AFC WEST Track Meet

On 5/17/2020 at 2:57 PM, Iluvhouse24 said:

It's more than mutual. In fact I dont care how you feel about much of anything. And talking about staying on topic, you just responded to a post I made 5 days ago. 

Not sure what my frequency of visiting the site has to do with staying on topic...

But my question remains unanswered...  regardless of your personal feelings of Alex, do you honestly believe that there's a better QB in the AFC West outside Mahomes?  

13 minutes ago, WichitaZRide said:

Not sure what my frequency of visiting the site has to do with staying on topic...

But my question remains unanswered...  regardless of your personal feelings of Alex, do you honestly believe that there's a better QB in the AFC West outside Mahomes?  

Right now no. Would I rather have Lock, or Herbert going forward? Absolutely. Even if they don't pan out, I'd be excited about the fact the team had the balls to take a shot on their own franchise guy like we somehow neglected to do for 3 decades. 

It was  just hard to believe we had a real chance of winning a title with him, because the guy had such terrible presence on the pocket. There weren't 15 better QBs in the league while he was our starter. He was a fringe top 1/3 QB. But there was definitely 15 QBs that I would rather have taking snaps in the clutch. He'd be near the bottom of that list 

It will be interesting to see how Lock and Herbert pan out.  Lock looked goodish in a very small sample, but while they are building some offense in Denver, the no fly zone is pretty much gone now.  With all the changes it's hard to know who the likely #2 team in the division is now. 

3 hours ago, reesebobby said:

It will be interesting to see how Lock and Herbert pan out.  Lock looked goodish in a very small sample, but while they are building some offense in Denver, the no fly zone is pretty much gone now.  With all the changes it's hard to know who the likely #2 team in the division is now. 

I think denver might be building something.  Lock can play if he's given time and has good second effort ability and a live arm.  they've acquired some good weapons over the last few years as well, though I'm not that high on Hamler.   

Though if they don't build that oline up more they're in trouble.  Lock ain't Pat.  And Shurmur ain't no Andy.  Very average play caller.  

3 hours ago, xen said:

I think denver might be building something.  Lock can play if he's given time and has good second effort ability and a live arm.  they've acquired some good weapons over the last few years as well, though I'm not that high on Hamler.   

Though if they don't build that oline up more they're in trouble.  Lock ain't Pat.  And Shurmur ain't no Andy.  Very average play caller.  

With no D that is gonna force Lock into a lot of throwing to play from behind and while he's got lots of talent he doesn't have "it" so we shall see but I think his ceiling is maybe a pro-bowl or two but thats if they get him a better line.  

6 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

With no D that is gonna force Lock into a lot of throwing to play from behind and while he's got lots of talent he doesn't have "it" so we shall see but I think his ceiling is maybe a pro-bowl or two but thats if they get him a better line.  

If by "it", you mean, he's not Pat, well no one is.  But he does have a chance to be good.  Put him with a coach like andy and he could be great.  Unfortunately for him he's got mediocre offensive coaches so that will likely lead to a mediocre career.  I did like the 2 offensive linemen they drafted for their system if Muti can stay on the field.

I would not say they have no D.  They do have a good D oriented head coach and still have some good defenders.  But yeah they're not going to be what they used to be.

16 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Surprised to see Smith around average. 

It’s a confusing chart and I might be reading it wrong but it looks to me like Alex is about average for number of attempts but way low on his average depth of target. 4th lowest of the bunch. 

9 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

It’s a confusing chart and I might be reading it wrong but it looks to me like Alex is about average for number of attempts but way low on his average depth of target. 4th lowest of the bunch. 

If I understand correctly Smith is around average (or slightly above) in EPAs but below average in the depth of plays if we ignore the QBs that don't matter. Still I would imagine him being much lower but could be due to the frustration back in his KC days. 

Also interestingly Smith is basically identical with Cousins, which shows how much NFL teams are willing to pay for consistency at the bare minimum decency. 

18 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

7 minutes ago, sith13 said:

If I understand correctly Smith is around average (or slightly above) in EPAs but below average in the depth of plays if we ignore the QBs that don't matter. Still I would imagine him being much lower but could be due to the frustration back in his KC days. 

Also interestingly Smith is basically identical with Cousins, which shows how much NFL teams are willing to pay for consistency at the bare minimum decency. 

Yeah, so in short it's saying that Alex really loved the checkdown but his success in doing so was slightly above average.  That kind of makes sense.