Chiefs run defense in 2020

31 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

First off, I kid because I like to fuck with Hands a little.  It's fun because he gets so mad when you say anything bad about the Ravens.  That said, as a rookie RG3 inherited a 5-11 Redskins team and rushed for over 800 yards, threw 20 TDs to just 5 picks and took them to the playoff for the first time in quite a while.  He was drafted 2nd overall and there were people that thought he had an outside chance of being number 1 overall.  And then he got hurt and wasn't as mobile.  He was never the same passer again. I think you can see some parallels in their games.  RG3 was probably a better pure passer and not as good of a rusher. 

When they played him in the playoffs practically on crutches, they seemed to care less about the future. He is likely another in a long line of promising QBs that teams ruined by throwing them in the fire on a terrible team.

29 minutes ago, DieHard said:

When they played him in the playoffs practically on crutches, they seemed to care less about the future. He is likely another in a long line of promising QBs that teams ruined by throwing them in the fire on a terrible team.

Yeah, they screwed that up.

22 hours ago, TomahawkChop said:

Honest question here, Hands. If you had a choice, which MVP would you choose. Forget any loyalties and assume you could pick either. 

Lamar is a freak unlike anything I recall at the QB spot and that includes guys like Cunningham and Vick. Mahomes has arm talent, vision and instincts like I’ve never seen from anyone. Both are young and still ascending. 

My my main concern with Lamar is his running. Ny gut tells me Pat will still be playing 5-10 years after Lamar can no longer run when injuries start to occur the more hits he takes begin to mount. 

Either way, the next 5-10 years should provide both our teams many head to head battles. 

Of course I would take Pat; no denying his talent.

Happy with Lamar though. The NFL is set with these two, Watson, et al.

Lamar has a knack for avoiding the big hits; been rewatching the games and he does draw about an avg of 3 Roughing the Passer Calls a game. The last Steelers game and Bengals game, they went after him on ever play.....announcers were criticizing the defensive players

Lamar will make a huge jump this year- read an article where he was the 5th rated QB on deep balls (CBS article). Its the outside the numbers throws and deep balls he needs to improve on. A healthy Hollywood will help, along with the 2 new WR and a matured Boykin. Andrews at TE is top 3 in the NFL.

Gonna be fun

19 hours ago, reesebobby said:

Lamar is basically a poor man's RG3.  

Disagree

16 hours ago, xen said:

I wouldnt go that far but Lamar is a hell of a running back.

Not bad for a running back= MVP

2 hours ago, reesebobby said:

First off, I kid because I like to fuck with Hands a little.  It's fun because he gets so mad when you say anything bad about the Ravens.  That said, as a rookie RG3 inherited a 5-11 Redskins team and rushed for over 800 yards, threw 20 TDs to just 5 picks and took them to the playoff for the first time in quite a while.  He was drafted 2nd overall and there were people that thought he had an outside chance of being number 1 overall.  And then he got hurt and wasn't as mobile.  He was never the same passer again. I think you can see some parallels in their games.  RG3 was probably a better pure passer and not as good of a rusher. 

Its all good. I don't get mad; I like the conversation

That said, Lamar was MVP in his first full season- RG3 never came close to that

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

That said, Lamar was MVP in his first full season- RG3 never came close to that

Lamar might not have been MVP in 2012 with the season AP had.  Peyton was 2nd with one of the best seasons a quarterback ever had and bringing the Broncos back to the top and into the Super Bowl.  It's not apples to apples.  And not relevant in comparing the 2.  Lamar had a better season, but he also had a better supporting cast.  Before RG 3, the Redskins won 4, 6 and 5 games. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/5/2020 at 2:08 PM, reesebobby said:

Lamar might not have been MVP in 2012 with the season AP had.  Peyton was 2nd with one of the best seasons a quarterback ever had and bringing the Broncos back to the top and into the Super Bowl.  It's not apples to apples.  And not relevant in comparing the 2.  Lamar had a better season, but he also had a better supporting cast.  Before RG 3, the Redskins won 4, 6 and 5 games. 

Quantify it all you want but he is still the MVP. And he would have won it back then too.

On 6/5/2020 at 8:47 PM, DieHard said:

It’s a dangerous style but he is good at it. I hope he stays healthy to see what he can accomplish. It will be fun to watch.

Football is now enjoyabkle for me. No longer do I expect a punt on the next play when its 3rd and 9- the fortuitude to go for it on 4th and 2 from the 7 yd line vs Seattle summed up the season.

32 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Quantify it all you want but he is still the MVP. And he would have won it back then too.

