Asking for a trade and lists Chiefs as a team he would love to get traded too.

Guy is young and insanely talented but would be a major luxury for us and I for one would rather resign Jones.

But who knows 

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

He'd cost a first at minimum, plus the massive cap hit his upcoming contract will demand. Ill take Thornhill on his 2nd round rookie deal. We have one of the better safety tandems in the league.

If this were a young pro bowl corner I'd think differently...

yes Armani Watts is a baller as well. 

Saw somewhere on Twitter the Chiefs would have to offer Thornhill and our 1st for Adams.   

I was like no thank you.   While Thornhill may never be as good as Adams we don’t know how good he can be and then offering our first and then having to give him a huge extension would be crazy.   

I would rather keep Jones, Thornhill and our first rounder next year instead of one very good S.

11 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Saw somewhere on Twitter the Chiefs would have to offer Thornhill and our 1st for Adams.   

I was like no thank you.   While Thornhill may never be as good as Adams we don’t know how good he can be and then offering our first and then having to give him a huge extension would be crazy.   

I would rather keep Jones, Thornhill and our first rounder next year instead of one very good S.

Apples and oranges. Thornhill is better in coverage.

adams is in the box. We have the Badger 

3 hours ago, WichitaZRide said:

I’d see if the chiefs could trade straight up Jones for Adams.  Then use the 15mill in gained cap space to sign Clowney.  

Speaking of Clowney and how close it is to the season.  Could Veach find a way to scrounge up 8-9 million and sign him to a one year 14 million dollar deal.  Give him a great chance for a SB ring and he can retry in FA next year.  Would probably net us a 3rd rounder after he scores a big deal.    We would literally have the best DL in football.   It would cost us Sorensen and probably Speaks and another cut to get there and we wouldn't have much left but that line would be nasty.

9 hours ago, Calichief said:

Apples and oranges. Thornhill is better in coverage.

adams is in the box. We have the Badger 

Thing is Badger is probably better than both put together at coverage and played more corner than safety when in AZ.  

How often are we in nickel?  How often do we take a lb out and add Dirty Dan?  If we had Badger, Adams and Thornhill.....no question in my mind that Spags can make that work.

Im still on the keep Jones train but if the price just isn’t gonna work I see him as the only way to Adams and it making sense talent/money/no picks wise.

Jets Brian Poole, corner Was the top rated slot guy in the NFL last year as well...and they have a need at WR

Jets get:

Jones, DT
D.  Robinson, WR

Chiefs get:

Adams, S

Poole, CB

2021 3rd