45 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

That's a bad argument? And going to championship games played 16, 17, 18, and 19 years ago is a good one? Having a 1-4 playoff record with Alex Smith is a good one? 

How many championships does bill belichick win without Brady?  Does that mean belichick isn't a great coach if the answer is 1 or none?  Of course you need great players to win.  You especially need a great QB (usually, a few exceptions exist).   But none of that means Andy isn't a great coach or that there aren't many ways to get to the big game, including with a mediocre interior line.

4 hours ago, sith13 said:

Not sure if I agree with all of it. Our run game has been terrible up the middle and the interior OL has rarely formed a good pocket for Mahomes. Mahomes' abilities seem to hide their deficiencies, which sort of means that we can win with a worse OL than most other teams due to Mahomes but we cannot allow the OL to turn Mahomes into Luck if we want to keep being successful. 

No doubt the oline has to improve.  And yes they probably should invest more in the line.  Niang is a good start, the kid can play.  I just don't think we need to go crazy spending there, either in free agency or the draft.  

1 hour ago, xen said:

How many championships does bill belichick win without Brady?  Does that mean belichick isn't a great coach if the answer is 1 or none?  Of course you need great players to win.  You especially need a great QB (usually, a few exceptions exist).   But none of that means Andy isn't a great coach or that there aren't many ways to get to the big game, including with a mediocre interior line.

Honestly I'm just pissed about LDT and Reiter still being our likely opening day C and RG.

4 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I just don't understand the short term salary relief for LDT that actually makes it HARDER to cut him long term. Why do that?

Maybe it's possible that Andy sees something in LDT that we didn't last season such as coming off a nagging injury.  Was LDT a liability in previous seasons?  I don't think as much as last year so maybe too many fans are basing everything on a down time for him.  Gotta trust Veach and Reid.