I think you mean qualify it all I want.  And nobody knows if he would have won it back then.  Some MVP seasons are better than others.  For example, Pat's MVP season was better than Lamar's, but there's probably some that are as good as Pat's was.  Regardless, I think we can agree that Lamar sucks like an upside down hurricane in the playoffs. 

The single only reason Lamar won MVP was because Pat got hurt.  FACT with ZERO debate 

5 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Football is now enjoyabkle for me. No longer do I expect a punt on the next play when its 3rd and 9- the fortuitude to go for it on 4th and 2 from the 7 yd line vs Seattle summed up the season.

I like that Harbaugh has embraced analytics.  Going for it on 4th when you have a good offense is the right decision over the long run, if you do it enough.  I was happy to see a coach embrace that.  Andy does somewhat but I'd like to see him do it more.

17 hours ago, xen said:

I like that Harbaugh has embraced analytics.  Going for it on 4th when you have a good offense is the right decision over the long run, if you do it enough.  I was happy to see a coach embrace that.  Andy does somewhat but I'd like to see him do it more.

Absolutely agree with this. The old Tuesday Morning Quarterback column was always for going for it n 4th and less then 7 yds. And I liked how they didn't take their foot off the gas when winning unlike previous teams.

21 hours ago, reesebobby said:

I think you mean qualify it all I want.  And nobody knows if he would have won it back then.  Some MVP seasons are better than others.  For example, Pat's MVP season was better than Lamar's, but there's probably some that are as good as Pat's was.  Regardless, I think we can agree that Lamar sucks like an upside down hurricane in the playoffs. 

quan·ti·fy express or measure the quantity of.

Setting a rushing record, like AP, and leading the league in TD passes pretty mich assure you of winning.

Asking him to throw 60 times in a playoff game when its not his game was the issue. Not Lamar

21 hours ago, Balto said:

The single only reason Lamar won MVP was because Pat got hurt.  FACT with ZERO debate 

LOL

When You set the rushing record for a QB and throw for the most TD's in the league (like Pat did) that year, pretty sure that you win the MVP.

Pat missed 2 games? Lamar sat out the equivalent of 4 games- RG3 replaced him in 6 games for the 4th quarter at least and started vs the Steelers in Week 17.

Stop.

48 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

LOL

When You set the rushing record for a QB and throw for the most TD's in the league (like Pat did) that year, pretty sure that you win the MVP.

Pat missed 2 games? Lamar sat out the equivalent of 4 games- RG3 replaced him in 6 games for the 4th quarter at least and started vs the Steelers in Week 17.

Stop.

Didn’t you see I typed “FACT with ZERO debate”?

Stop

On 6/5/2020 at 10:15 AM, reesebobby said:

so if we compare Lamar to RG3 its 36 TDs and 6Ints with 1200 yds vs 20 TDs and 5ints with 800 yds? Is that a fair comparison?

And you can do whatever- its all fun and games

On 6/22/2020 at 3:02 PM, xen said:

I just saw a stat that puts it all in perspective

Lamar Jackson 43 TDs

Sam Koch 40 Punts

so if we compare Lamar to RG3 its 36 TDs and 6Ints with 1200 yds vs 20 TDs and 5ints with 800 yds? Is that a fair comparison?

And you can do whatever- its all fun and games

Yes, I think it's a fair comparison.  You're leaving out the fact that RG3 threw for more yards.  And that LJ has a better supporting cast.  Plus RG3 was a true rookie vs LJ who was in year.  LJ started about half his rookie year.  Compare those stats with RG3's rookie year and get back to me. 

It sure seemed like RG3 was primed to have a great career before he blew the knee.  And they didn't do him any favors by continuing to play him. 

14 hours ago, reesebobby said:

Yes, I think it's a fair comparison.  You're leaving out the fact that RG3 threw for more yards.  And that LJ has a better supporting cast.  Plus RG3 was a true rookie vs LJ who was in year.  LJ started about half his rookie year.  Compare those stats with RG3's rookie year and get back to me. 

It sure seemed like RG3 was primed to have a great career before he blew the knee.  And they didn't do him any favors by continuing to play him. 

Running QBs need to forget what they have done in college before they can actually start in the NFL. RG3 was a great example of a very good arm ruined by the QB not learning the NFL and LJ is likely going to be next. Watson was a similar guy who ended up playing NFL-style and flourished. Young QBs need to learn that mobility in the NFL is rarely about moving the chains but rather keeping the play alive. 

21 hours ago, reesebobby said:

RGIII- 3200 yds passing 20 Tds 5Int 800 yds rushing 7Tds

LJ 3127 yds passing 37 TDS 6 INts 1206 yds rushing 7Tds

Looking at RGIII's roster, some names on there but their stats are eerily similar to Ravens recievers from last year

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/was/2012.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/rav/2019.htm