that fact likely helped crystallize to Andy the extreme need to replace Sutton.  
That said anyone predicting 19-0 is crazy. 

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

Key for 2019 (and really 2018) is that we were as healthy as could possibly be expected in January. I think that fact likely helped crystallize to Andy the extreme need to replace Sutton.  
That said anyone predicting 19-0 is crazy. 

With BAL, BUF, TPA, and NO on the road, it's not reasonable to think there's a chance to go undefeated.  If the Chiefs win two of those games, it will be a very good season.  The chance to go undefeated in Arrowhead is there.  They did that in 1995 and the place will be rocking this year if tickets aren't limited by the virus.  Seems all the toughest games are on the road this time. 

7 hours ago, jetlord said:

With BAL, BUF, TPA, and NO on the road, it's not reasonable to think there's a chance to go undefeated.  If the Chiefs win two of those games, it will be a very good season.  The chance to go undefeated in Arrowhead is there.  They did that in 1995 and the place will be rocking this year if tickets aren't limited by the virus.  Seems all the toughest games are on the road this time. 

Tough to see any scenario that let’s Arrowhead be Arrowhead this year.  And we’ve been tbe best road team in the league since Andy got here. IE..the virus likely hurts us more than most contenders.  That said we are clearly the best team. 

2 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

Not to sure if this has been mentioned but man the first quarter is gonna be tough without breeland. I don’t think veach is done with the CB roster yet. 

Good point Holmes.  I could definitely see another vet brought in while Breeland is out.

On 5/8/2020 at 11:26 AM, oldtimer said:

As always  I wait until #3 preseason game to make prediction but  a SB Hangover is not unrealistic

fuck yeah, I mean... did you HEAR them singing 'we are the champions' during the parade?

bet they had some serious headaches afterwards... :lol: